Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Change in policy concerning AutoHotKey  (Read 9143 times)

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Change in policy concerning AutoHotKey
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 06:20:39 AM »
Goodbye dave! Nobody will miss you

Offline Dialects

« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 11:46:34 AM »
I would like to note that Dav3 raised issues under valid and irreverent premisses -most of which I came to agree upon.

What reflected poorly on his posts was the attitude with which he unveiled his arguments.

So; whereas on one hand his absence is positive (in concern to his attitude) on the other hand it is sad to see such valuable input going amiss.

This is but my opinion on the matter.

/Dan
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 15:51:39 PM »
While I agree he sometimes brought up valuable ideas, it is in fact the manner in which he treated anyone who didn't agree with jim that was the major problem. Insulting anyone who disagrees just makes it look.like.he doesn't really have anything constructive to say (even if he does later on in the post). It's often the tone of the first thought in a post that puts a certain mood to the rest of it.

I've heard the best way to persuade somebody to agree with you is to think of what that person wants and focus on that. He should try that, it ought to work wonders.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 21:00:28 PM »
The only thing I can say is that the system to catch the hackers is too strict. To be honest I must support Dav3 for one thing, which is information. When you do poll you must insert the most clear context of information of what is poll about and what that all means within the title and explanation of Auto Hot Key (AHK).

Offline zoxee

« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 22:03:09 PM »
The only thing I can say is that the system to catch the hackers is too strict

No it's not. Maybe you have a short memory of those times where cheating was the overall
topic on this forum. Today more or less normality has come back in the gameplay thanks
to that severity and it should stay that way.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 22:12:00 PM »
No it's not. Maybe you have a short memory of those times where cheating was the overall
topic on this forum. Today more or less normality has come back in the gameplay thanks
:sign_x2:
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 14:08:25 PM »

I remember when AA stopped supporting the game, and I still haven't heard of Assist- we were playing 2.8.5 without the Auth and it was literally impossible to play because every server had several cheaters playing.

The only thing that makes Assist so popular (except the honor tracking which keeps the honor whores) is their (at least most of the time) stubborn war with hackers

Offline Mixk

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 17:26:51 PM »
I remember when AA stopped supporting the game, and I still haven't heard of Assist- we were playing 2.8.5 without the Auth and it was literally impossible to play because every server had several cheaters playing.

The only thing that makes Assist so popular (except the honor tracking which keeps the honor whores) is their (at least most of the time) stubborn war with hackers
Wasn't there those who never did move on to anything after 2.5?
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 19:18:23 PM »
Wasn't there those who never did move on to anything after 2.5?

Count me as one of them.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline raw

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 11:30:18 AM »
Sorryyy guys was too lazy to read this whole thread but what is the autohotkey excatly?
AA2  2005-2015
AA:PG 2015-

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 11:59:57 AM »
Sorryyy guys was too lazy to read this whole thread but what is the autohotkey excatly?

LOL

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 13:11:02 PM »
It's a scripting program, that allows to create all kinds of macros and different kind of scripts that are activated (usually) by a press of a button.

But for as much as I've read, the scripts can be quite complicated and even replicate a sort of aimbot (correct me if I'm wrong, to whoever really knows this stuff).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 15:08:50 PM »
I remember something about crouching really fast etc. when I first got into AA. Back then I didn't see the use in it anyway.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 17:54:41 PM »
Make sure you ban for the "Aliases binds" aswell then, I use to, back in like 2.4 or something when fastswap was removed bind one of the Aliases in user.ini to crouch|onrelease|stand to my crouch button, so if you're gonna do it, do it all the way, if you didn't know about this, here you go.

Offline =SKUL=SherminatorPT

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 18:36:48 PM »
Its a key that gets really hot.
Read the post! :rtfm:

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager