Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Assist 2.395 Beta released  (Read 15958 times)

Offline -[FDG]-Steve24622

• View Profile
Re: Assist 2.395 Beta released
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 05:06:23 AM »

BTW, there will be a final bug fixing release sometime in the next week or so, after that there will not be anymore updates for 2 or 3 months.

In the next update can you add that option for Hardware Ban ?

8)

Jonnym

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 05:15:46 AM »
No, Hardware bans are only done at the master server, all PB violations are streamed to the master server and hardware bans a raised based on that.
You have to submit evidence on these forums if you want someone hardware banned.

Offline blueman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 10:04:02 AM »
Got server running again at this moment (it took me about 6 hours), but not the way i want it to,..

Jonny can you please enable the normale pb configuration files for me? / maybe create a button to change it to its normal system. Some (security) systems are working through these files and now there gone,..

PBUCON isnt working also,..
Tagprotection,.? cannot enable it from here so this is offline to,..

By the way; when i am in my server and i want to change it to 'private' with a password it doesnt work! I need to shutdown the server, change the settings and restart it,...

Suggestions?

Jonnym

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 10:18:07 AM »
Sorry we cannot get around these problems, its just the way my auth system works. and unless someone else makes a different auth system we're stuck with it cos its all we got.
You could just switch to free play mode and then you won't be tied by the limitations of the auth system.

Offline blueman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 10:39:18 AM »
That is one thing i don't get.

I have paid a lot of money to get this protection, and it worked very well.
AAO stopped the auth system and thats that, but you created a system which worked perfectly!

Since the last update it doesn't anymore!
What did you changed because maybe it is better to go back to a previous version ( i have al the versions here ),..

Also i have paid several dollars for my (clan)tag, is this protection in the 25assist program?
I have also a file with over 56000 bans which i cannot include anymore, where can i put that?

Come on man, we need more protection if we want to survive. Hackers are smart these days.

Jonnym

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 10:53:20 AM »
Nah, i'm done with this, i don't get paid to do this work and no-one even makes any donations to cover my costs.
And you are not helping because your not telling what it is that doesn't work. The ACI Banlist is useless cos GUIDs are gone. I have no idea what tag protection is or how it works and i've no idea what ucon is or what it does. And noone else seems to have any problems. Just don't use this system if its a problem for you.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 13:15:40 PM »
Yea, what's your hard-on about for clan tag protection? I always thought that was such a useless feature. Whoop-de-doo, someone is using your clan tags. Perhaps all he does is TK and someone that got TK'd posts in your forum and rages? It's pretty simple, just tell the rager that the person doing the TK's isn't in your clan. Done, problem solved.

As for your custom uber 1337 banlist, so what? You think a list of names will keep hackers out better than the best PB checks, HackHunter and Anti-Poke combined? Ha. I can only imagine a large list of names slowing down a server, especially when usernames can be changed so easily. If you have proof that someone in 2.5 is currently hacking, let us know and they will be eliminated. Again, it's pretty simple.

I also chuckle that u brought up in your post about money u paid to everybody except john whose doing this work, I paid the electric company and gas company but my water went off sorta thing

This.

Why is it that a bunch of people can come in and say Thank You for the work you've done and all it takes is one ungrateful user to ruin the whole feeling of accomplishment and pride.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 13:21:52 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 13:49:26 PM »
Tag protection is nothing much but pride (and the part of feeling part of a team which is true for a little amount of people out there). Sadly pride doesn't serves useful to pay bills :)

Offline blueman

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 16:07:02 PM »
Guys you are missing the point here.

The best thing is to work together and make it as good as possible for all the players!
Without the new auth system AAO2 was vanished into thin air, i and i think a lot of other admin's/players are very glad with this.

Although; Several weeks ago i brought some great idea's and helped where i could but you guys just ignored my posts, or not fully read them. I didn't like that at all, but i stayed and kept my server up and running (first of several).

Installed/bought new hardware in my data center, added some new low ping connections and shutdown my AAO3 server. I was excited to start AAO2 again, and play until the morning comes  ;)
But then out of nowhere an update which ruined al my settings and brought my server down, how do you guys feel when that is happening after so much work? Thats the same thing if someone comes up and say to Jonny "Nice try, but this is a very bad program!", it hurts!

I Just want to help, Let-Me !
As i said my server is running again and with my new adjustments iam fine with it. It is a shame that tag-protection and older bans doesn't work anymore but if you guys want to; i will look for some information about UCON and Tag-protection and share it with the rest (maybe not here but through private mail,..?).

And Jonny, you said that no one donated some money but that isn't true. First time that i downloaded the program (last year i think) and played again i have supported you for a couple amount of dollars. I would do it again if i am sure we can work/listen to together. What are the costs that you have to make every month with running your auth server? (and don't mean personal time, but renting some hardware or something?).

But please don't become the (old) AAO community, worked with them a couple of years, helped with some new features in AAO3 but didn't like it at all. They just ignored my (and others) input, sure some of the things they used but mostly they just ignored it and didn't even send a message back.

I am not the bad guy here, just a helping hand. Sorry if i hurt your feelings jonny  ;).

And Spanky, sorry but you i have send also serveral messages without any response to it,.. didn't liked that also. So don't shout at me this time because most of the time i posted some messages and asked you a question, got the answer sometimes from Jonny but most of the time it stayed quiet.
I hope that you to are willing to work on this on behave of the aao25 team!

-> It is funny but this time i got several responses to my questions AND VERY QUICKLY, thanks (see i can say it, i am still a human; i think  :))

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 16:20:37 PM »
blueman, I don't recall getting your PM's (there's none in my inbox currently). If I didn't reply and just deleted it (I don't recall doing this) it was probably because I had nothing to say :) If there's a problem and I can help, I'll speak up.

You keep talking about custom configurations and setups that are broken with updates, what are these? Again, if they're something great that the whole of the community could benefit from, then please share so it can be added to Assist. But, to be blunt and honest, the default Assist stuff (aside from PB messages, although a lot of clans over-do this) is really good. It's the culmination of the best PB configs there are plus 2 anti-hacking mods that actively check many variables and things the user is doing.

To be fair, a lot of things had to change in this last version, it was a major update for files and security. Future updates should be smaller and a lot more flexible.

I looked at your older posts and it seems like your suggestions/issues were all solved. It's great that you've come here with requests and ideas, you're doing more than the majority of the community.

Here's my method to solve this whole discussion:
blueman, you find a way to properly implement tag protection in your Assist install and ask Jonny nicely with a step-by-step guide on how to implement it and maybe he will do it. You can also ask him for a custom PB config file that can be edited in Assist (much like the edit User.ini option). This way you can add your own PB settings into a separate file that gets loaded by Assist that won't be overwritten with new updates. Finally, forget about a ban list. Chances are slim that there's UScript hackers still around (it's been dead since 2.7 came out). All the old hacks are detected and the old banlists aren't valid due to a new user system. If you find someone is hacking, just post it here and they will go away.

PROBLEM DIFFUSED
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline blueman

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 16:32:30 PM »
Hey Spanky;
Thanks for the fast answer man.

I have 'de-scripted' the new update and found some interesting stuff, don't like to say it but you are right! The program has several good anti hack scripts running. I will take back what i said earlier.

I will collect some stuff that i use for my server at this moment and share it with you guys.

And Spanky one thing; I you have nothing to say, just send a message back with 'i don't have anything to say,..' or something like that. Here in Holland it is rude to ignore or just delete a message without replying to it. It's just a thought, what you will do with it is on you ;)

Thanks for listening!

Jonnym

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 16:39:16 PM »
We need people here to help us deal with the hackers.
Look in this folder...
http://auth.aa25.org/PBLog/
all the data from the various protection systems ends up there.

Be sure to keep an eye on this file....
http://auth.aa25.org/PBLog/ALERT.txt
this is where the improtant stuff goes and we check this regular and ban players, ban list can be seen here.
http://auth.aa25.org/PBLog/bans.ini

Also we keep a log of screenshots, their md5, account ids and hardware sig from all servers here...
http://auth.aa25.org/PBLog/PBSS/

Jared

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 16:40:34 PM »
I also have some good scripts that I wrote and I have been meaning to give them to jonny but I still need to make sure a few of the checks are looking at the right values. So any help on testing these would be great!

Jared

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 16:44:05 PM »
Also is there a link to the users actually PBSs and not just the log

Offline blueman

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, February 07, 2012, 17:12:04 PM »
We need people here to help us deal with the hac,....

Looks very nice Jonny!
I will keep an eye on it.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager