Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA2 Development roadmap  (Read 31113 times)

Offline Alex

Re: AA2 Development roadmap
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:01:09 PM »
Read my posts Killa, yeah we tried new maps but they were silly maps
No wonder nobody wants to play them. Why do you think that Hospital Bridge
or Pipe are Legendary maps ? because there is a story behind them & because
they are strategically meaningful and challenging.

We have to bring back those characteristics by enabling each map to support
different objectives and missions.
How are mAAp Pipeline, Petrol, City Block, SF Contingency, Office Assault, and Rooftop "silly maps?" Did you play them?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:07:14 PM by JonnyM »

Offline Alex

« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:27:13 PM »
yes i did, SIR
Either you're lying or delusional. Every map I posted is as realistic, if not more so than most official AA maps. Hell, just about anything is more realistic than Bridge Crossing. I suggest you play them again. They all contain completely possible scenarios in realistic settings. Hell, mAAp pipeline is just a remake of pipeline, how can it be less realistic?

Offline zoxee

« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:40:26 PM »
Jonny thx for deleting ALL MY POSTS

Maybe it's your way to greet me for my birthday, in case you didn't notice.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:53:47 PM »
Oldschool players don't like changes, they like their habbits, every day, join same server, with same people, on same side, they even doing the same score maybe ... True it's sad I, and others, haven't played on the new maps, there should be a way to promote them ;)

JonnyM

« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:55:20 PM »
Competitions are a good way to entice people out of their comfort zones.

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 17:07:33 PM »
- consistent improvement of the assist-tool: news tab, integration of aa-watcher, scrim-system...
- consistent improvement of the aao25-page: make it more interesting/valid information 2 gather the comm here, bootcamp for new players, help to config the settings etc.
- rethink the honor-system/reward system, connect it to tracker ranks (u have to play diff maps...)
- maybe the tracker gets revived with aa4, hang in there to make it interesting for aa2, probl a lot of old players who try out aa4 and dont like it, would come back...
- fix the mapbugs, no need for new maps
- fix and improve tournament-mode
- training, ac...already mentioned

Offline Ganja

« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 17:50:13 PM »

Competitions will always be held between same people. Competition means pro's means good sound good fps good everything, so normal players will never stand a chance in competition, and that's sad.

Offline Alex

« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 21:59:07 PM »
Like Ganja said, this is only relevant for those that are "pro" players. It's just a small group of the same people that will play. Those that play the game randomly for fun are always left out or will get destroyed and quit early on.

Offline mamerize

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 02:27:33 AM »
Good luck all.. btw, i m leaving this game already... Maybe i'll be back or not in future.. Depends....

Peace all..

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 02:37:11 AM »
would be cool to have a New map from the real AA devs :) anyone?
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Bart!

« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 02:48:31 AM »
Like Ganja said, this is only relevant for those that are "pro" players. It's just a small group of the same people that will play. Those that play the game randomly for fun are always left out or will get destroyed and quit early on.
The last line you said sums it all up. The mentality of some people is soemthing like: Bah they are cheaters this is impossible, we quit.

In that way indeed noone will play competition.

You'll need different groups for that, based on level. However we do not have enough teams for that.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 02:49:10 AM »
I think fixing and improving things is more important than new maps. The main focus from now on is to get aa back to its roots,  we have succeed in tackling the modded servers, now we need to work on cleaning up the accounts piss take with training requirement. And we need to tackle macros and hacks. And of cause bug fixes and improvents.
Quoted this again because I fully agree

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 03:40:31 AM »
I think fixing and improving things is more important than new maps. The main focus from now on is to get aa back to its roots,  we have succeed in tackling the modded servers, now we need to work on cleaning up the accounts piss take with training requirement. And we need to tackle macros and hacks. And of cause bug fixes and improvents.

Offline Alex

« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 04:06:13 AM »
The last line you said sums it all up. The mentality of some people is soemthing like: Bah they are cheaters this is impossible, we quit.

In that way indeed noone will play competition.

You'll need different groups for that, based on level. However we do not have enough teams for that.
It has nothing to do with mentality, it has everything to do with not playing the game nearly as much as the "pro" players.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 06:10:42 AM »
don't change too much, because atm this game is better than ever.
and please do not hang on "old school players". bring more new players, that's the point.
and for that, they should really have a playground to start with that game.
if I would hear about aa2, I would install the game and start to play on a map with a lot of players.
then maybe I would kill one or two, but I would really not know, what the map is like at all. then - for sure - I would leave the game, because I would get killed many times by well known players.

so maybe a map for new players - like training, but not really. old players should not go there (maybe a limit with honors from 10 until 20, and an account not longer then 30 days). - yes, I know that with the multiple accounts, but maybe there is a solution for.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager