Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA2 Development roadmap  (Read 31286 times)

JonnyM

AA2 Development roadmap
« on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 11:31:52 AM »
Here are some of my thoughts on the future of our game.

We need better anti-cheat and to ditch PB, This will not happen unless a skilled AC coder comes forward to help us. Until then we will have to continue to ban based on suspicious behaviour reported by our close knit community of players and the time put in by our admins.

I want people to respect their accounts more...
ALL accounts that were created AFTER the offical auth server was shut down will be required to do their training before they can play the game, I hope to implement this in the coming months. Accounts created before official auth shut down can be assumed to have already done training and will have this 'legacy training' added to their assist/bt accounts. Training requirement will be based on tours, Basic training required for any map, SF training for SF exclusive maps etc. Once the assist training system is up and running you will have a couple of weeks to do the training before it becomes mandatory.

Some more offline/single player maps. Looking at Spanky our lead map developer when he has some time, I would like to see more 'Spankyville' types single player maps.

I would like to hear further suggestions from all of you on the future of our game.
Jonny.

Offline ]-KTA-[Helldiver

Re: AA2 Development roadmap
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 12:09:09 PM »
Training for every new account sounds good but if you implement that we WILL Need better AC because there were so many Training hacks till 2.8.5 because peeps were too lazy to do Trainings everytime again.

Offline denial.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 12:11:23 PM »
Training?  :cry:

Offline R!$kX

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 12:19:07 PM »
From my view i see only 1 serious Anti-Cheat community out there, and its ACI, maybe someone from there is willing to help out?? If you need someone to talk to them, i offer myself to this task. Then i'll try to redirect them here to talk with you, its matter of luck tho ...

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 12:33:22 PM »
From my view i see only 1 serious Anti-Cheat community out there, and its ACI, maybe someone from there is willing to help out?? If you need someone to talk to them, i offer myself to this task. Then i'll try to redirect them here to talk with you, its matter of luck tho ...

i don't think aon nor aci will get involved

JonnyM

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 12:36:55 PM »
Its worth asking, go ahead.

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 12:52:38 PM »
what about UAC?

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:03:49 PM »
The thing you have to remember about pb is although it might seem useless, it's only because there are less hackers interested in the game.  PB facility gives us alot of tools to check for previous hacks.  For example, all the memory signatures it looks for for .dll hooks are not readily available to the coding community.  Some server tools like webtool and scrolling rules are still used by server admins.  Screenshots, although they don't catch anyone, keep hackers from using easily available prior wall hacks and such.  I say make best use of it and leave it on.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:18:36 PM »
Its worth asking, go ahead.

im still a pm at aci ill give it a try

Offline R!$kX

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:27:24 PM »
Yeah me too, im already posting :)

Offline R!$kX

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:29:33 PM »
Do you have already something in mind about what you going to post?? I mean, should be something formal to introduce to them

JonnyM

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:35:07 PM »
We need some ac developers to help us...

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:37:06 PM »
We need some ac developers to help us...

Do you read my posts? Approach Tru, this might solve your problem.

JonnyM

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:38:50 PM »
I have no idea who that is,  and why would I listen to someone who is blatantly and persistently using hacks.

Offline R!$kX

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:43:27 PM »
Posted, now we wait ...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager