Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 25Assist v7.21 Released!!!  (Read 11539 times)

Offline .mo!otow^

Re: 25Assist v7.21 Released!!!
« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 06:36:50 AM »
GJ!

Floodgate <3

Offline [BAD].Sgt_KCT

« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 07:09:22 AM »
ELIZ,

I am trying install the 'Weapon Picker' module from AAMods.com under Windows XP platform. The server initialize very well with this module, but when I try logon on my server to play or as ADMIN, show me a follow error message:

"Alien File 'picker.u' on System folder. Delete this file."

I intentionaly put the 'picker.u' file on System folder and insert the string "ServerActors=picker.main" under the tag [engine.GameEngine] of file 'aa25srv.ini' on server folder.

How to use this module on my server?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 07:28:59 AM »
ELIZ,

I am trying install the 'Weapon Picker' module from AAMods.com under Windows XP platform. The server initialize very well with this module, but when I try logon on my server to play or as ADMIN, show me a follow error message:

"Alien File 'picker.u' on System folder. Delete this file."

I intentionaly put the 'picker.u' file on System folder and insert the string "ServerActors=picker.main" under the tag [engine.GameEngine] of file 'aa25srv.ini' on server folder.

How to use this module on my server?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

make a new folder /saves (same level as system is located at aa25). move the picker.u into that new directory. delete the one in /system. thats all

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 08:27:46 AM »
Or the better option is to run dedicated server, don't have to worry about the Alien file warning.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 08:31:23 AM »
ELiZ: maybe you forgot to make pictures of the maps -> serverlist dosn't shows the new maps :)

What map would that be?
All maps should be present.

Map thumbnails are now downloaded from our servers when you click on the server in the list.
It is then Saved in a folder called Pics under the 25Assist folder.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 08:48:02 AM »
Maybe I'm not getting something, but how do I get the Recidence and Bunker Crisis maps? I don't see any server with them and I couldn't find a way to switch a server on them either (maybe I just don't know the exact name, I tried mp_recidence, but the server just restarted on the same map indicating that mp_recidence.aao didn't exist).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline mamerize

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 08:53:06 AM »
i have problems.

i got this error message: Timeout waiting for authorisation system. Please try again.

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 09:17:28 AM »
When you say browser admin panel, what do you mean?
Is is the admin panel from some hosting Service where you run AA?
If that is the case, you'll have to take it up with them.

If you mean the Server tab Inside the Assist Client, verify that you are running the 7.21 version of the game

I rent my server from hosters.at.
and via the browser admin panel I can control my server.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 09:54:35 AM »
What map would that be?
All maps should be present.

Map thumbnails are now downloaded from our servers when you click on the server in the list.
It is then Saved in a folder called Pics under the 25Assist folder.

if you klick to see the server list at the top of this page, you will see, there are no pics of the new maps at the server list. maybe im wrong and its another reason for that.

Offline kMx

« Reply #39 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 09:58:16 AM »
great update , as always
thnx

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #40 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 10:28:46 AM »
Maybe I'm not getting something, but how do I get the Recidence and Bunker Crisis maps? I don't see any server with them and I couldn't find a way to switch a server on them either (maybe I just don't know the exact name, I tried mp_recidence, but the server just restarted on the same map indicating that mp_recidence.aao didn't exist).

The Filenames of the new 7 maps are:
Code: [Select]
MP_Bunker_Crisis
MP_District
MP_Canyon
MP_Residence
MP_RiverVillage
MP_SF_Floodgate
MP_SF_OldTown

Any Client that joins a server running a map the client dont have will download it before joining the server.
Same thing, if a server is started with a map it dont have, it will download the map, then start it.

Only drawback is that when Admin Switching8F12 or admin switch) to a map that the server dont have it will not download it.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 21, 2013, 10:34:00 AM by ELiZ »

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #41 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 10:29:56 AM »
if you klick to see the server list at the top of this page, you will see, there are no pics of the new maps at the server list. maybe im wrong and its another reason for that.

I see what you mean, problem is that that list of mainteained by spanky... and he's MIA atm.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #42 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 12:33:06 PM »
now i have the same Problem like other have:

Connection failed
Downloading 'MP_Steamroller' not allowed.

and all the new maps will not start. i stopped the server and started it with the new map. some map are doing a crash and at the end, another map is loaded (e.g. Insurgent Camp).

and some maps which did run before the update, do not run again (Steamroller, Petrol ...). if i will start them, i get teh aa main menu, but not connected to the game.

what kind of problem is this? i do not like to reinstall all servers again. any hints about ?
thank you

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #43 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 12:40:06 PM »
i am trying now to reinstall the mAAp package

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #44 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 12:42:06 PM »
now i have the same Problem like other have:

Connection failed
Downloading 'MP_Steamroller' not allowed.

and all the new maps will not start. i stopped the server and started it with the new map. some map are doing a crash and at the end, another map is loaded (e.g. Insurgent Camp).

and some maps which did run before the update, do not run again (Steamroller, Petrol ...). if i will start them, i get teh aa main menu, but not connected to the game.

what kind of problem is this? i do not like to reinstall all servers again. any hints about ?
thank you

If you get
Code: [Select]
Downloading 'MP_Steamroller' not allowed.it means the map on your client and server are not the same, or that you dont have the map on the clients.
In your case most likly the package on the server is the old one, so upload your client map to the server.

If you are unsertain that your client map is ok, you can download the maps here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/aa25assist/files/Data/Maps/

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager