Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 25Assist v7.14 has been released!!!!  (Read 14861 times)

Offline Pegesus

Re: 25Assist v7.14 has been released!!!!
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 08:10:12 AM »
u can load the file while in server as admin
type in console:

admin pb_sv_load ServerMessages.cfg
or
exec ServerMessages.cfg

cant remember which one :p
CPU: Intel i7 o/c to 4.40ghz
RAM: 32GB Patriot Red
GFX: MSI GTX650Ti Boost
Sound: Creative X-Fi
Headset: Steelseries 4H
Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2
Keys: Cyborg v5

TheBlackGinger

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 09:49:48 AM »
Today we have rolled out a new version of the Assist Client.
This has been the work of me, Possessed and BiG_SerGiO.

Release Notes:
This version we have concentrated on adding security and enhancing AC efforts.

Srsly wat did u do?

xcept for some CVAR that kept kickin ~80% of the community i dont see any improvement o_o
(1st april is in 106 days)

ps.: that hwid+subnet ip ban is not stronkk nuff men ajajaj))

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 10:03:55 AM »
u can load the file while in server as admin
type in console:

admin pb_sv_load ServerMessages.cfg
or
exec ServerMessages.cfg

cant remember which one :p
eh I removed the line that loads this lol, cuz we did not shipped the file with instruction of how to set messages etc, but you can do what Pegasus wrote above.

178.198.205.170  JOIN-5.9.19.110:1727 -- 02:43 KICKED OUT
uh uh uh Gangnam Style :style:
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 10:23:12 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 10:11:41 AM »
A small assist update won't get rid of cheaters. 2.5 is still a compromised version of the game.

I think when they say "AC update" they mean that they cvar'd more things to limit "tweakers". Its probably more of a pain in the butt than productive in any way.

I just hope they removed the 1 very unfair tweak that did exist.

eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 10:20:02 AM »
A small assist update won't get rid of cheaters. 2.5 is still a compromised version of the game.

I think when they say "AC update" they mean that they cvar'd more things to limit "tweakers". Its probably more of a pain in the butt than productive in any way.

I just hope they removed the 1 very unfair tweak that did exist.
updating cvars wont take months you ....
Theres no AC that cant be by passed..
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline dapand

• View Profile
  • AA: Panda
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 10:27:12 AM »
I salute the initiative to try and evict cheaters/fag no fog users but I don't think it's possible ^^ someone will always come around with something.

There are some hackers who do code their hacks themselves and just wanna troll the shit out of a game because they like attention and/or the challenge to somehow "break" a code.
There are some competitive players who are willing to use any big fat exploits like no fog or even using only one tool from a hack saying "Yeah cuz everyone at this level uses it" like a steady CEM or some shit like that.
There are cheaters who just use some hacks to annoy people, not because they suck without the cheat, but because they like to troll, feel powerful and just get attention.

I don't feel mad at 'em, it's pretty much what you can expect from people in other domains in life I guess ;)
@_@

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 10:31:06 AM »
"big fat exploits like no fog"

Doesn't exist.
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 10:38:49 AM »
All the effort and work that Eliz, Possessed and Sergio have done is outstanding and while the visible effects might be more subtle than what you expect there truly are plenty of chances for a cleaner gameplay. 

Offline dapand

• View Profile
  • AA: Panda
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 10:42:22 AM »
@ ekcomm It used to exist, why would it not anymore ? If you could explain to me how it's not doable anymore then I would believe you ^^
No fog as in you don't see opponents from 20000 miles, rather they just pop up within the game limits - much more easier to spot enemies before them.
@_@

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 10:45:19 AM »
I also appreciate the work being done by the admins. I also agree to dapand somehow, he is right, because the will always be such lamers. Imo, the most important factor besides serverside anticheat-work is our community. It's our task to watch players carefully either in the same team or enemy team and spread it via team/globalchat if something seems to be wrong with a player.

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 10:56:53 AM »
@ ekcomm It used to exist, why would it not anymore ? If you could explain to me how it's not doable anymore then I would believe you ^^
No fog as in you don't see opponents from 20000 miles, rather they just pop up within the game limits - much more easier to spot enemies before them.

Unless your talking about using gamma and brightness settings to see further. Then you would need a hack to remove fog. This can't be done in the .ini's in v2.5. I would never prove an unproven claim false. That doesn't make sense. Rather, you should prove it true. Because if this is possible then the assist admins should know about it.

In effort to stay on topic. Thanks for the Assist update. I'm sure this will only help.
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Mixk

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 11:11:48 AM »
Yes, Thank you all for the work that you folks have done here and I appreciate the help I have received from BiG_SerGiO when I have asked. I am sure alot of players take it for granted and don't realize the time and effort that goes into making this all happen for us.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 11:38:28 AM »
eh I removed the line that loads this lol, cuz we did not shipped the file with instruction of how to set messages etc, but you can do what Pegasus wrote above.
 uh uh uh Gangnam Style :style:

can you put it in again - maybe with the release from january ? would be great.
and maybe something to load it's own pbss configuration too ?
thanks again.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 12:14:24 PM »
can you put it in again - maybe with the release from january ? would be great.
and maybe something to load it's own pbss configuration too ?
thanks again.
I added it again, u just need to Stop your server and start it again, new config will be loaded :_)
I also "optimized"(read reduced how much it checks per minute w/e) cvars scans and md5tool, hope ppl get less Ignoring md5tool queries. it was checking 1 file each 15 seconds, now should scan 2 files a minute.

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 12:54:47 PM »
Nice to see new assist, and its updates. I be looking forward and hope to check the newest version soon.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager