Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 14-06-2015 after this seke clan will run europe BCD till 23 august.  (Read 9928 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
14-06-2015 after this seke clan will run europe BCD till 23 august.
« on: Sunday, June 07, 2015, 17:55:44 PM »
I hope you all enjoy the BCD `s  for now the official BCD stops till 30 august.
Ther are already initiatives to led this run and that is good ! how they do it i can`t tell but for sure
after the summer we come back .
I will chance summ in bcd to make it easyer and meaby with new idears better. :idea:
so i will not stand still. :cool:
I wish all  a good  hollyday  don`t drink to muts and juse condoms.
I had good and bad time to do this but the good time did win HOOAH!!!! :up:

« Last Edit: Saturday, June 13, 2015, 10:42:28 AM by Vanoke »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 14-06-2015 Last BCD till 30 august. IL will be your host on America server
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 07, 2015, 18:02:56 PM »
If admins like to bring the four maps under the eyes in the hollyday`s when they like to play, here the link to all announcement with numbers 1 till 37 so they can make it publiek if they like. you can downlode them from the site and puth them here, just Click on it to go to picture . Only the date will be confused Ooooops !.  Be clear who host it the 2 server if possible stay open good luck.

http://aao25.com/forum/big-clan-day/upgrade-slots/msg83524/#msg83524
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 07, 2015, 18:08:05 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 07, 2015, 18:35:18 PM »
Why do the "official" BCD stop? I mean there's at least 25 other admins around that could do the work right? What makes it less official?

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 08, 2015, 16:01:25 PM »
Could you please send me or another BCD admin some instructions in how to continue without you.
I agree with Ganja. This doesn't have to stop for months just because one admin wants to take a break.

Sorry I didn't have the time to play lately, got some importants stuff to handle right now. But I do hope you just don't quit on us  :cry:

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 08, 2015, 17:28:57 PM »
Your not the only one Mentalist :

IL EXeHALE:   I'm going to try and keep bcd going
Vanoke:       you speak for america server np

IL EXeHALE:   Yes
Vanoke:       but speak about unofficial is that possible
Vanoke:       i will creat a new way for a whole year
Vanoke:       and i must talk to assist team for a way of kd record holder
             need to work this out

IL EXeHALE:   Sounds good

You see mentalis Mr Exehale understand my 100 % and with respect  :D
No problem if people try to led it run but its unofficial , and way becose every event needs sometimes a break its normal. 
I don t want to puth me on a higher level becose i did creat this, but all knows i am BCD for now and solong i work on it and like to do it for assist you can say Official. whitout me its unofficial.
I did  spent more time in it than ennie other here.
This free time i can spend on my own clan and to think about the next BCD after the hollydays. Like all clans in BCD did when the were not in the BCD  now i choose also for my spending free time.

I think i deserve it !!!!!!

« Last Edit: Monday, June 08, 2015, 17:31:59 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 08, 2015, 20:45:14 PM »
I don t want to puth me on a higher level becose i did creat this

Isn't that what you just did? I agree that you've worked a lot to get those events running and you were doing a good job. But it's ridiculous to call it "unofficial" just because you're going on holidays.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 09, 2015, 01:59:56 AM »
No problem if people try to led it run but its unofficial , and way becose every event needs sometimes a break its normal. 
I don t want to puth me on a higher level becose i did creat this, but all knows i am BCD for now and solong i work on it and like to do it for assist you can say Official. whitout me its unofficial.
I did  spent more time in it than ennie other here.
This free time i can spend on my own clan and to think about the next BCD after the hollydays. Like all clans in BCD did when the were not in the BCD  now i choose also for my spending free time.

I think i deserve it !!!!!!

No offence, but to me, this sounds a bit arrogant.

What makes it more "Official" when you're "doing it" instead of someone else? Your long posts? Your funny graphics? The  fact that your English is sometimes barely comprehensible?

I don't think everyone who has played BCD (most of whom, I can guarantee, have never visited this site), even know you were the one organizing it.

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to take part of many BCDs, however it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to organize. All you need is a set of maps, a set of servers, a set of server admins and a set of clans. I don't see how you being on holiday removes any of those.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying what you've done is not great (it is!) and that it wasn't hard. You've definitely spent a lot of time on this. Starting something is always harder than keeping it going. However, even the best startups sometimes need someone else to manage them after they've got going.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 09, 2015, 02:52:50 AM »
I never did say that you must call it unofficial . Call it whatever you want but not Bcd
Its very simple guys . I dont want that everybudy starts a bcd out of my name.   
I dont want that ganja say to me you led every guy make a bcd its out of controll VANOKE .

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 09, 2015, 03:42:04 AM »
I never did say that you must call it unofficial . Call it whatever you want but not Bcd
I dont want that ganja say to me you led every guy make a bcd its out of controll VANOKE .

Like I said already, I can guarantee that a lot of people who play BCD don't know you've been organizing it.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, June 09, 2015, 03:55:01 AM »

Doesn't need to go out of control. First of all, everybody knows it happens on Sunday. Then you program the next weeks by saying "HT choose first week, seke second week etc etc" like it was always done, and there will be no issues for sure.

But hey I guess it's your right to do whatever you want with it, just thought it would not be rlly cool for other clans to see you don't trust them enough

Offline ronski

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 09, 2015, 04:43:53 AM »
I understand your point Vanoke, BCD is like a child and you are his proud father. You have done a lot of great work around it and its sad that only a part of players knows about your work. But I must say, Im with others here. The child of yours has grown enough, it doesn't have to take vacation with you. There are many player admins who takes part in the game every sunday and will take care of BCD. Main question would be, who organizes it while you are away? You told that you would like to spend more time with your clan, do you mean that if there would be BCD running, you just couldn't avoid the temptation of taking a part?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 09, 2015, 05:13:28 AM »
I understand your point Vanoke, BCD is like a child and you are his proud father. You have done a lot of great work around it and its sad that only a part of players knows about your work. But I must say, Im with others here. The child of yours has grown enough, it doesn't have to take vacation with you. There are many player admins who takes part in the game every sunday and will take care of BCD. Main question would be, who organizes it while you are away? You told that you would like to spend more time with your clan, do you mean that if there would be BCD running, you just couldn't avoid the temptation of taking a part?

What do you mean with organize? The way I see it , the only organization needed for the moment is 1 clan that chooses 4 maps every week. There doesn't need to be a change, or am I wrong?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, June 09, 2015, 05:26:17 AM »
they all are right vanoke. you should not say you can name it like you wish but not BCD.

imagine what happend when you come back after hollydays. your child is dead, a new one is born called whatever, maybe NBCD (new big clan day).
all will play on those servers during summertime, on servers called NBCD (or whatever), hosted maybe by vortex with a good ping for all.

imagine there would be only 2-3 clear rules to follow on 2 good servers (europe and usa), all admins would know 6 month in advance who would be responsible for hosting the sundays. really a short part to organize.

after the comming back of vanoke, all would still play NBCD, no one BCD .... do you really want that i may ask you?

Offline ronski

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, June 09, 2015, 05:46:46 AM »
What do you mean with organize? The way I see it , the only organization needed for the moment is 1 clan that chooses 4 maps every week. There doesn't need to be a change, or am I wrong?

Thats the main part of it, as I see it as well. Of course there has been some communication between Vanoke and current week's host clan. Would you count on that if it was decided on beforehand that - let's say July 12th - will one clan be the host on BCD and they will remember it without any reminding about it when the date is near? Some may, some may not. Every host clans turn must be decided on beforehand, but in a long period this doesn't work automatically, there must be one guy or clan, who keeps it going. 

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, June 09, 2015, 06:27:03 AM »
Thats the main part of it, as I see it as well. Of course there has been some communication between Vanoke and current week's host clan. Would you count on that if it was decided on beforehand that - let's say July 12th - will one clan be the host on BCD and they will remember it without any reminding about it when the date is near? Some may, some may not. Every host clans turn must be decided on beforehand, but in a long period this doesn't work automatically, there must be one guy or clan, who keeps it going. 

Make a discussion with clanleaders like: What are the next 4 maps that you choose. Which week would be most convenient for you. All the admins will be able to change the maps that were decided in advance, even if the clan that chose these maps forgot to show up. Wouldn't be that complicated I guess. No need for dominating clan or whatsoever, except the fact that they chose the 4 maps.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager