Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Post Your Car!  (Read 87798 times)

Offline Alex

Re: Post Your Car!
« Reply #135 on: Friday, June 26, 2015, 02:37:28 AM »
nope u need 2 plates in us but i refuse to ruin the look of the car with a stupid front plate
I realize this post was a while ago but I just wanted to correct you. It depends on what state you are in. Here in Michigan you only have 1 license plate on the back. You don't get one for the front.
https://www.cars.com/articles/2013/10/how-many-states-require-front-license-plates/

Knowing you posted this when you still lived in Illinois you should be happy to see that Florida doesn't require a front license plate either. :P

On topic though, I recently purchased a 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 as my first bike.

Aside from being a blast to ride, the thing is awesome on gas too, getting almost 70mpg. It will save me a lot of gas money going to school and work. The insurance is also surprisingly cheap, I'm only paying about $45/month, which is less than half of what I pay for my car.
I just wish I lived further south so I could ride it for a larger portion of the year. My car is a 2001 Ford Taurus if I never posted it before.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Friday, June 26, 2015, 11:44:54 AM »
Wtf a 300 killa?? At least you should of gotten a gsxr 600  or 750  )))))) 

Still be safe on your bike a lot of nuts out there on the road

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #137 on: Friday, June 26, 2015, 12:16:27 PM »
More like Kawasucki amirite?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #138 on: Friday, June 26, 2015, 16:01:21 PM »
Your bike looks sick ;)

Offline Alex

« Reply #139 on: Friday, June 26, 2015, 22:26:51 PM »
Wtf a 300 killa?? At least you should of gotten a gsxr 600  or 750  )))))) 

Still be safe on your bike a lot of nuts out there on the road

lolz. buying a gixxer as your first bike typically ends up with you on the pavement and a hole in your wallet for repairs and medical bills. :P
The 300 is a great bike to start on and resells for almost as much as you buy it for. In a year or 2 I'll sell it and get something bigger.

More like Kawasucki amirite?
U jelly bro?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, June 27, 2015, 01:34:05 AM »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline halko

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, June 27, 2015, 13:25:14 PM »
Boojaa! As I earlier posted I was bout to change car in the winter and also managed to find new one. Here's my 'new' baby! 2.0T Gasolin, manual and quattro! Interior is grey/black leather with multifunction steering wheel. Only thing I need is OEM navigation system to central console.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, June 27, 2015, 13:55:39 PM »
Just realized I never formally introduced mine. It's funny, at the beginning of this thread, I knew next to nothing about engine repairs or automotive work and here I am having a pretty decent tool collection for a DIY'er and I've been in just about every nook and cranny of my affectionately named 'Blue Bomb':

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/464376/vehicles/1991%20Explorer/Pictures/CameraZOOM-20150527175320046.jpg

Hauling some compost:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/464376/vehicles/1991%20Explorer/Pictures/CameraZOOM-20150308110513453.jpg

The most recent surgery I did on her:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/464376/vehicles/1991%20Explorer/Pictures/Valvetrain/P1020923.JPG

I have more money into her than she's worth and she's not perfect but she's mine and 100% paid for. Never let me down, even when she's throwing a fit.

A quick list of the things I've done;
Code: [Select]
Transmission pan drop, replace filter & gasket, cleaned pan, filled with NAPA ATF.
Upper & lower ball joint, spindle shaft bearings, repack wheel bearings on driver's side.
Front manual hub o-rings replaced, cleaned out old grease.
Front sway bar bushings replaced.
Battery cables replaced.
Power steering pump & hoses replaced, steering box adjusted and fluid flushed with Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic ATF.
ECT, IAT, O2 sensors replaced.
MAF, IAC, Throttle Body cleaned.
Replaced fuel filter.
Replaced serpentine belt and both pulleys.
Tested coil pack, installed new spark plugs & wires.
Replaced vacuum lines with silicone hose.
Differential fluids flushed with 80W-90, filled with Mobil 1 75W-90 synthetic approx 2,000 miles later.
Flushed transfer case, filled with Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic ATF.
Spindle bearing, brake hose & outer u-joint replaced, slip yoke greased, wheel bearings packed on passenger side.
Flushed and bled brake system, filled with NAPA DOT3.
Replaced oil pan gasket, timing cover gasket, water pump gasket, front crankshaft seal, rear crankshaft seal, timing assembly, motor mounts, radiator and heater hoses, core/soft plugs and installed block heater.
Replaced all 4 shocks with KYB Gas-A-Just.
Installed new Monroe rear glass lift shocks and used set of rear taillights.
Installed new 4-hole Mustang fuel injectors and fuel pressure regulator.
Replaced upper & lower intake manifold and valve cover gaskets with Mangum silicone and Permatex The Right Stuff.
Installed new severe duty fan clutch, Stant SuperStat thermostat and radiator cap.
Installed new Sealed Power rocker arms and pushrods, rotated rocker arm shaft 180*.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline =IHF=^Napalm

« Reply #143 on: Saturday, June 27, 2015, 20:16:51 PM »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager