Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Play the aa4 Proving Ground Mode at aa2assist  (Read 14799 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Play the aa4 Proving Ground Mode at aa2assist
« on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 03:58:43 AM »
hi all out there

i would like to give you another possibility to play our beloved game. some of you know it already, some of you maybe not. therefor i will try to explain it.

not so far ago, aa2 had some great scrims and matches, like those at german's e-league. fighting agaist another clan, week by week. today, this is history!

so i did think about a new boost to get a step back to these wonderful days. but how?

first i think, we should get to know this mode - it's called "Tournament Mode". and this is almost the same what is implemented now at aa4 proving ground. why?

- you have several settings to get a nice match like all the alrady known once, but also automatic side swaps after the half of the match
- you can select from many modes like "endex" mode which allowes you to win a match when more then the half of the possible rounds are won
- you have "warmup rounds" befor the match starts to get comfort with the map you will play
- you have to select from each team a "Captain" which will lead through the game together with the "Captain" from the opposite part
- you can if you like select from several modes of views. standard mode for matches/scrims are for example "first persion view only"
- you are able to play a new mode - for fun or for your ego (if you win :))

i do miss this kind of gameplay a bit. therefor i have put in a new kind of server called "SWISS PLAY AA4 MODE - NO PASS NEEDED". so far and now, this server is switching the maps - but only if no one is playing at - every 30 minutes to another map. you can jump on if you like the map, but you need at least 2 players to get it playable. after joining, you will be asked to join Team A or Team B. also you have to enter a password, which is just pressing enter (no password needed).

then, each side has to select the "captain" who will be able to start the game (only if both captains of each side did have pressed the ready button, the game will start). you have to select the guns by yourself. to change the guns you have to select first "remove" before beeing able to change them. after the middle of the match (15 rounds at all), the sides will be switched automaticaly. then a "warmup round" will start again. to jump over that round, the captains have to press again the "ready" button. the map will be played until a team do win it. then again, the captains have to say "ready" to start a new match at the same map.

i hope some of you will jump on that new kind of server to try out that mode. if you do wish some changes, let me know please. maybe i can do it. enjoy!!

Offline Southofheaven

Re: Play the aa4 Proving Ground Mode at aa2assist
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 05:49:06 AM »
 :up: Good Job..  :style:

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 06:58:47 AM »
Lol telepatic contact this comes close to my next BCD announcement . Yes this game needs a way of tournament. Its a nice start and meaby work out to all players. 

Offline raw

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 10:30:44 AM »
thats the one thing that im loving in AA:PG.
Even the pubbing is like a match...and also that you can use your mic easily in-game. People actually try to do the missions everyround not thinking about their own scores.

AA2  2005-2015
AA:PG 2015-

Offline Bart!

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 12:02:12 PM »
thats the one thing that im loving in AA:PG.
Even the pubbing is like a match...and also that you can use your mic easily in-game. People actually try to do the missions everyround not thinking about their own scores.

The problem in AAPG however is that the maps are in such a way, that winning by obj is almost impossible. It's almost always kills.

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 16:18:41 PM »
I hope it works out. Every innitiative to keep this game alive is a good one ;)

Offline raw

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 02:27:17 AM »
The problem in AAPG however is that the maps are in such a way, that winning by obj is almost impossible. It's almost always kills.

I must disagree with you on this one. okay i admit it depends on what map ur playing. its a bit unfair that the dead teammates can still report the enemies for the last ones alive...that makes it easier. yes you could do that in ts3 also but now u can chat with the other players also just like that.

but i like how ppl try to work as a team in AA:PG. idk if ive met anyone who cares abt their scores...they trying to revive the teammates even there are a risk you get shot.
AA2  2005-2015

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 06:01:16 AM »
but i like how ppl try to work as a team in AA:PG. idk if ive met anyone who cares abt their scores...they trying to revive the teammates even there are a risk you get shot.

That's the best part of it :) people appreciate and you do get 300 points for a revive and 150 if you stay just even close to someone reviving (pretty much covering them).

Offline raw

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 08:58:20 AM »
hmm..derob?  you the one who run the derob's servers in aapg? 
you guys playing the aa2 maps right...that name sounds familiar.

btw..is it normal that once i've downloaded the aa2 maps it took like 5 min and nothing happened when i tried to join. then i gave up..annoying.
AA2  2005-2015

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 10:09:57 AM »
hmm..derob?  you the one who run the derob's servers in aapg? 
you guys playing the aa2 maps right...that name sounds familiar.

btw..is it normal that once i've downloaded the aa2 maps it took like 5 min and nothing happened when i tried to join. then i gave up..annoying.

Sure, we run the Derob Funhouse server (it's Stephan's server). When you play a custom map for the first time, the game will have to build the shaders, usually the bigger and more complex the map the longer it takes. The AA2 maps ported by Eliz (Altan) are well optimized and shouldn't take that much time at all on a pc that can run AAPG smoothly (say, 60 fps at least).
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 10:14:43 AM by Koden »

Offline raw

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 11:02:48 AM »
Ok so i should just simply wait for more...my fps are around 30-50.
AA2  2005-2015

Offline Bart!

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 12:11:18 PM »
Koden is higher rank as me though, so that's the bad thing about playing that game.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 12:16:04 PM »
Koden is higher rank as me though, so that's the bad thing about playing that game.

Eh? Sorry, i don't get you Bart. Bad in the way the points are given?

P.s. and well, i got an high rank mostly because of the revives (about 30 thousand).
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 12:23:29 PM by Koden »

Offline Bart!

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 12:49:26 PM »
Eh? Sorry, i don't get you Bart. Bad in the way the points are given?

P.s. and well, i got an high rank mostly because of the revives (about 30 thousand).
Just a joke.

Yeah, I know, I don't play a lot of revive servers, so that's why :) But I like playing some games with you sometimes:)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 13:09:02 PM »
Just a joke.

Yeah, I know, I don't play a lot of revive servers, so that's why :) But I like playing some games with you sometimes:)

Oh thanks, I reckon my eye sight has become awful, i used to play better back at the beginning. I know "hardcore" servers and "regular" server makes for a different gameplay but there's so much fun and jokes to be had even during normal public matches, it really is a kindergarten sometimes xD but so many laughs and lovely people to chat with.

P.s. i usually play on our server (Derob Funhouse) or, ehm, on the Teabagging Warfare server.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 13:11:54 PM by Koden »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager