Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Internet ID for Americans  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Alex

Internet ID for Americans
« on: Saturday, January 08, 2011, 14:34:49 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20027837-501465.html

Basically, Obama wants every American to have a single internet ID to enhance security and maybe get rid of people having to use a lot of different passwords. Anyone have any thoughts on the idea? For me, I hate the idea. The U.S. government doesn't exactly have a perfect track record for secure IDs as seen by the multitude of identity theft by the way of guessing Social Security numbers. I can't see this as being anything besides a massive ploy to enable the government to track citizens more thoroughly.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Internet ID for Americans
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 08, 2011, 14:51:31 PM »
Won't happen. It might be a neat idea and might make things more secure (I don't really know either way for sure) but it just won't happen. The government can't mandate or make changes to a global internet. What, are they going to make laws so that you can't use passwords? This is a waste of time and money all around. People that don't know how to drive shouldn't operate cars just as people that don't know how to use computers, shouldn't put sensitive information out there.

If anything, make a computer license. Much like a driving license but for computers. Say you get phished or hacked, that's an offense and a suspended license. This would be the best way to slow down or prevent identity theft; REMOVE THE IDIOTS.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 08, 2011, 15:03:15 PM »
That is a very interesting solution, but I have a feeling that this idea isn't mainly for more security, but rather to have an easier route to track citizen's activities. I don't see how having a single ID could be more secure anyways, because if that gets stolen, then they have EVERYTHING instead of just one thing.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 08, 2011, 15:34:59 PM »
That is a very interesting solution, but I have a feeling that this idea isn't mainly for more security, but rather to have an easier route to track citizen's activities. I don't see how having a single ID could be more secure anyways, because if that gets stolen, then they have EVERYTHING instead of just one thing.

2 more reasons that this is a lame idea and waste of time & tax payer's money.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 08, 2011, 17:34:20 PM »
lol what? They are phishing me for my password before I even get phished. Sneaky mother fuckers.

I like how they keep trying to understand the internet but fail every time. This idea wouldn't make sense even in the 90s.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager