Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Government Shutdown (Discussion)  (Read 6832 times)

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

Government Shutdown (Discussion)
« on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 13:51:48 PM »
What you guys think about it?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Government Shutdown (Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 14:06:42 PM »
I have no problems with it. What sucks though is that I voted for Obama and I've always been for some kind of healthcare reform because the whole industry is inefficient and expensive. One of the silly things about Obamacare is that they tout that it's to eliminate healthy people paying for poor sick people's expenses. But that's exactly what health insurance companies do. Everybody pays in and it's the healthy people that are paying the expenses. I hate the mandatory health coverage, it's just forcing me to pay out for something I don't want. It's money going to an already bloated company that causes more problems than it solves. Obama can kiss my ass, I won't be paying for health insurance.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 14:23:19 PM »
The strong has an moral obligation to protect the weak, one of the pillars of modern society.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 14:28:20 PM »
And did you not already play for the healthcare for the poor when they went to emergency rooms though your taxes?

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 14:31:13 PM »
The strong has an moral obligation to protect the weak, one of the pillars of modern society.

When things work properly, that's how it should be.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 14:58:57 PM »
And did you not already play for the healthcare for the poor when they went to emergency rooms though your taxes?

I have no problem with that. I pay my taxes open and honestly. I see the good work they do for roads and infrastructure around my area. I just have a problem giving money to a non-government company who denies coverage to rake in extreme profits. Granted, they can no longer deny based on pre-existing conditions under Obamacare but you can't make me believe they'll be a charity from here on out. Paying into those companies just feeds the problem. I'd much rather see my expenses going straight to the people that help me. The doctors and others that actually do the work, those that actually have a passion for helping people.

Offline DwightSchrute

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 15:21:25 PM »

>> sum clevr sig 2meak mi look liek a maste pro 420 bLaZE 1T f4g0T duud iBenCHh 200lbs np d1d u 3vN chEk mY aBs??! alpHA 4s fvcKKk!

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 15:24:46 PM »
I have no problem with that. I pay my taxes open and honestly. I see the good work they do for roads and infrastructure around my area. I just have a problem giving money to a non-government company who denies coverage to rake in extreme profits. Granted, they can no longer deny based on pre-existing conditions under Obamacare but you can't make me believe they'll be a charity from here on out. Paying into those companies just feeds the problem. I'd much rather see my expenses going straight to the people that help me. The doctors and others that actually do the work, those that actually have a passion for helping people.

Are you talking about single payer?
If not mistaken, that is what the Dems wanted, but could not get past the republicans?

In my opinion, insurance companies should be removed the equation completely, but I guess that is my liberal Swedish upbringing shining though :)

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 15:27:40 PM »
Are you talking about single payer?
If not mistaken, that is what the Dems wanted, but could not get past the republicans?
I have no idea. I generally ignore most political shit. I just know that forcing people to give money to insurance companies isn't what we should be doing.

In my opinion, insurance companies should be removed the equation completely, but I guess that is my liberal Swedish upbringing shining though :)
100% agree.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 17:05:20 PM »
It's shit because America was still recovering from economy and now it's going all down again, why the hell would you pay for Health insurance, the answer is I won't pay, they have done nothing for us and they are non government companies, this is a bullshit, I fell sorry for American people, and also those republicans can lick my old ass. Its because they didn't agree with one fucking law...  NASA is gone as well for now, i mean i really like the work they put there... http://notice.usa.gov/

Another fucking thing is that people who served America will have to work for free without a payment, wtf... all this shit goes to hell, i really hate this shit, things with syria and now these, wtf America...::/

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 17:07:42 PM »
It's shit because America was still recovering from economy and now it's going all down again, why the hell would you pay for Health insurance, the answer is I won't pay, they have done nothing for us and they are non government companies, this is a bullshit, I fell sorry for American people, and also those republicans can lick my old ass. Its because they didn't agree with one fucking law...  NASA is gone as well for now, i mean i really like the work they put there... http://notice.usa.gov/

Another fucking thing is that people who served America will have to work for free without a payment, wtf... all this shit goes to hell, i really hate this shit, things with syria and now these, wtf America...::/
100% agree.

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 17:18:53 PM »

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 07, 2013, 13:27:38 PM »
I'll be looking for more details everyday because its very interesting.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 07, 2013, 13:31:39 PM »
I'll be looking for more details everyday because its very interesting.

Haven't they approved a financial plan or something yet?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager