Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Aardvark  (Read 1344 times)

-Delta-

Aardvark
« on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 01:59:41 AM »
The other day I read that Google was acquiring something called Aardvark, so I looked into. I have to say it's a pretty neat service. It basically lets you ask a question, from the words you used in your question it will look for the best person to answer it. I asked it a question, and no more than one minute later I got an answer, then three more answers after that, each one of them being helpful. Spanky says it sounds a lot like Yahoo Answers--which I don't know, maybe it does--I've never used Yahoo Answers, so I wouldn't know. But if you're having trouble finding an answer to something by just googling it, I'd recommend Aardvark. It's probably not for everyone, though.

Screenshot - Showing Aardvark in action.  :)

http://vark.com/home

« Last Edit: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 02:05:21 AM by -Delta- »

-Delta-

Re: Aardvark
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 14:40:05 PM »
the fun i can have, i wonder whom it figures is the best person to answer "why my goat wont kiss me while i make love to it"

Actually, that's another cool thing about it. If someone is being stupid you can flag them, then if the staff thinks they're stupid they'll ban them, I assume. I just know you can't ask dumb questions without getting in trouble.

Offline Alex

Re: Aardvark
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 17:38:19 PM »
I wonder what influenced them to call it aardvark... I'm gonna have to try this the next time I have a question.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager