Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: [Aapg] game crashing at start up  (Read 19151 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: [Aapg] game crashing at start up
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 05, 2016, 20:07:04 PM »
Can´t find a map called ´Overload´. Only map with an O is `Outerhospital´ or something like that, atleast not online. However, i can play the map overload offline (open FLO_overload_c4)
got a crash while playing Slums C4 map. if you can't find it online, its because no one is hosting the map.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Bart!

« Reply #31 on: Friday, May 06, 2016, 01:45:55 AM »
Only played bdx maps yesterday, but didn't have any problems on those.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 06, 2016, 09:33:06 AM »
got a crash while playing Slums C4 map. if you can't find it online, its because no one is hosting the map.
Yeah, these days you'll have an hard time finding a populated server that hosts either Overload or Homestead, maybe some Checkout servers, but other than that is nearly completely Inner Hospital (TTtNg and KidZ offer some variety) and the usual bdx maps which are small 6vs6 maps, sort of competitive (if you can stand being able to shoot and get shot through "walls"). Back at the beginning the old beta surely featured less maps but the map rotation list was somewhat quite enjoyable...that didn't last long unfortunately.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 06, 2016, 11:46:00 AM »
Yeah, these days you'll have an hard time finding a populated server that hosts either Overload or Homestead, maybe some Checkout servers, but other than that is nearly completely Inner Hospital (TTtNg and KidZ offer some variety) and the usual bdx maps which are small 6vs6 maps, sort of competitive (if you can stand being able to shoot and get shot through "walls"). Back at the beginning the old beta surely featured less maps but the map rotation list was somewhat quite enjoyable...that didn't last long unfortunately.
shooting through walls isn't as bad anymore as it used to be, trust me :D

Imo watchdog, shadowstep and siege are quite enjoyable now

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 06, 2016, 12:19:00 PM »
shooting through walls isn't as bad anymore as it used to be, trust me :D

Imo watchdog, shadowstep and siege are quite enjoyable now
Did they lower the resulting damage? I still don't think I should have to learn most of the spam shot points before playing the bdx maps (they're definitely not "newbie friendly"). At least back in aa2 you only had to make sure you avoided the spam dropshots at the beginning! :P

Offline Placid-

• View Profile
  • AA: empty
« Reply #35 on: Friday, May 06, 2016, 16:07:21 PM »
I guess it will take a while till i get used to this game. Much more recoil than AA2. Besides that, is there a possibility to get a scope, simular or identical to the SF weapons in AA2. The only scopes i've seen on automatic weapons are small red dots, which don't zoom. Hell, getting owned bigtime lol

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, May 08, 2016, 07:16:07 AM »

Koden, you are very invited to play on the -ew.| Elite!Warriors^ Gaming Server. you just can map vote for the maps you like. and when you join as the first player, the map will switch immed. maybe also try the [SWISS] | AA2&UMM server, i guess you will like it. but first do install the [SWISS] collection at
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=483754199
today i will play THE BIG PARTY AFTER, but the whole next week i am there. hop in, we will have fun with others from my clan and more :)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, May 08, 2016, 09:26:10 AM »
Koden, you are very invited to play on the -ew.| Elite!Warriors^ Gaming Server. you just can map vote for the maps you like. and when you join as the first player, the map will switch immed. maybe also try the [SWISS] | AA2&UMM server, i guess you will like it. but first do install the [SWISS] collection at
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=483754199
today i will play THE BIG PARTY AFTER, but the whole next week i am there. hop in, we will have fun with others from my clan and more :)

As of late i always play on the .ew server. I was also wondering if anyone has an idea about the size of the latest patch (the main one of course, not the hotfix) because i dont really have a lot of time to play nor to even leave my laptop on to download it...i'm concerned about the patch size because i was updating stuff on an old pc i never update and it tells me its around 4.7 gb O.o 

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, May 08, 2016, 09:54:21 AM »
it's a full game download, about 2GB

Offline Bart!

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, May 08, 2016, 11:54:45 AM »
I guess it will take a while till i get used to this game. Much more recoil than AA2. Besides that, is there a possibility to get a scope, simular or identical to the SF weapons in AA2. The only scopes i've seen on automatic weapons are small red dots, which don't zoom. Hell, getting owned bigtime lol
It's been removed in an old version when there wasn't any sway or spray when unscoped. People used scoped guns only and just unscoped in close combat, that was pretty OP back then.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, May 08, 2016, 12:57:56 PM »
It's been removed in an old version when there wasn't any sway or spray when unscoped. People used scoped guns only and just unscoped in close combat, that was pretty OP back then.
"99 little bugs in the code
99 little bugs in the code
Take one down, patch it around
117 little bugs in the code."
I just played the game after the patch. A few animations feel odd (particularly the slide one) and I think some lighting has been modified. Oh, and the grenade exploit is back! :D (unless they fixed it with the hotfix, which might be the reason why the slide feels odd?)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, May 08, 2016, 15:09:20 PM »
try to change mouse sensitivity

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday, May 09, 2016, 04:38:43 AM »
After bricking my GPU with a bios flash, fixing it 1 day later with another PC and flashing another rom... I'm now on win7 x64, AA:PG seems to run smother than in the other windows x86 install (better and smoth FPS). Time to run Windows update, and activate windows...
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 15:38:30 PM »
I just facepalmed...taken from the official forums. And this is also the reason why you might still get a crash on startup, it still uses high res models/textures for the menu (it won't while loading the map)......

FunPolice wrote: »
We think we may have found the cause of the recent memory issues. It will be going out in the next update tomorrow.

(Official aa forum user) - Man, stop being vague. What is it?
I feel a lack of closure! lol

Philbash (dev) - We think it was due to the weapon/character spinners in the main menu forcing about 500MB worth of friendly weapon/character textures to be permanently loaded in memory at their highest resolution. The textures are now unloaded when you change maps

« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 15:43:29 PM by Koden »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 18:30:09 PM »
Yea, explains why I had crashs on startup before using the 3gb trick, I'm downloading a 60gb game, so I did not tried AA:PG online with my new windows x64 install.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 18:39:36 PM by Possessed »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager