Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Skype Ringtone  (Read 2833 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Skype Ringtone
« on: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 22:30:39 PM »
Back once again with a new creation! Okay props to anyone who knows what song I sampled-ish.
I recently hopped on the Skype bandwagon. Just yesterday, Dann tried calling me but I completely missed his calls and messages because the default Skype sounds are actually pretty quiet. It didnt help that I was playing music and typing a paper either. No way to catch the notifications =\ Sorry Dannnnnnnnn.

I made my own "ringtone" for Skype, and it's loud enough so I can hear it. Like the last sound effects I made, I tried to start off simple; easy arpeggios or short chords and sound wave shapes like sine, square, and saw waves. After some tweaking, my "simple" sound shapes turned into a massive french house synth and I knew what I wanted to make, even though a house tune isn't exactly a ringtone.

I present you my creation below:
http://www.tunescoop.com/play/3332393630/skype-ringtone-wav

I might tweak that around a little because I like the way it sounds and I know it can become better even for a 30second ringtone.

BTW, the intro synth is a combination of square, saw, and sine wave at different pitch levels. I like combining simple shapes to make more complicated ones :D
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 22:33:18 PM by BlueBlaster »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Skype Ringtone
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 23:20:34 PM »
Sounds good. Seems like you don't like startling ringtones either :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager