Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Seven Deadly Sins  (Read 6179 times)

Offline Dialects

Seven Deadly Sins
« on: Thursday, December 02, 2010, 00:48:58 AM »
Info: This is a poster for a 2D Animation I am currently doing for University. Painted frame by frame and digitally, the animation is to follow the same aesthetics as the promo. This animation will represent "Wrath" from a man-in-a-cell point of view.

First Promo Poster:

Second Promo Poster:

Third Promo Poster:

Preview Animation w/o Soundtrack & S.Effects:

(Youtube version is screwed...Go figure!)

Update:
I should have explained the concept, so that you could understand what I am going for with this.

Man in a locked cell/room. Black and white, with rough strokes and a noir-based style. Throughout the animation, you can see sporadic blood splatters, along with ambiguous text --dynamic typography-- popping in and out. The character then starts moving around, smacking the wall, shouting random undefined words and so on. "Kill, who --Kill, who to kill first? -- Kill HIM!! --Kill him, who? Kill HIMself" is displayed as the tense grows in both the animation (rougher strokes, blood splatters) and soundtrack (I am in the works of producing the soundtrack as well!).

Any feedback is appreciated!
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 04, 2010, 00:02:09 AM by Klaasillu »
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
Re: Seven Deadly Sins
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 02, 2010, 01:08:04 AM »
I like the style you are going with a lot. I can't wait to see more. Only thing I would say is the text is a little to pronounced for this piece.
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline Dialects

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 02, 2010, 01:10:28 AM »
What text is? Bear in mind most of the text in this promos will not exist in the animation. These are promos I export so I can keep my group-mate updated with the stage (in the storyboard) I'm at. Since I have to upload it to the internet so I can show it to him, I decided I'd show around as well. Is that the text you are referring to, or was it the "Death" word above his head-area?

Thanks for the comment.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 02, 2010, 01:14:42 AM »
I was referring to the promo text :)
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 02, 2010, 03:01:12 AM »
Im expecting to see savage animation to coincide with wrath. Blots, splatters, scratches, non-conformity, inability to stay in the lines; lovely.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 03, 2010, 22:45:36 PM »
Preview without soundtrack:

Edit:

Video links (Vimeo & Youtube) as well as 3rd Promo Poster updated to the OP.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 04, 2010, 00:02:39 AM by Klaasillu »

Offline Dialects

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 04, 2010, 20:49:32 PM »
That settles it. It would appear is not worth posting my stuff around this forum.

Thanks for making me realise the only way to get "noticed" (bear the quotation marks) around here is to either flame Killaman or act like a prick.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 04, 2010, 20:52:27 PM »
That settles it. It would appear is not worth posting my stuff around this forum.

To be fair, you gave it less than 24 hours.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dialects

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, December 04, 2010, 20:57:24 PM »
I am talking about the entire thing as a whole. However...in regards to your comment; 24h is more than enough for me to realise it is not worth. We've had this discussion before, or most of my stuff (written, imagery, whatever else) not being easily accepted or appreciated around here. Those who do appreciate my work have my thanks, and you certainly are apart of that group, as for the rest....niente.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, December 04, 2010, 23:14:02 PM »
I don't look at anything of yours for fear of being seen as a dumb bunny.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Dialects

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, December 04, 2010, 23:18:23 PM »
Then you are stupid.....is what I felt like saying.

There's nothing in you that would, should or could possibility resemble to being Dumb Bunny. Not even when you posted cat pictures on the DRAAT/Ak4 forums. However...if sarcasm and satire is the best of paths to take towards someone who has never "bombarded" you with any kind of hostility whatsoever, then sure. Be my kind guest. Not sure that is the best way to go, but ultimately, that is a decision for you to make.

Offline Alex

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, December 04, 2010, 23:58:07 PM »
The name reminds me of the intro to an Iron Maiden song. Not really related to the work but at least it is a response.  :-\

It looks cool. I mean, I really don't have the knowledge to comment on something like this. It could be brilliant, it could suck. I have no idea. All I know is that it looks pretty cool. I feel like I have said this before.

Jared

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 00:27:07 AM »
Im with nate on this, the start was kinda like is it just going to repeat the whole time, but when it started to get crazy it really was like dang, this is pretty creative. Tho, its hard to really get into it without the sound track but as of right now i say it really a great piece of work. 

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 01:24:11 AM »
I really don't have the knowledge to comment on something like this.

I'm just going to say that you don't need knowledge to know how to express your feelings about something. Proper grammar and language skills would be good though...
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 05, 2010, 01:32:18 AM »
I'm just going to say that you don't need knowledge to know how to express your feelings about something. Proper grammar and language skills would be good though...

I'm just saying that I don't know what is good or not. I can only say what I think looks good, which holds very little weight.  Also, how was my sentence grammatically incorrect?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager