Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: new avatar  (Read 4830 times)

Offline (sic)

• View Profile
new avatar
« on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 01:42:43 AM »
i decided to fuck around with the pen tool in photoshop today. i'm pretty impressed with what happened, considering it was my first real attempt with the pen tool. critiques, anyone?

Offline Calevey

• View Profile
    • SASF Clan
Re: new avatar
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 11:06:50 AM »
I don't see that little whirl over the picture as a big deal as it is widely used "effect", but I know the feeling when you first time try something new (for yourself). If you had drawn the whole picture, then I would be pretty amazed. Don't want to be rude or anything, just honest. It's always nice to learn new stuff and improve your skills, that is something that keeps you going all the time.
- Getting old, cold and slow -

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 14:48:57 PM »
Not exactly sure what you did besides the pen tool. I also think it is kinda over used. The pen tool is good in small doses. Too much and it becomes more annoying than cool. There is actually 2 small pen tools used in my current sig around the neck of the guitar that I'm thinking about taking out.

Offline (sic)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 15:39:06 PM »

original n stuff. i didn't really want it to be a huge change from the original picture, tbh, so i added some motion blur, low opacity layers behind the main render, then added some lighting and put my name in the beard.

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 16:31:40 PM »
very cool buddy, maybe you d like to make my signature on king killer:)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 16:33:33 PM »

original n stuff. i didn't really want it to be a huge change from the original picture, tbh, so i added some motion blur, low opacity layers behind the main render, then added some lighting and put my name in the beard.

Stupid question refering to yr sig, are u the AA player Mastodon?

Offline (sic)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 17:46:58 PM »
no sir, i am not. my in game name is .[Ak4].Sic-

Offline (sic)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 14:54:54 PM »
added some shading to the lower and upper left corners. and apparently my name doesn't stand out as much as i thought it would, it's in his beard if y'all missed it.

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 14:56:36 PM »
could you do a king killer with photoshop?would be very appreciated for my avatar:) or signatue:)

Offline (sic)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 14:58:38 PM »
do you have a specific picture or render you'd like me to use?

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 15:00:48 PM »
No but i quess u are very creative and you could make a crown and a killer in the chair for example:)would be cool

Offline (sic)

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 15:01:07 PM »
Not exactly sure what you did besides the pen tool. I also think it is kinda over used. The pen tool is good in small doses. Too much and it becomes more annoying than cool. There is actually 2 small pen tools used in my current sig around the neck of the guitar that I'm thinking about taking out.

i definitely like the flow you have going there, but i think the right side is a bit lacking. too much stuff on the left - the sig isn't centered. or maybe you were going for a left to right flow sig? it looks nice though, you're definitely better than you were.

Offline (sic)

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 15:01:58 PM »
No but i quess u are very creative and you could make a crown and a killer in the chair for example:)would be cool
ok, i'll see what i can do. i'm pretty busy this week, though, so i might have to do it next week. we'll see.

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 15:03:31 PM »
thanks very appreciated:)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager