Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: [Discussion] Colour vs. BW Photography  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Dialects

[Discussion] Colour vs. BW Photography
« on: Monday, April 05, 2010, 06:58:50 AM »
As a curious lad, I am interested in knowing whether you like colour over BW, or the other way around. If it is not asking much, I would also like you to explain what interests you more, and how heavily that may or may not affect your preference towards either. If I see interest arise in the subject at hand, I might as well turn this onto a more profound discussion addressing some key differences between colour and BW and how Photography itself tends to affect our vision of the world.

As for me; I can't quietly pick one over the other and let it pass under without pinning out that:
Colour ---is photography played as a game of density and visually-attended emotion vibrancy.
BW ---is photography circumstanced as a game of forms, existence vs. null, act vs. react.

With that in mind, the decision of either is bound to relate to your character, almost fully. Which ever option you en-glad the most, will always give away a bit of yourself. Personally, I think it's good that it does. Having that said, and time running out of my fists, my pick would have to go with Black and White, I am afraid.

Off to your side lads, off'em go.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: [Discussion] Colour vs. BW Photography
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 05, 2010, 13:59:19 PM »
Okay, I have no preference. It all depends on what is there and the emotion your trying to achieve by what isn't there.

So really it isn't color vs bw, it's a deeper sense of meaning.

Dann, you've used a camera longer than I have and for sure I know that you are aware of times it might be necessary to use one type over the other.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 05, 2010, 14:30:20 PM »
I agree with blueblaster. Sometimes B&W looks wonderful and sometimes it's just dull. I also enjoy those photos where they take the coloring out of the focus areas and leave the subject colored.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dialects

« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 05, 2010, 22:38:20 PM »
I agree with you both. Photography and how it relates to and with humanity is one of my most favorite subjects of the Theory of Photography. As amusing as that might be, the true question remained in what attracts you more, which doesn't necessarily link to what connects and affects the most with you.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 05, 2010, 23:19:06 PM »
Not attached, no attraction.

But to give you an answer, I'm probably more inclined to look at B&W photography, unless I see some ridiculously vibrant color photo in that case I'll probably be staring at it only because of the color.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager