Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Seven Deadly Sins  (Read 6156 times)

Jared

Re: Seven Deadly Sins
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, December 07, 2010, 17:52:53 PM »
I'm with blue on this, the animation is great by the music is lacking when the animation hits its "o shit" moment.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, December 07, 2010, 18:07:47 PM »
My thoughts are the same as above however I'll add something:

The music definitely helps keep attention and help build to a climatic scene but then it starts getting somewhat disappointing as said above. I feel almost reverse of what I did with the preview.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dialects

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, December 08, 2010, 09:50:43 AM »
I knew the "world" would react that way to the audio. I did it with that knowledge in mind -- Music does not always have to be linear, in the sense that, it does not have to follow the animation/film/concepts/feelings brought thereby. A linear music/soundtrack helps the viewer acerte their feelings and understanding on a certain subject, which I believe, is simply undoable when it comes down to the understanding of a deadly sin, be it whichever it is.

There are minor changes to the music as the rough animation kicks in (8-bit echos, high pitch pianos, footsteps, etc) but the way I've done it makes it so subtle that you can hardly understand where they are coming from, and that they kick in time-synched along with the text and splatters. You need to clear your expectations and see one thing for what it is. Wrath is well known for being expectation-free. Whatever you feel is what you get. All pure raw hardcore feelings.

That's that. Feel free to suggest things as how to make the animation/audio better, though.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Jared

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, December 08, 2010, 11:28:13 AM »
I am sorry but I have to totally disagree with what you just said. I think your animation would completely benefit with a more intense sound track during the more intense parts of the film. It just doesnt quite feel right. It's your animation though so you should do what you think is right.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager