Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Hiroshima/America  (Read 5783 times)

Offline Ganja

Hiroshima/America
« on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 05:28:32 AM »
In case you have something to say about the 'night-shoutbox-discussion' I copied it here.

Threw a nuclear bomb in Hiroshima, thinks 9/11 was the worst disaster of the humanity.Possessed

Isn't that funny? What about Pearl Harbor?Spanky

Pearl Harbor, 2.403 deaths, 9/11 almost the same, Hiroshima around 300.000 and LOTs of Civilians :)Possessed

More people would have died, American and Japanese, if we were to do an invasion of Japan. The Atom bomb saved lives. It was war.KiLLaMaN

100.000* or 250.000 at all idk lol, still aren't even numbers.
"Napalm in the morning"Possessed

In the 9-month long civilian bombing campaign, over 580,000 Japanese civilians diedELiZ

More America's right? Recent documents even show that that was not the case. American War crimes seem to be easy justified. None of the major players in that world war has a clean continence.ELiZ

The only good dead are the virtual ones... so join a server and start killing.ELiZ

yeah I heard of it xD also I heard that Japan was about to surrender, still the effects of a nuclear strike are so strong...Possessed

I'm curious how you know the result of a theoretical situation that never happened.
No one is claiming the U.S. didn't kill civilians. It's just easy to assume more would have died if they had to fight in all of Japan.KiLLaMaN

Carpet bombing quote was from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpet_bombing ELiZ

Japan wasn't "about to surrender" before the atom bomb was dropped on Hiroshima. Hell, they didn't even surrender after the first bomb. It took 2.KiLLaMaN

lol yeah eLiZ :P.
lets talk about how america is and play their army Sim to kill ppl viatually :P, imo this is NOT hipocrisy, just sense of reallity :)Possessed

That's not what I was referring to. :) This would be a better forum topic rather than a shoutbox discussion.KiLLaMaN

My only point was; 9/11 will be just as forgotten as Pearl Harbor which really isn't even thought about these days except mentioned in passing by a news anchor on the anniversary. Spanky

True. Pearl Harbor was a much bigger deal though. It changed the course of history by dragging us into WW2.KiLLaMaN

I guess ppl don't want to forget 9/11. and those ppl won't realize that what happened one day "for them", happens every day for lots of ppl. :D
Possessed

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Hiroshima/America
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 06:29:54 AM »
More people would have died, American and Japanese, if we were to do an invasion of Japan. The Atom bomb saved lives. It was war.KiLLaMaN

The only good dead are the virtual ones... so join a server and start killing.ELiZ

War is awful so is the misuse of nuclear power, people died in many unbelievable ways for reasons related to use or possession of radioactive materials already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia_accident

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 12:32:49 PM »
War is awful so is the misuse of nuclear power, people died in many unbelievable ways for reasons related to use or possession of radioactive materials already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia_accident

Interesting, I'd never heard of that. I recently watched a bunch of documentaries on Chernoybl. There's one that's called A Natural History? and it's truly fascinating.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 12:43:11 PM »
thats why I said  the effects of a nuclear strike are so strong, theres 2 nuclear power plants in my city and another one is under construction, the only ones in Brazil :D
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 13:03:40 PM »
thats why I said  the effects of a nuclear strike are so strong, theres 2 nuclear power plants in my city and another one is under construction, the only ones in Brazil :D
Congratulations ... Already you're drinking poisoned by mercury water - now (in addition...) it will be radioactive.

As for the topic: personally, I think it was wrong ...
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 13:27:20 PM »
unless I'm drinking water from the Sea, otherwise the water I drink "shouldn't have any radioactive element on it"
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 13:29:24 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 13:56:13 PM »
unless I'm drinking water from the Sea, otherwise the water I drink "shouldn't have any radioactive element on it"
... and you think that radioactive water simply disappear?

Not to mention possibility of nuclear disaster.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 13:59:50 PM by NoBigDeal »
Would you?

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 14:07:34 PM »
... and you think that radioactive water simply disappear?

Not to mention possibility of nuclear disaster.
Yeah, there's a possibility of a nuclear disaster. Just like there is a possibility of getting shot in the face walking down the road on any given day. The only difference is that nuclear disasters are MUCH less common.

Nuclear energy is very safe when handled by the right people. Chernobyl was a flawed design being worked on by unqualified people. That's why it happened. The thing about nuclear energy is if the waste is disposed of properly, it's very clean and causes very little pollution for how much energy you can get out of it.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 14:14:37 PM »
Killa, I agree with you until the bit where you say "if the waste is disposed of properly". Has any nuclear waste been disposed of properly? That stuff has half-lives of thousands of years and we've only been doing nuclear stuff for what, 50-70 years? We can't "dispose" of it, we can only manage it and moderate it.

All energy sucks. Coal and gas cause air pollution, nuclear will kill us all from the inside out, solar is inefficient and made in foreign markets, wind kills bird habitats, dams require tons of maintenance. Geothermal's aright but it's crazy expensive.

We're all gonna die.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 14:15:59 PM »
The possibility of nuclear disaster, according to history isn't too high in my opinion.

How long has there been nuclear power plants? Well, almost 60 years

How many disasters have there been?

*now comparison with other disasters*

Sorry, wanted to continue, but KiLLaMaN got there before I could. My points were gonna be pretty much the same.

The only thing that isn't safe regarding a nuclear power plant is the waste.
The waste is pretty dangerous, but (for now) it can be handled pretty well to minimize the risk for ordinary people.

EDIT:
[/--/] solar is inefficient and made in foreign markets
[/--/]
Just wanted to say that in a global sense (which, energy wise, we should be talking about), this doesn't really matter.

And furthermore, I agree about the nuclear waste, it can't actually be handled "properly" (unless you fly it into space, which would make it "none of our concern"), but for now it's been handled well enough (to  my knowledge) not to hurt ordinary people.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 14:19:35 PM by teddy_grizzly_bear »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alex

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 14:19:04 PM »
Killa, I agree with you until the bit where you say "if the waste is disposed of properly". Has any nuclear waste been disposed of properly? That stuff has half-lives of thousands of years and we've only been doing nuclear stuff for what, 50-70 years? We can't "dispose" of it, we can only manage it and moderate it.

All energy sucks. Coal and gas cause air pollution, nuclear will kill us all from the inside out, solar is inefficient and made in foreign markets, wind kills bird habitats, dams require tons of maintenance. Geothermal's aright but it's crazy expensive.

We're all gonna die.
That's why I said "if." There has been many cases where it isn't disposed of properly. By dispose I i'm not talking about getting rid of it completely, but properly containing it to where it cannot harm anyone.

But yeah, it's sad how almost every way to create energy harms something.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 14:54:39 PM »
I've found a text of wha twe do with the "nuclear waste", but it is in portuguese :D
http://mundoestranho.abril.com.br/materia/onde-e-guardado-o-lixo-nuclear-das-usinas-brasileiras
I've visited the nuclear complex with school when I was a kid :D

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 15:09:54 PM »
Yeah, there's a possibility of a nuclear disaster. Just like there is a possibility of getting shot in the face walking down the road on any given day. The only difference is that nuclear disasters are MUCH less common.
... on american street? ... very high ...

Nuclear energy is very safe when handled by the right people. Chernobyl was a flawed design being worked on by unqualified people. That's why it happened. The thing about nuclear energy is if the waste is disposed of properly, it's very clean and causes very little pollution for how much energy you can get out of it.
The Japanese were of the same opinion and look what happened - Nature is a factor that cannot be predicted.
Nowadays lifespan of a nuclear reactor is 40-80 (third generation to 120) years old, you know what's become of him then? The concrete sarcophagus plus five kilometers of radioactive zone for a very, very, very long time. Which must be constantly maintained and that costs a lot of money - not to mention radioactive waste, storage and radioactive pollution.
In the end, nuclear energy is not that safe, clean and cheap as you think ...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 15:31:33 PM by NoBigDeal »
Would you?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 15:16:49 PM »
still fucking rocks! Nuclear Winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :P

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 16:41:00 PM »
In the end, nuclear power ain't that great, but what is better? producing ind turbines might even take more energy than they put out. In the end we'll probably realize the most efficient way is to harvest crops and live off of that just because that's the most energy efficient.
But if we were to think that way we would not get any further in our development.

PS.
I'm pretty darn drunk so I had t read what I wrote 3 times and I'm still not sure what I wrote exactly. So beware, I might have written some extremely BS stuff about things I really know nothing about!

Merry.... holidays! (Häid pühi! in Estonian!)

* teddy_grizzly_bear out
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager