Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 3D Bedroom  (Read 7496 times)

-Delta-

Re: 3D Bedroom
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 18:05:16 PM »
Oh yeah, a 16 core server with 32 GB of memory would be real nice, running Linux of course.  :P

Just ruined it.

How did I ruin it?

Anyway, the lighting still looks weird/wrong since you wouldn't have lights turned on in a room that lit by outside light.

Right, but I can't get enough light in through the window to light the scene. The spot light outside, that is acting like the sun, is already several times brighter than what you'd normally need. So I added lights around the window to kinda make it look like light is bouncing in around the shades. I don't know, maybe I can make the surfaces bounce light better, worth a look I guess.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 18:42:52 PM »
I know UnrealEd is far far different than Blender but isn't there some Ambient Light setting? In UnrealEd, you don't need light sources to light a room, you can use Ambient Light. Just a thought.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

-Delta-

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 18:57:33 PM »
There is an option to make a surface actually emit light. Which might actually help, I'm trying it out now; I'll post back when I have a render.  :)

EDIT:

Alright, the only light lighting this scene is the spotlight outside. I kinda think it looks washed out, but it will probably improve with textures on everything.

« Last Edit: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 19:10:36 PM by -Delta- »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 19:23:28 PM »
Its trying to be realistic by washing out the light in the window since IRL in a dark room you cant see thru a light source that bright.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 00:24:57 AM »
How is this going along?

-Delta-

« Reply #35 on: Monday, February 01, 2010, 18:11:02 PM »
I'm still working on it. I just haven't had as much free time lately.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #36 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 09:20:21 AM »
Did you let this die off?
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

-Delta-

« Reply #37 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 12:46:28 PM »
I haven't worked on it in a while, mainly because I have to texture everything and I hate doing that. But the last thing I did do was texture the dresser, which I think turned out alright. :)

Crunk

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, March 03, 2010, 22:22:57 PM »
I'm really loving the lighting.

Needs easy recognizable poster on a wall somewhere... requires minimal effort (just a plane or thin rectangle?) but could add alot visually.

I was thinking one of those over-used really common dorm posters would be funniest... http://www.collegehappenings.com/college/28-most-cliche-dorm-room-posters/
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 03, 2010, 22:27:12 PM by Crunk »

-Delta-

« Reply #39 on: Friday, March 05, 2010, 19:45:30 PM »
I'll be sure to do that next time I work on it, guys. I'm working on another project right now and really don't have time for this one.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager