Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 3D Bedroom  (Read 7393 times)

-Delta-

Re: 3D Bedroom
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 21:01:15 PM »
lol my suggestion: picture frame above the bed. either abstract art or a landscape painting.

I'll do something like that when I take the time to texture the scene.

Or the god of your choice looking down in a disappointing manner :)

That might actually be funny, but I'll just let you photoshop that in.  ;)

woo all of this are crazy :P Nice nice!

Thanks!

Alright, I haven't had a lot of free time the last few days, but today I managed to get a little work done. Basically I just added a modern-looking shelve above the bed, with a few books and a picture frame. And I spent, probably, 20 minutes detailing the mini blinds, which you probably can't even see. I also added a window, which is kinda causing some shading problems.

Render time: 15 minutes 50 seconds.

-Delta-

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 00:36:20 AM »
Small update, I tried fixing the shading problem with the window, I think, it's a little better. And I added a pillow, it's a little weird still.

Render time: 19 minutes 41 seconds.

-Delta-

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 20:20:25 PM »
Alright, I'm trying out a new render engine called Yafaray. Yafaray has photon map based rendering, which simulates lighting much better than the method Blender was using. After playing with it all day, I think, I kinda got a result that looks alright. It still has a few problems, but I think I like it better than the Blender renders.

Render time: 25 minutes 32 seconds. Rendered using 2,500,000 photons, with 128 FG samples.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 20:32:29 PM »
By the looks of that image, you have a light source on the ceiling?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

-Delta-

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 20:46:13 PM »
By the looks of that image, you have a light source on the ceiling?

Yeah, I couldn't get enough light in through the window to light the scene well. I guess because of the way the rendering works, not enough of the photons make it through the shades to light the room. The result kinda looked like when you take a picture without enough light, and there's a lot of noise on the image. So to make things look a little nicer I added an area light in the middle of the room, which kinda shows on the floor more than I wanted. I probably should position it more over towards the window or something.

Overall I still like the result better, and I think if I can get it right, it'll look pretty nice.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 23:18:24 PM »
Yafray does physically correct lighting calculations on all surfaces from shadowing to light diffusion and diffraction (both seen on the wall where the bookcase is located). Nice pillow.

-Delta-

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 23:37:29 PM »
Yafray does physically correct lighting calculations on all surfaces from shadowing to light diffusion and diffraction (both seen on the wall where the bookcase is located).

Yeah, like if I slap a green cube in the scene for no reason, I'll get a result kinda like this:

Nice pillow.

Thanks.  :)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 23:40:51 PM »
The noise is ... =\ not something you'd think about seeing. Im sure theres an option in there for photofiltering or something that adds noise at low light. Meh, Google.

Nice cube, looks edible.

-Delta-

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 23:50:25 PM »
The noise is ... =\ not something you'd think about seeing. Im sure theres an option in there for photofiltering or something that adds noise at low light. Meh, Google.

I rendered that at lower quality so it wouldn't take as long. There's an option that will smooth the noise out, called "final gather". Basically you should use as many final gather samples as possible, which is like 4096, but I only used 32. in the image before the last I used 128. So you can see why it has more noise. Also you should use as many photons as possible, but I run out of memory anywhere above 5 million.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 01:48:18 AM »
Cool cool. We should be sponsored for this stuff honestly. Theres no reason someone shouldnt give us kickass computers to work with :P

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 01:50:56 AM »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 02:04:49 AM »
Everyone call 1-800-283-2210 and tell Dell that mAAp Pack is requesting sponsorship to improve and refine the research and development of technological video interactive entertainment for use with multi-dimensional modeling/scaling, aural synthesis, virtual construction, and dimensional collision detection.

P.S send cookies along with the computers.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 02:09:51 AM »
Everyone call 1-800-283-2210 and tell Dell that mAAp Pack is requesting sponsorship to improve and refine the research and development of technological video interactive entertainment for use with multi-dimensional modeling/scaling, aural synthesis, virtual construction, and dimensional collision detection.

Not to mention for fun too :)

-Delta-

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 17:20:50 PM »
Alright, I haven't done anything with the room today. But yesterday I moved the lights over by the window to make it look more like the window was the light source in the room. Hopefully that worked. I left it rendering when I went to bed, which didn't take as long as I thought.

Render time: 39 minutes 43 seconds. Rendered using 2,000,000 photons, with 256 FG samples.

Cool cool. We should be sponsored for this stuff honestly. Theres no reason someone shouldnt give us kickass computers to work with :P

Oh yeah, a 16 core server with 32 GB of memory would be real nice, running Linux of course.  :P

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 17:42:18 PM »
Oh yeah, a 16 core server with 32 GB of memory would be real nice, running Linux of course.  :P

Just ruined it.

Anyway, the lighting still looks weird/wrong since you wouldn't have lights turned on in a room that lit by outside light.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager