Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 3D: .50 Cal Bullet  (Read 5284 times)

Crunk

3D: .50 Cal Bullet
« on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 17:06:53 PM »
Thanks for the invite, guise 8)

Here's a lil summin ive been working on, completely redid it last night (so its far higher poly than what ive shown some of u on AIM/MSN), and is just summin I'm playing with so I get moar familiar with the tools before I start a big project.

I'm only paying attention to the model, not the texture, so that's that.

Here's the final render:

I can't really show it zoomed out that far in wireframe cuz its just a blur of lines and shit.  But I can zoom in on some areas...

For anyone who has 3dsmax who wants to take a look, the file is here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26096/newbullet.max

The one I shown some of u on AIM was 5k poly's, this one is 20k  :D

-Delta-

Re: 3D: .50 Cal Bullet
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 17:11:19 PM »
When you render it, you should make the material more reflective and shinny. Not that you need to, but I think it would make the render look better.  :)

Crunk

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 17:42:18 PM »
You're right... I spent all the time mucking around with vertices that I shoulda took the 2-3 min to setup the materials to make the render look better.

Here's a better render of the same model:
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 19:41:57 PM by Crunk »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 18:52:23 PM »
Looks cool. Thats a lot of polys, but all good models have high polys. If your looking to import that into a game, don't forget to make the normal maps so you can use a low poly model to boost fps ;) but you know that :P

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager