Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: The new mAAp Pipeline  (Read 19298 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
The new mAAp Pipeline
« on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 20:54:39 PM »
First off, please don't spam this thread with "Spanky's Back!" nonsense. As said many times in several threads, I want to see the pending map updates released. There's a lot of work that the public hasn't seen yet that has been waiting roughly since February 2012.

Not long ago, I looked up the maps in the pending folder and decided to take a peek at my Pipeline. For some reason the editor crashed way too often to be able to do anything, even move an object around. It was something terrain-related. Even after removing things and rebuilding the map, it was still there. Unfortunately, I couldn't use this and it would have most likely caused issues with gameplay. I had to redo the changes I had made. That's what this thread is about.

I've had a lot of ideas for Pipeline and I'm hoping to integrate them. Maps in older games are so dead, there's no life in them. You don't believe you're actually there. It's not about looking realistic, it's about looking alive. The sounds and fluid objects like haze, dust, wind, smoke, steam, and how those interact the other objects in the map.

For now, I'm not keeping a changelog. There's tons of things added/changed and I'll just let people notice them as they play the map. There's plenty of surprises laid out through the map so explore around and post your favorite things as well as the things you don't like!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFFsi_jJLJ4&hd=1[/youtube]

Download:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/464376/aac_maap/mAAp_Pipeline_20121219.7z

Testing this map online is at your own risk. Your computer won't blow up but you add these files to your AA installation and then join an online server, you'll probably get kicked and you'll probably freak out and think someone caught your 1337 hax. They didn't. You're just not supposed to have these files. Play it safe: backup your current files, pop these new ones in your AA folder, test the map offline and then restore the old files to play online normally.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 17:53:23 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

Re: The new mAAp Pipeline
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 21:16:34 PM »
I see you took out the deadly ceiling fan. Also, there is a trigger by the broken water pipe and I have no idea what it's for.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 21:22:26 PM »
I don't think I did anything with the fan. Why not walk into the trigger & see what happens ;) Plenty of those bad boys around the map.

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 21:42:23 PM »
I don't think I did anything with the fan. Why not walk into the trigger & see what happens ;) Plenty of those bad boys around the map.
I did and nothing happened... Then again, I was using the editor version of AA.

It won't work in my 2.5 install because there is no spanky's camera texture or something like that.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 22:09:42 PM »
I did and nothing happened... Then again, I was using the editor version of AA.
Turn your sound up :)

It won't work in my 2.5 install because there is no spanky's camera texture or something like that.
I knew there was something missing. I've added it to the download link above. Play it in AA, it's better.

Offline @xe

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 03:10:06 AM »
82nd would be interested in testing out any pipeline versions you come up with, this would be our main map and one of the most popular in AA.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 03:12:56 AM »
It would be great to have some real multiplayer feedback but until the Assist update happens, that's not really easy. I'll try to package up newer builds for you guys to test. Feel free to grab the download in the first post and let me know what you think.

Offline @xe

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 03:27:28 AM »
Can i just stick that map in the Map folder and load it up through AA to test it?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 03:28:32 AM »
Yea but you also have to stick the other files in there as well and then make sure to remove them before playing online. I'll put that in the main post.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 03:37:17 AM »
Hmm, I'm just wondering whether replacing the old files(triggerlighreset.u, S-mAAP_Pack_6.uax, M-mAAP_Pack_6.usx, T-mAAP_Pack_6.utx, SpankyCameraTextureClient.u) with the same names is going to do something bad or not...

EDIT:
I guess spanky anwered this question already.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 03:40:00 AM by teddy_grizzly_bear »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline @xe

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 03:41:14 AM »
Ok np

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 03:55:27 AM »
Hmm, I'm just wondering whether replacing the old files(triggerlighreset.u, S-mAAP_Pack_6.uax, M-mAAP_Pack_6.usx, T-mAAP_Pack_6.utx, SpankyCameraTextureClient.u) with the same names is going to do something bad or not...

EDIT:
I guess spanky anwered this question already.

Yea, you'll have to make a backup. I don't think SpankyCameraTextureClient.u changed but all the others did.

Offline @xe

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 04:07:53 AM »
I copied the whole Assist folder to a different drive, then added the extra files and went to AA and ran it from there i went open MP_Pipeline but i don't see difference from what i have, can you explain a couple so i can check please.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 04:18:35 AM »
Performance should be noticeably better on the new one. An easily noticeable difference will be the water leak at the far north end of the map.

Offline @xe

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 04:23:27 AM »
Ok found the water leak, was not sure i loaded up the right map, no worries thanks.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager