Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: mAAp Pipeline - What to fix?  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
mAAp Pipeline - What to fix?
« on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:28:11 PM »
Hell, mAAp pipeline is just a remake of pipeline, how can it be less realistic?

Must be the BF3 lens dust/flare...
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

JonnyM

Re: mAAp Pipeline - What to fix?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:29:45 PM »
I'm a big fan of maap pipeline and don't understand why its not played?

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:33:13 PM »
There isn't much but if my opinion is worth anything I would say to take out the door to main pump room from outside. Defense has to camp spawn because it's so easy for Assault to get inside.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:36:29 PM »
I've played a few rounds and it seems like Assault & Def always rush main. There's gotta be more balance. I've NEVER seen anyone use the extra tunnels...

There was a version of Pipe I had made with the truck closer and defense spread out throughout the building to make it realistic like they were guarding it. I'll do that again.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 13:17:00 PM »
I've played a few rounds and it seems like Assault & Def always rush main. There's gotta be more balance. I've NEVER seen anyone use the extra tunnels...

There was a version of Pipe I had made with the truck closer and defense spread out throughout the building to make it realistic like they were guarding it. I'll do that again.

It always seemed to me that Pipeline is easier to rush than to slowly assault through the tunnels. Perhaps, if tunnels were to lead closer to the spawn point, more players might be willing to invade the facility through them.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 14:08:45 PM »
in my experience from playing it on our server. people complain the tunnels are just too big. more space to catch the LordKamptars (if u can even find them). most people don't wanna have to hunt the enemy that's camping in the huge tunnels. also a few people say that there's just so much gfx that it causes their CPU to lag. I'm unsure about that. this weekend I will try it out again on the server for fight nights but 2 weeks ago when we tried we went from about 22 players down to like 4-5 in a matter of mins.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 14:12:50 PM »
Seems like most people tards play on low graphics anyways... Can't see how that'd be an issue.

Maybe an issue is that you can get anywhere on the map in a very short amount of time. Maybe some of the tunnels do need to be removed along with a few other things. It's too large/complicated for a low number of players.

Do try the map again, get some good feedback and I'll work on some changes when I get some time.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager