Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Simple Questions in the Editor  (Read 33243 times)

Offline Maxbulldog_53

Re: Simple Questions in the Editor
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, June 02, 2012, 22:29:08 PM »
so i put 4 security cameras in my map and they all work fine and everything in the 2.4.1 when i test the map. But now all of a sudden i can no longer open the map in 2.5? When i type "open office" nothing shows up at all and it wont let me run a lan server on the map anymore either. The map is in my 2.5 maps folder. I have no idea what couldve caused this.
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, June 02, 2012, 23:36:13 PM »
I solved this via PM.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 00:18:23 AM »
Hey max, just a heads up, but you don't have to add commvolumes to zoned off rooms. There is a comm location option in the zone info. This way you don't have to mess with commvolums for indoor areas.

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #63 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 09:14:19 AM »
Trigger Events?

I have been working alot with movers and i have experimented with the multiple ways of controlling them. However i am having trouble finding a way to make it so that an useControl keypad in separate room opens a door.

In my map i want to have it so when you capture 1 of the objectives this door opens permanently for the remainder of the mission.
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 09:30:45 AM »
Trigger Events?

I have been working alot with movers and i have experimented with the multiple ways of controlling them. However i am having trouble finding a way to make it so that an useControl keypad in separate room opens a door.

In my map i want to have it so when you capture 1 of the objectives this door opens permanently for the remainder of the mission.

I happened to set up a few doors in Interdiction in the same exact way. Basically it is an objective that once completed triggers a door open. You can choose the amount of time needed to complete the triggering, the sound being executed on and right after the triggering. There are 2 types of it in Interdiction, look at the 2nd floor doors, where there's the objective icon (i don't remember if you have the 2.5 editor or not, but you can still look at playing the mission).
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 10:05:30 AM by Koden »

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #65 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »
Well maybe soon ill actually be able to look at your map in the editor to see how its done.

Another thing i don't get is why some sides of my bsp have these double lines while others do not. These are incredibly obnoxious, and they make it difficult to line everything up. At the same time i cant find them in any of the official maps.

Why do i have these double-lines?

eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 12:18:42 PM »
Eckom, it means you accidentally partially rotated your bsp on one axis. You can accidentally rotate bsp with the right mouse button in normal selection mode.

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #67 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 13:05:26 PM »
ahh all my quick clicking coming back to bite me. I'll have to be more careful moving and resizing my brushes.

TY blue
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 14:51:07 PM »
ekcomm, it would be advisable to redo that brush. It looks to me like you vertex edited it and snap to grid wasn't enabled. I just want to take this opportunity to say that the whole BSP alignment thing isn't about aligning to the larger bold line on the grid, it's about aligning BSP to each other and making sure everything is squared up. It doesn't matter what grid line you align to, it just matters that all the BSP in the editor is at right angles and flush with other BSP. Obviously cylinders break this rule but they too can cause issues.

Anyway, if you want a super simple keypad controlled mover, take a look at the garage door on Pipeline. I believe it has something to do with the Object property on the Mover, something about bInitialState.

Offline Alex

« Reply #69 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 15:03:26 PM »
Anyway, if you want a super simple keypad controlled mover, take a look at the garage door on Pipeline. I believe it has something to do with the Object property on the Mover, something about bInitialState.
Dockside also has 2 garage doors open by pressing a button. You need a trigger and then link the trigger to the mover (I believe you do this by naming them the same thing under event) I could be wrong. Then change the initiate state in the mover settings to triggerControl, UseTrigger, or something like that. Too lazy to open the editor and look.

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #70 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 16:21:57 PM »
I just want to take this opportunity to say that the whole BSP alignment thing isn't about aligning to the larger bold line on the grid, it's about aligning BSP to each other and making sure everything is squared up.

Yeah, i know that. The strange thing is this happened in places that i absolutely didn't do any vertex editing. ALSO i haven't once turned off the grid. Strange, i know. But i am fixing the few places where this happened.

And thank Killa i was trying so hard to find a map with a control like that.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 16:24:00 PM by eKC0mm »
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 16:22:52 PM »
The important thing is that you're spotting it and you know what to look out for. Also that you're fixing it :)

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #72 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 01:01:31 AM »
So, I think I helped FPS on both mAAp Pipeline and my Forest map. After trying to debug the FPS issue on the almost empty Forest map, I have to conclude that it's the high-poly terrain that's causing FPS issues. So I searched the web and came across a variable in the TerrainInfo actor; TerrainSectorSize. I played with this variable and it seems changing it from the default 16 to 24 seems to give a few more FPS and stabilize certain areas. Am I delusional? Someone else should try this. I mean, if I can see a few FPS increase on this 256MB old video card... I wonder what it will do for better GPUs...

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 17:48:12 PM »
I think the terrain "resolution" makes a difference too. Forest terrain texture is 256x256. I wonder how it'd look if you stretched a 128x128 terrain to the size the 256x256 occupies. Its basically a poly count difference.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 18:02:59 PM »
I think the terrain "resolution" makes a difference too. Forest terrain texture is 256x256. I wonder how it'd look if you stretched a 128x128 terrain to the size the 256x256 occupies. Its basically a poly count difference.

Shouldn't that look simply half the res? 128x128 is quite small. Btw, how does the engine works with texture memory usage? Does the amount of copies of a single texture matter in any way?
'

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager