Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Change SF Extraction's random spawns to more fair permanent spawns?

Yes
1624 (83.3%)
No
325 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: SF Extraction Fix  (Read 10947 times)

Offline Alex

SF Extraction Fix
« on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 15:22:30 PM »
So, as most of you that have played SF Extraction know, the random spawns are less than ideal. Half the time one team can't even get out of their spawn the other team spawns so close and spams.

So my question is this, would you guys be in favor of 2 permanent spawns in SF Extraction to make it a fairer map? I know the community is usually resistant on changing  official maps but I believe that this change would definitely be for the better.

Offline Mike Mentzer

• don't change old maps!! Give noobs not a chance!!!
    • View Profile
Re: SF Extraction Fix
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 15:43:00 PM »
Yes, make it even that both teams can spamm each others the shit out the Game @ Same time.

If we fix this Map, we could get 1 more bedworthy Map for scrimms/wars too.

Only my 2 cents and i votet for yes! ;)
« Last Edit: Monday, August 12, 2013, 15:57:01 PM by Mike Mentzer »
Nice some Ass licking around   ((_) :censored: D :P (_o_) :P

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 15:45:42 PM »
I'd really appreciate it if the people that vote post and say why they voted what they did.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 16:04:14 PM »
Every time someone talks about "making maps more even" i think of that in a competitive way, Extraction is a great pub map, since the competition is none nowadays, in my humble opinion, we shouln't have that kind of change, take the Radio Tower example, it's (could be) probably the most defensive sided map AA has, although pubbing there is awsome. Most of the players like quick rounds and close quarter combat, and somehow Extraction can give you that...

Btw i voted no.

Offline Alex

« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 16:06:24 PM »
Every time someone talks about "making maps more even" i think of that in a competitive way, Extraction is a great pub map, since the competition is none nowadays, in my humble opinion, we shouln't have that kind of change, take the Radio Tower example, it's (could be) probably the most defensive sided map AA has, although pubbing there is awsome. Most of the players like quick rounds and close quarter combat, and somehow Extraction can give you that...

Btw i voted no.
My point of view is that nobody likes being spawn raped. Even in a pub, there is nothing more frustrating than not being able to leave spawn without dying. The only people that find that scenario fun is the team that gets the huge unfair advantage.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 16:22:07 PM »
Your team could get raped in the first 30 seconds, but it does not take long to you play again, bad it's when you get killed by a drop shot in Bridge and have to wait 6 minutes till the round end. Sometimes you get a bad spawn and sometimes you get a good one, that's the Extraction/PCR mystic...

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 16:29:11 PM »
So you wanna delete all the unfair things in AA? Well start off with Farm raid by adding nightvision for defence ;)
I voted no btw.

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 16:45:20 PM »
do it, and ppl will KILL you.

yahoo, a extraction match can be longer than a bridge match :P
« Last Edit: Monday, August 12, 2013, 16:51:41 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 16:56:19 PM »
I remember being in a 5v5 match in SF Recon and my team got killed in the first minute, that was one of the most shameful moments in my AA life  :D

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 17:01:19 PM »
I like spawns being random on Extraction, the issues is about having spawns so close that one of the teams has only one way to move from the spawn (getting killed while trying), and if i recall correctly that happens only on one case, that's why i voted no.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 17:02:06 PM »
Never played it but I can help in the editor.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 17:23:51 PM »
Randoms spawns are ok, but maybe delete that on in the corner (don't remember the name) where yu get spammed by people at truck ... Didn't vote

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 17:27:55 PM »
Randoms spawns are ok, but maybe delete that on in the corner (don't remember the name) where yu get spammed by people at truck ... Didn't vote

Both sides can get spammed easy and you can camp in the corner so I don't see any disadvantage

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline zoxee

« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 17:42:19 PM »
Good idea regarding the dying at spawn issue, i voted yes.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 17:44:36 PM »
OMG I can't mark this thread as read!
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager