Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Change SF Extraction's random spawns to more fair permanent spawns?

Yes
1624 (83.3%)
No
325 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: SF Extraction Fix  (Read 10950 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: SF Extraction Fix
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 19:18:25 PM »
that would be great !!
thanks KiLLaMaN

Offline .mo!otow^

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 20:12:31 PM »
No. SF Extraction don´t need any "fix"!

:down:

Offline zoxee

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 20:25:41 PM »
I'll take a look at the spawns and see if I can get them to change every round. UnrealED doesn't like to do things that should be simple though.

:up:
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Alex

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 03:42:18 AM »
OK, so it is impossible to change the spawns from random to a cycle, but I have found a better solution!

I can change the spawns to limit the spawn options of the other team where there would be a spawn rape scenario.

In other words, if a team spawns at Assault/Defense North (the raped spawn) the other team would NOT be allow to spawn at Assault/Defense South (the cheap spawn that does the raping) and would instead spawn at another location. Would this be desirable to everyone? This would keep the random spawns but get rid of the stupid spawn raping scenario that occurs.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 03:50:20 AM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 04:20:41 AM »
OK, so it is impossible to change the spawns from random to a cycle, but I have found a better solution!

I can change the spawns to limit the spawn options of the other team where there would be a spawn rape scenario.

In other words, if a team spawns at Assault/Defense North (the raped spawn) the other team would NOT be allow to spawn at Assault/Defense South (the cheap spawn that does the raping) and would instead spawn at another location. Would this be desirable to everyone? This would keep the random spawns but get rid of the stupid spawn raping scenario that occurs.

Like!  :up:

Offline Ganja

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 04:33:00 AM »

Sounds nice, BUT. You do realize that this gives an advantage to the teams spawning into one of those  spawn we're talking about. If you spawn in corner you know that the enemy won't be at your left. But if you spawn somewhere else, you have no clue where the enemy is. Not sur if this is a big matter, was just making people notice

JonnyM

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 04:38:40 AM »
I don't think this is worth spending too much time on. there is not really a strong demand for it.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 05:06:53 AM »
just build a new map with random spawns ;P
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Mike Mentzer

• don't change old maps!! Give noobs not a chance!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 05:16:52 AM »
Nice some Ass licking around   ((_) :censored: D :P (_o_) :P

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 05:25:22 AM »

It's worth checking if there won't be a scenario where the teams are far away and one of em is close to both the objective (at the bus) and the extraction point, cause that would make for an almost instant win of course. I don't think it might happen, but i'm not sure about it.

Offline .mo!otow^

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 06:43:02 AM »

You can spam also from the North spawn to the South/West spawn to rape the other Team. Sure, the North spawn is the worst of all, but not impossible when you push a little bit. Furthermore, when you start East spawn you are also very fast at the Deli corner to spam to the North spawn. It would be only "fair", when Team A starting North and Team B starting the at warehouse. But than you lost the random spawns. In my eyes it makes no sense to fix the spawns.

All good Extraction players knows how to handle every spawn.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 06:58:42 AM »
I did think about all that and I am sure for now that you should not change anything on this map. like others already did say, then it could be an advantage to the other team because you can imagine where the enemy do spawn when it is not that random like it is now.
so from my side it would be great to leave this map like it is now. sorry for any work about if so already done. thank you !

Offline [SWISS]Angel

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 13:18:06 PM »
Permanent is not "more fair". Right now, you never know where the enemy will spawn. Maybe they will spawn 6 times in a row in south, and you spawn west 6 times in a row. That's coincidence and it's fair. And to be honest: A decent team can still win in a south vs. west constellation. The map itself is perfectly fair. And with time you'll also know the "bug"-spots on the map, some players are always there, but hey, thats good as you can find them easier. :)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 13:21:24 PM »
And with time you'll also know the "bug"-spots on the map, some players are always there, but hey, thats good as you can find them easier. :)

What about reporting them so someone could try to fix them? :) Instead of exploiting them

Offline Alex

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 13:38:04 PM »
I don't think this is worth spending too much time on. there is not really a strong demand for it.
yeah I guess not. It would only take typing in a few works to fix it though.

A new map with random spawns is out of the question. I don't have time for that and nobody gives a shit about new maps. :P

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager