Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Change SF Extraction's random spawns to more fair permanent spawns?

Yes
1624 (83.3%)
No
325 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: SF Extraction Fix  (Read 10949 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: SF Extraction Fix
« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 17:45:48 PM »
Both sides can get spammed easy and you can camp in the corner so I don't see any disadvantage

The thing is: one of the 2 spawn we're talking about have 2 choices. the other one has no choice. camp spawn and wait for enemy to rush or die spammed

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 17:48:12 PM »
The thing is: one of the 2 spawn we're talking about have 2 choices. the other one has no choice. camp spawn and wait for enemy to rush or die spammed

Yes, but both teams can get that corner spawn.

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Ganja

« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 17:50:11 PM »
Yes, but both teams can get that corner spawn.

True, but I don't think this game should be based on luck  :rtfm:

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 17:55:36 PM »
I think Merlin should also post his opinion. But then again, more and more and more changes.

Offline Alex

« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 21:21:14 PM »
This is a lot closer than I thought it would be. Hopefully we can get more people to vote. 15 votes is not enough.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 03:25:07 AM »
This is a lot closer than I thought it would be. Hopefully we can get more people to vote. 15 votes is not enough.

i am not going to vote , as i play this map like one hour a year so i'm not the one who's gonna give my opinion on iit. Let the people that really play it make the difference ;)

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 03:43:06 AM »
Remember, democraion is the worst shit. Just ask experienced players like me, since 2004.

Set the two rigid spawns on that map. Thanks.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 05:31:58 AM »
If you're gonna fix SF extraction, you might aswell do Dockside, PCR and Courtyard

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 05:52:59 AM »
The idea behind random spawns is that you dont know where the enemy starts exactly, so every round is not the same over and over again. At least there is a little bit of variation, even when one spawn is harder to play and another easier. Why would you want to change the unawarness where the enemy could be.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 08:00:04 AM »
as the most of you knows, I played this map about 1200 hours - and I guess I know it a bit.

1. please do not modify this map with fix spawns, because everyone has the same changing spawns when playing
2. if you would like to changes something there, please DO modify the changing spawns in a way that it really changes to a new spawn every new round. now it is often that you start 5-6 times at the same spawn. and this is a kind of unfair
3. if you can do this, this map could be also a good match map then (same for all teams - changing spawns)
4. again thanks a lot for all the good changes in aa2, but maybe now we should step back a moment for relax and play

Offline zoxee

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 08:12:29 AM »
Very good points Merlin, i never really did focus enough to realize that the random spawn system
on that map was already not working properly. Maybe leaving randomness would be better after all,
but re-arranging spawns (location, frequency) so they become more fair and not 30-secs Graveyards,
as some say.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 08:16:00 AM by zoxee »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 08:17:46 AM »
its Random, but thats the US Army Random way, think about.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 08:27:05 AM »
random spawns are really very very good. no one knows, where the enemy has been started. and this is a challenge for me and should not be changed at all. I can even stay with that US Army Random way, no problem at all.
but if you wish to push this map (and this would be good) for a match, then it really can be bad for one team. I played this one at german's e-league again HT - and if one team starts at east more then 4 times from 12 rounds, then it will win the match, because you can take the objective really easily. so maybe change the US Army Random way to a aa2 random way - every round a new spawn for both teams. that would be really great.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 12:50:14 PM »
Too many people suggesting bad changes to this game.
make the madness stop.

That map is good the way it is.

Offline Alex

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 14:27:34 PM »
as the most of you knows, I played this map about 1200 hours - and I guess I know it a bit.

1. please do not modify this map with fix spawns, because everyone has the same changing spawns when playing
2. if you would like to changes something there, please DO modify the changing spawns in a way that it really changes to a new spawn every new round. now it is often that you start 5-6 times at the same spawn. and this is a kind of unfair
3. if you can do this, this map could be also a good match map then (same for all teams - changing spawns)
4. again thanks a lot for all the good changes in aa2, but maybe now we should step back a moment for relax and play
I'll take a look at the spawns and see if I can get them to change every round. UnrealED doesn't like to do things that should be simple though.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager