Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: SAI Map images  (Read 9256 times)

Offline ELiZ

SAI Map images
« on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 22:00:35 PM »
To create a SAI Image to a new map(or one of the old that don't have any yet) you have to create an image that you know the x and y offset from Origo(0,0), you also need to know what Scale(from what height the Image Was taken)

I have used that SAI information from the 2.8.5 as much as possible.
For the few [mAAp]'s  I've created SAI information for, I converted the map to AA285 and created the SAI Image with the built in tools in then AAMission Editor. But even them are in most cases off in scale, and have to corrected afterwards.
The Image must be added into the T-SAI.utx package, into the Group call SAI, and the name should be same as the file on disk(without .aao), with the text t_maps_sai_ added before it

like this

T-SAI.SAI.t_maps_sai_mp_sf_oldtown

This is the information needed to be added for each map in Antipoke.ini:

SAI_MapName=MP_SF_OldTown
SAI_MapOffset=(X=-80.000000,Y=1200.000000,Z=0.000000)
SAI_MapSize=4890.000000
;RadarZoomLevels=(X=60,Y=30,Z=15)

Last row is information  that I haven't started using yet, but intend to Activate in a later version

The problem I have is I have no foolproof way of taking SAI images in 2.4.1.
Even when I get a picture taken on a scale I know, the image itself is crap.. zoneinfo's making stuff disappear, So I need a unrealED Master to help out and see if we can get images to the missing maps
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 22:14:32 PM by ELiZ »

Offline ELiZ

Re: SAI Map images
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 22:07:08 PM »
In the SAI code, Offset and MapSize is used in functions like this:

Code: [Select]
Function vector WorldToMapCoords (Vector VectorInWorldCoords)
{
local Vector Result;
Result.X=(VectorInWorldCoords.X - MapOffset.X) / MapSize;
Result.Y=(VectorInWorldCoords.Y - MapOffset.Y) / MapSize;
Result.Z=VectorInWorldCoords.Z;
Return Result;
}

Function RadarSetZoom (float Meters)
{
if (Meters >= 1)
{
RadarZoom=FClamp(MapSize / (Meters * 52.200001),1,1000);
}
}

RadarSetZoom is set by the RadarZoomLevels

RadarSetZoom(RadarZoomLevels)

With then RadarZoomLevels array hardcoded with these values
RadarZoomLevels[0]=60;
RadarZoomLevels[1]=30;
RadarZoomLevels[2]=15;

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 11:46:47 AM »
I've tried this to get the Viewport in UnrealEd to "be" in a specific location when I take the ScreenShot:

I've tried to force the viewport to be in a specific location, by issuing this command in the Log window
jumpto 0 0 14000The above command, does work, but it will only set x and y, z is unaffected.

Then I tried to add a temporary Actor to the map that I could Align Viewport To this Actor

Begin Map
Begin Actor Class=AGP_Viewpoint Name=AGP_Viewpoint1000
    Location=(X=-32,Y=-32,Z=3968)
    Rotation=(Pitch=-16384,Yaw=0,Roll=0)
    bSelected=True
End Actor
Begin Surface
End Surface
End Map
Basically the same happened as when I used jumpto, x and y worked but not Z.

« Last Edit: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 11:50:03 AM by ELiZ »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 12:26:03 PM »
I know in the editor, the map has your last viewpoint spot saved inside of it, maybe that could be messed with. Still though, not all maps are centered on 0,0 x,y so it would be a little tough. Plus, if you make rooftops have Invisible surface flags, you'll get rendering errors due to the zone portals so you couldn't render the inside of he building, just the outside. I really don't know how the devs did it, they must have spent a shit ton of time working on it.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 14:37:59 PM »
I know in the editor, the map has your last viewpoint spot saved inside of it, maybe that could be messed with. Still though, not all maps are centered on 0,0 x,y so it would be a little tough. Plus, if you make rooftops have Invisible surface flags, you'll get rendering errors due to the zone portals so you couldn't render the inside of he building, just the outside. I really don't know how the devs did it, they must have spent a shit ton of time working on it.
Honestly I think the easier way would be to just delete all of the roofs to take the shot. However, in the case of multiple floor buildings I have no idea how it was done. Maybe multiple images for each map?

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 14:42:52 PM »
If it would be possible to ensure the viewport to be in exactly the same location(x,y,Height) it would be possible to take 1 screenshot, then edit map to expose the next layer, then take another shot.

I'll take a look into doing some uscripting in the editor. I know it's limited in what you can to when you run U-Script in the editor.. but the only way I know is to do it with a custom builderbrush.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 20:00:50 PM »
I've been able to create a button in unreal Ed that run an UnrealScript that allows you to align then top left viewport and set x,y and z, it also sets FOV and RendMap.

What remains:

Find a way to resize the viewport to 512x512( or even perhaps 1024x1024)
Grab the Screen, and save the current picture(Of the viewport only), so that you can take consecutive pictures that you then can merge in your favorite Paint program.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 20:46:06 PM »
That's something I'd like to see, larger and clearer SAI images. If you get this setup, I'll take new screenshots for all maps and put them in the package.

Other concerns of mine would be all the actor icons and aliasing (I haven't tried forcing anti-aliasing in the editor but heard it causes problems).

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 22:33:07 PM »
Other concerns of mine would be all the actor icons and aliasing (I haven't tried forcing anti-aliasing in the editor but heard it causes problems).

You know of any Actor properties that would make them show even if you are not inside their Zoneinfo...
Or can you "Break" the Zones so that all Actors are visible?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 23:06:12 PM »
It's not a problem of actors not being visible, it's a problem of actor icons that you only see in the editor. Like lights, triggers, levelinfo, zoneinfo. Do you know of a way to hide those in the editor? I've never found one.

Here's something that illustrates my point:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/464376/aac_maap/screenshots/UnrealEd%202013-07-04%2023-27-46-17.png

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 23:45:59 PM »
It's not a problem of actors not being visible, it's a problem of actor icons that you only see in the editor. Like lights, triggers, levelinfo, zoneinfo. Do you know of a way to hide those in the editor? I've never found one.

Here's something that illustrates my point:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/464376/aac_maap/screenshots/UnrealEd%202013-07-04%2023-27-46-17.png

Sure, select 1 of the ZonInfo's, then right click on the same Actor, Select/Select all ZoneInfo's
Then click on the Eye in this picture, repeat for all classes you want to hide:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62876385/Actor.png

Don't do this for all classes, for instance, if you hid an TerrainInfo.. the terrain itself will be hidden....
I think all the eye does is to set the Actor Property Advanced/bHiddedEd

Offline Alex

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 23:49:16 PM »
That's something I'd like to see, larger and clearer SAI images. If you get this setup, I'll take new screenshots for all maps and put them in the package.

Indeed it does. I couldn't select anything in the editor with AA forced through the AMD CCC.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 23:51:14 PM »
Yea, that's the thing, you're hiding the whole actor, not just the icon.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 23:52:48 PM »
My problem is that when I'm viewing the map from above in Dynamic Lighting, Zones are popping in/out when I pan Around/Zoom

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 22, 2013, 23:54:47 PM »
After you've removed roofs? You can remove the ZoneInfo actors but the ZonePortal ones are just regular brushes, no real way to differentiate as far as I can tell.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager