Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Rooftop Map  (Read 10615 times)

Offline Alex

Rooftop Map
« on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 00:52:57 AM »
So I spent most of my day today (as you can tell, I have a super exciting life) laying the foundation for a new map, and this is pretty much the result of that. It's only a couple of hours of work and there is a lot of stuff to fix/add remove. More of a test map than anything.

My plan for it is attack/defend with assault having to get to the elevator on the other side of the building. I was thinking about making it VIP like SF Hospital but I'm leaning towards the way bridge does it. As for weapons, I want SF, but only if I can get SF without the 203.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osvDSQwWrso&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Got the idea for a rooftop map from the MW2 map Highrise.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 00:54:52 AM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Rooftop Map
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 01:03:45 AM »
Interesting. I've played on Highrise before, pretty fun map. The way I see this map in my head is ideally it would either dusk or dawn. I think doing it like bridge would be good. If you can't get SF without 203, how about the ranger M4?

I just noticed you tested this in 2.4.1. I didn't know that was possible lawl.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 01:06:11 AM »
It's great to see you're becoming more and more comfortable with the editor and going after a second map. The only thing I would say about this one is a physics volume above that table where you drop down, you could lower the gravity to something like -800 Z (-1500 default I think) so that player damage doesn't occur. Aside from that, great job on the map :)

Oh, maybe a lot of large corona's and some wind sound to kind of make people uneasy.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 01:08:37 AM »
Oh, maybe a lot of large corona's and some wind sound to kind of make people uneasy.

You really need the title "Visual Aesthetic Designer and Developer".

Offline Alex

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 01:17:54 AM »
I just noticed you tested this in 2.4.1. I didn't know that was possible lawl.
It's the editor's test thing. Just hit the joystick and it loads the map up. Saves me the hassle of running a local server through AA.
 As far as sounds and lights go, a loud wind sound is a great idea. I don't have any sounds in it yet, nor do I even have a proper sky (right now is just a black background)

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 01:23:17 AM »
Also, I made the building really fucking tall. Probably too tall. And no, I'm not going to player block the building. Walk near the edges at your own risk. :P
Also, I hate that you can see the ground, it looks really bad. Is there any way I can make it to where it kinda fades away, kinda like distance fog but not crappy?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 03:00:36 AM »

Hehe good job, I pretty like the idea. in my view it would be cool to have that sf with no 203 with that red point (so don't make it optional but automatic)

you could lower the gravity to something like -800 Z (-1500 default I think) so that player damage doesn't occur.

I don't think that is such a big deal, as it's the same in pipeline map and it's good way to know there is an enemy if you have good sound ;)

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 03:14:05 AM »
Hehe good job, I pretty like the idea. in my view it would be cool to have that sf with no 203 with that red point (so don't make it optional but automatic)
I don't think there is a way top force a certain scope (I use red dot anyways). Also, I'm not sure how to get the SF gun without 203. Might just got for the m4 like WC.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 04:03:33 AM »
@Killaman:

search for bTeam0AllowM203Mod, bTeam0AllowFlares for flares,
1st look for it in LevelInfo  ;)
about using an aimpoint like M68, i think its not possible because 2.5 havent a Spawn Class for this. 2.8.5 does.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I rly don't know what ZoneInfo's
 does, maybe u can put one in the middle of the building and set a diferent fog value.

make it a Parachute mission, Assault will have to get on the roof top, while Def. will get up the stairs  :o
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
last edit:
I compiled the 2.8.5 custom m4 sets for 2.5, Drop the files in your System folder(AA Editor) and open in ur Actor browser.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64317034/285M4Sets_For_Assist.rar , 2 files, you have to test both files, I dont know how they work :D, nor if they will work lol.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 04:56:23 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 12:45:05 PM »
Also, I hate that you can see the ground, it looks really bad. Is there any way I can make it to where it kinda fades away, kinda like distance fog but not crappy?

Make it even taller and add black fog.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 15:02:25 PM »
Spanky's idea first, then change the start fog distance to a large value like 2000. End value to like 3000.

about using an aimpoint like M68, i think its not possible because 2.5 havent a Spawn Class for this. 2.8.5 does.

Possessed brings up an interesting point. We can just make our own spawn classes for SF.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 15:05:28 PM by BlueBlaster »

Offline Alex

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 15:30:42 PM »
Make it even taller and add black fog.
I have no idea how to add black fog.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 15:35:09 PM »
Add fog, change the color of it to black.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 15:41:09 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Alex

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 15:41:31 PM »
Add fog, change the color of it to black.
No idea how to add fog. I assumed it was under emitters but I can't find anything.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 16:06:02 PM »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager