Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Public Beta?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Public Beta?
« on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 20:51:30 PM »
This is for Jonny mostly but I'd like other people's thoughts on it as well. What would you guys think about a public beta? MP6 Pipeline is utter crap and some of the maps have serious bugs like Ice and whatnot. I'm thinking of a few public beta's so people can post bugs and whatnot instead of working hard and releasing a "final" version in a month or two. I'd rather get small amounts of fixes out there and get feedback so we can keep tweaking until people are happy. Maybe 5 or so beta releases? Up to Jonny how much he wants to change things :)

*EDIT*
It would also give us a chance to loosely test the new Karma mod. We could even have Karma and non-Karma versions of the same map. I have lots of ideas for PBall :)
« Last Edit: Monday, January 16, 2012, 20:58:26 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Public Beta?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 21:01:13 PM »
You know Ill say yes. This is useful for maps with terrain (like Ice because you can get almost anywhere on that map lol). But getting peoples input on other things that could be in a map would be nice too, I know all those ideas rush in as people play them.

Jonnym

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 02:30:19 AM »
Just make sure you give clear instructions on how to make a completely separate aa install for the Beta, I can see all the posts now from people who fuked up their Assist install with it and the forum getting spammed with requests for help. Its hard work helping all those people.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 02:41:38 AM »
Just make sure you give clear instructions on how to make a completely separate aa install for the Beta, I can see all the posts now from people who fuked up their Assist install with it and the forum getting spammed with requests for help. Its hard work helping all those people.

:) I guess I wasn't clear in my point being that it would be a beta through Assist if you didn't mind it. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to hassle with telling people to copy files to their Assist installs and whatnot.

Jonnym

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 05:51:33 AM »
Ok we are looking until the end of this week for the dedicated server to be finished.
Then I want a week off.
Then I will look at building a beta release.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 13:23:01 PM »
Ok we are looking until the end of this week for the dedicated server to be finished.
Then I want a week off.
Then I will look at building a beta release.

Somewhere around the first week of February then? I think that's a pretty good target. I'm not really in a rush, there's still a lot of things I would personally like to do.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager