Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Petrol  (Read 28161 times)

Offline Alex

Re: Petrol
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 13:56:09 PM »
Yup not sure we talk about the same map, because like Killa said, there is no defence. You can hide, like you can do on every map, but you will lose obj (btw not sure what obj is-
There are 3 objectives. One in the bus in the middle, one in the basement in the building on the one side and one on the third floor in the building on the other side. With smoke each side can easily get a side objective a piece, but the middle one is the most difficult.

I'm going to look into making overhead images of a lot of mAAps to use with SAI.

Offline Alex

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 02:02:18 AM »
So I spent last night and some of tonight editing/fixing the map. Here is a list of what I did.

- Turned restaurant into radio station. The building on the outside is the same, just new interior. I though the restaurant was too boring.
- You can now walk behind the radio station(formerly restaurant) between it and the river.
- Fixed the train depot doors. They no longer go through the sidewalk.
- Added plank to get onto the gas pump roof from the gas station roof
- Added boxes to the dumpster behind the gas station. No more getting stuck in them. :P
- Various lighting and mesh fixes.
- Added bushes and various obstacles for more cover. Also removed some useless stuff.
- Performance should be a little bit better.

Not much has really changed to the overall look but I might make a video.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 03:54:27 AM »
may I make a suggestion? placing a small 1 cardboard box on the inside of both of the dumpsters (instead of big boxes) that way a player can still get in there (for cover when 1 side rushes hardcore) and the cardboard box will allow a player inside the dumpster to jump on it and exit the dumpster easily. anyone have opinions on this and killa I would like Ur opinon

Offline Alex

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 14:46:01 PM »
may I make a suggestion? placing a small 1 cardboard box on the inside of both of the dumpsters (instead of big boxes) that way a player can still get in there (for cover when 1 side rushes hardcore) and the cardboard box will allow a player inside the dumpster to jump on it and exit the dumpster easily. anyone have opinions on this and killa I would like Ur opinon
That could easily be done.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #34 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 16:52:45 PM »
and in my opinon, that would visually look beter than 2 big azz wooden boxes in the dumpster. but then again thats just my opinon :)

Offline Alex

« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 01:54:22 AM »
Alright. I've spent a lot of time doing some fixes to the map. You can refer to my previous list on most of them. I have fixed some other stuff I forgot to mention like the Objective letters are now A,B, and C instead of all being A. :P

I have almost completely redone the lighting. The lighting is stolen Inspired from Spanky's mAAp Pipeline. It still doesn't look as good as mAAp Pipeline's, but it's definitely better than the lighting Petrol had before. More work will likely be done but I figured I'd give an update.

Here are some 1080p Screenshots for ya guys.

Let me know what you guys think. Suggestions and comments are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

JonnyM

« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 02:01:38 AM »
Its very clean, Which is good.
Now add some atmosphere, Some fog maybe? or a sandstorm copied and pasted from sf sandstorm? or rain.

Offline Alex

« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 02:04:09 AM »
Its very clean, Which is good.
Now add some atmosphere, Some fog maybe? or a sandstorm copied and pasted from sf sandstorm?
As of right now I do have some fog/dust moving throughout the city. I want more but the problem is that it goes through BSP (so you have moving fog/dust in buildings) and I have yet to figure out how to stop that. I'll look into it again but I'm not promising anything. Thanks for the comment though.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 02:05:53 AM »
rain.

I was actually thinking this before I saw your post. I agree.

Killa, take a look at Dockside or Blizzard.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 02:21:15 AM »
I was actually thinking this before I saw your post. I agree.

Killa, take a look at Dockside or Blizzard.
Dockside doesn't have rain. I don't think any AA map does. I do love those moving trees though.

I can't seem to get the rain to even show up. It doesn't help that you can't view weather effects in the editor.
I would just copy the one from Blizzard and mess around with it but trying to paste it into Petrol crashes the editor. :P

Offline Mike Mentzer

• don't change old maps!! Give noobs not a chance!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 03:12:49 AM »
Dockside doesn't have rain. I don't think any AA map does. I do love those moving trees though.

I can't seem to get the rain to even show up. It doesn't help that you can't view weather effects in the editor.
I would just copy the one from Blizzard and mess around with it but trying to paste it into Petrol crashes the editor. :P

from the top of my head i guess MP_Shipment has rain for sure.  :P

and a very noizy and anoying backgroundsound, could someone lower the sound i'm pretty sure that the reason no 1 like the map.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 26, 2013, 03:15:24 AM by Mike Mentzer »
Nice some Ass licking around   ((_) :censored: D :P (_o_) :P

Offline Ganja

« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 09:21:56 AM »
Like i said before, realistic map, there could be something added to bring more atmosphere, but i'm not sure if it's rain or fog or whatever, try it out and show us ;) It's a pitty my pc can't support that map :(

Offline Rapture

« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 09:29:28 AM »
It's a pitty my pc can't support that map :(

u never know, after killaman has a finished product, your cpu may be able to play it better than before. im actually sure it will, im just not sure how much better. but u should see some performance boost

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:38:34 AM »
Shipment the most laggest map in the game, it could be caused of the rain and the texture, or because its a small map and lots of players playing it, anyways can you guys get rid of it, or fix it? also i don't like petrol because its a big map that no one plays, not realistic at all...

Offline Froster

« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 10:57:32 AM »
Are u guys thinking about adding new custom maps ?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager