Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Official mAAp v7 Bug Reporting Thread  (Read 18856 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Official mAAp v7 Bug Reporting Thread
« Reply #30 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 19:30:19 PM »
"- last but not least, objectives. /partially done, unsure about if they works as playing offline i see both called as a class "A" objective/."

On objectives, there's a property to change the HUD order. I can't remember the exact name but change the value from 0 to 1. Change this only on one objective.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 07:58:41 AM »
"- last but not least, objectives. /partially done, unsure about if they works as playing offline i see both called as a class "A" objective/."

On objectives, there's a property to change the HUD order. I can't remember the exact name but change the value from 0 to 1. Change this only on one objective.

Hmm yes i was actually trying to set one different object to be achieved by every team, but even setting up two objectives might work. One is close to Assault spawn, and the other one is close to the Defense one. This is done to "hopefully" get the two teams to cover and fight for the object rather than for the pure kills. Very much like in Urban Assault, which in fact has 2 different objects which can be taken by both of the teams (bTakeTurns).

I was actually wondering if Hospital had the objectives layout i had in mind (1 for each time) but i kinda imagine that it has to be about killing the vip object (the vip) causing the round to close with one team (ambush) to win (BRequiredToWin with the only class that can trigger the obj being the vip one). It's a neat setup but i can't have the same in Interdiction for a very simple reason, the vip would hide all around (and there's plenty to hide in this map).

You then happen to apply a sound that it's called "Interrogation Whisper" onto a women characther, and then discover that it actually is a manly whisper. Lolz.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 08:14:25 AM by Koden »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 21:53:11 PM »
I make my own post for Interdiction:

- uniforms;
- frag grenade in the equipment (to be reduced to 2 from 4) sorted out 
- spawn points too close
- some static meshes like light fixtures in the upper main room missing from the map (not from the packages), and in a corridor at the 1st floor (better place one at the upper floor and the other one at the lower floor, in the hospital area - might be taking out a door used by Assault rushers);
- security mirror texture not behaving correctly in both security area (one at the south exit, the other one at the West exit;
- missing PlayerBlock area to avoid players falling down at the outer end of the West exit;
- elevator cables missing in the elevator room;
- rods missing in all of the pipes hangs (2 rods for each element).
- pipes and pipes 90° degrees corner missing in the south exit area. will come after some other things
- a door opening upwards in the cafe area;
- briefings not getting loaded; sorting out
grate movers to be added added but they rotate too much ending up into the wall.
- last but not least, objectives.

Sounds relinked to the 2.5 packages

« Last Edit: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 22:23:37 PM by Koden »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 00:16:51 AM »
Nice work so far Koden.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 04:45:07 AM »
I was wondering, don't you guys think that the uniforms on rummage are really similar?

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 15:45:03 PM »
I was wondering, don't you guys think that the uniforms on rummage are really similar?

I havent really noticed since I haven't really had a problem identifying my own guys. However we could change it to have the opfor more noticeable.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 15:53:41 PM »
Pretty easy thing to do. I think people complain about this with a few maps.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:31:13 PM »
Updated the main list of stuff.

As for movers Koden, to change any position of the movement, you go into the properties and set KeyNum to 1. You'll notice the mesh has now moved to it's resting position. You can rotate/move it to stop where you want. Once done, set KeyNum to 0 and that's that. Basically, movers have keys and the game will play those keys (only counting up to NumKeys) and tween the movement between those keys with MoveTime. Hopefully this makes sense :)

*EDIT*
Oh, and the server log was 22.2MB :)
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:34:19 PM by Spanky »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:36:29 PM »
Updated the main list of stuff.

As for movers Koden, to change any position of the movement, you go into the properties and set KeyNum to 1. You'll notice the mesh has now moved to it's resting position. You can rotate/move it to stop where you want. Once done, set KeyNum to 0 and that's that. Basically, movers have keys and the game will play those keys (only counting up to NumKeys) and tween the movement between those keys with MoveTime. Hopefully this makes sense :)

*EDIT*
Oh, and the server log was 22.2MB :)

-.- gawdsaek *piles up npcs into the garbage bin*

Interdiction - Rods missing in all of the pipes hangs (2 rods for each element)
Interdiction - Pipes and pipes 90° degrees corner missing in the south exit area
Interdiction - Elevator cables missing in the elevator room

Note that those were fixed already, rods were placed back, same for the cables, and for the pipes i just went straight into the wall (you can still move in around there and anyway the stairs under those pipes don't take anywhere by now).

Interdiction - Remove collision on loading bumpers so players don't get stuck so easily

This one is just a matter of how small the space is. And being the original Interdiction built like this, i'm more prone to leave it as a collision (since the players collide against and don't actually get stuck).

Objectives will be changed to non-animated ones (they previously were npc's). Actually the exact way it is designed in Urban Assault (which has the same BTakeTurns objective system). I will also assign a lower time to execute the objective.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:49:24 PM by Koden »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:48:50 PM »
Edited the list.

For the bumpers, you fall in-between them but the space between them and the truck trailer isn't enough to walk through so you have to go prone and crawl all the way out which makes it difficult. You're pretty much screwed then if an enemy comes by.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:53:40 PM »
Edited the list.

For the bumpers, you fall in-between them but the space between them and the truck trailer isn't enough to walk through so you have to go prone and crawl all the way out which makes it difficult. You're pretty much screwed then if an enemy comes by.

In real life, if you were on the battlefield and so close to the enemy, would you risk to get stuck in there or move so slow that you would became an easy target?

Another reason i don't want to see people there is cause they would be camping all day in that space, where frag nades cant reach you and where you can cover easily from flashes while standing in that kind of trench.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:57:51 PM by Koden »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:56:50 PM »
I fell and got stuck twice running over the truck as that's faster than to run around the truck.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:57:03 PM »
Le sigh Koden, le sigh. Usability comes first.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 20:59:09 PM »
Le sigh Koden, le sigh. Usability comes first.

-.- ok ok, ill switch those collisions off.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 22:30:03 PM »
If i am the only one complain about the uniforms do not change, maybe the problem is mine, lack of attention  ::)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager