Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Official mAAp v7 Bug Reporting Thread  (Read 18850 times)

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
Re: Official mAAp v7 Bug Reporting Thread
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 17:23:14 PM »
I've been noticing the report in locations in maps I don't remember them in, good stuff.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 17:30:54 PM »
Hell yeah AJ!

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 17:31:48 PM »
I've been noticing the report in locations in maps I don't remember them in, good stuff.

:D We're doing our job then.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 17:45:17 PM »
Ooooo I found a problem. You disappear on the underside of the water. I might have to use a shader instead of a finalblend.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 17:55:02 PM »
Ooooo I found a problem. You disappear on the underside of the water. I might have to use a shader instead of a finalblend.

Can you fix this on Pipeline too :D

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 18:40:02 PM »
Sure, once I figure it all out :D

So I fixed the disappearing thing on Aztec after testing out some other things. Unfortunatly, we will have to get used to the soldiers being rendered on top of the water. It's some kind of draw issue that I googled and and I couldn't get it to be fixed. At least the soldiers don't disappear.

I also had to modify the fluid surface a bit because the devs did it wrong :P
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 21:17:38 PM by BlueBlaster »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 16:33:58 PM »
Cleaned up for v7.1, feel free to post more!

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 16:56:05 PM »
I make my own post for Interdiction:

- uniforms;
- frag grenade in the equipment (to be reduced to 2 from 4)
- spawn points too close
- some static meshes like light fixtures in the upper main room missing from the map (not from the packages), and in a corridor at the 1st floor (better place one at the upper floor and the other one at the lower floor, in the hospital area - might be taking out a door used by Assault rushers);
- security mirror texture not behaving correctly in both security area (one at the south exit, the other one at the West exit;
- missing PlayerBlock area to avoid players falling down at the outer end of the West exit;
- elevator cables missing in the elevator room;
- rods missing in all of the pipes hangs (2 rods for each element).
- pipes and pipes 90° degrees corner missing in the south exit area.
- optional: pipes junctions (for more realism)
- a door opening upwards in the cafe area;
- briefings not getting loaded;

- last but not least, objectives.

Light: some people notice a difference with the original 2.8.5 lighting in comparison to the 2.5 one and would like a darker setting. (to be verified).
« Last Edit: Friday, February 17, 2012, 17:54:32 PM by Koden »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 17:18:29 PM »
The lighting in Interdiction is very soft-lit (i.e., there are no hard shadows) and low contrast (i.e., theres a lot of grey going on). If you make it darker, it's just going to be really dismal and make it even harder to identify teams.

It's up to you though.

Oh and more importantly than lighting, it might be useful to get rid of or block access to a lot of those dead-end rooms. Such as the medical area. Unless you add objectives to those rooms, then the dead-end rooms can stay :)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 18:02:05 PM »
The lighting in Interdiction is very soft-lit (i.e., there are no hard shadows) and low contrast (i.e., theres a lot of grey going on). If you make it darker, it's just going to be really dismal and make it even harder to identify teams.

It's up to you though.

Oh and more importantly than lighting, it might be useful to get rid of or block access to a lot of those dead-end rooms. Such as the medical area. Unless you add objectives to those rooms, then the dead-end rooms can stay :)

Yep, in fact i wrote to be verified, for the lighting (let's say, fidelity vs having it more lightened up for "newer" players). My goal is to make it use the spaces in the most useful way possible, and i was talking to Spanky a couple of days ago about crossed objective positions, simply having Assault objective in the Defense area, and Defense one about in Assault area.
I need to look up the possible tactics as Interdiction was born as a cooperative map so there are really many ways to pass from a floor to the other one, and while it makes for realism, it might make things too easy if a spawn is too close to the objective or to the other team (breachable doors might turn useful - imagine a closed door, takes time and a good amount of noticeable noise to be breached open).

One of the things i didn't liked while playing today on Spanky's server was looking at the lower floor not even being noticed by both teams (part is due to objectives missing, another part is due to people playing this map for the very first time).
« Last Edit: Friday, February 17, 2012, 18:05:58 PM by Koden »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 18:13:35 PM »
Yeah, the lower floors hardly get any use. People don't know they're there. Like the bathroom for instance :) I like that breached doors idea. You can also do unlockable doors with objectives (you can remove the objective information so it functions as a door that you unlock if you know what I mean).

Also I have another thing floating in my mind about le map. 99% of this map is grey. This includes textures and static meshes. I see that the stand out color in this map is yellow (and sometimes green). I think if would be cool if you incorporate some more yellow (or green) in certain areas to really make the map pop. Think of the old game castlevania for the NES. The game made use of 2 colors to really make the game pop, blue and orange. If you remember Castlevania 2 for NES, it game had very bland graphics because it didn't have a color scheme throughout the game. I hope you understand what I'm getting at here :)

This is a very excellent buddy system map though. I had lots of fun going around in pairs eliminating the opfor.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 18:36:50 PM »
Yeah, the lower floors hardly get any use. People don't know they're there. Like the bathroom for instance :) I like that breached doors idea. You can also do unlockable doors with objectives (you can remove the objective information so it functions as a door that you unlock if you know what I mean).

Also I have another thing floating in my mind about le map. 99% of this map is grey. This includes textures and static meshes. I see that the stand out color in this map is yellow (and sometimes green). I think if would be cool if you incorporate some more yellow (or green) in certain areas to really make the map pop. Think of the old game castlevania for the NES. The game made use of 2 colors to really make the game pop, blue and orange. If you remember Castlevania 2 for NES, it game had very bland graphics because it didn't have a color scheme throughout the game. I hope you understand what I'm getting at here :)

This is a very excellent buddy system map though. I had lots of fun going around in pairs eliminating the opfor.

Unlockable doors, i like that idea more than breacheable doors because breachers explodes and that is a dangerous thing in the hand of inexperienced players.

I got what you mean about the colour scheme, yellow and green were probably made to stand out because the original 2.8.5 version of Interdiction featured an outside area that was made quite like a "forest" with some fog. I can plan on making some use of em, although i shouldn't use a lot of new textures (unless i'm using ones already available from mAAp pack or original 2.5 ones).

I'm really glad you had fun, the map is a great design as it is realistic with a grain of salt for tactical gameplay. It might just need to get a couple of things fixed to improve PvP gameplay.
Btw, tonight we reached a peak of 150 players and during the weekend i expect to see about 160/170 players.

I watched a Castlevania video, the music is great.

p.s. thanks for your comment on BT ;)

p.s.2 ah btw, now that i recall, Interdiction already has a partial color scheme for areas, basically if you look at the walls, they have a stripe of a different colour for different zones. That's a bland idea for a realistic approach of using colours to define areas rather than a true colour scheme, but still, i don't remember a similar approach on any other map.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 17, 2012, 18:49:54 PM by Koden »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 19:08:42 PM »
Got some great ideas going on in here, I can see Koden's mind going wild with all kinds of 1337 updates for the map :)

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 15:05:19 PM »
Koden I've added your bugs along with some that came up last night and a couple on Berg that Jared mentioned to me. Got a good list going :D

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 18:38:02 PM »
I make my own post for Interdiction:

- uniforms;
- frag grenade in the equipment (to be reduced to 2 from 4) /haven't sorted out this one yet/
- spawn points too close
- some static meshes like light fixtures in the upper main room missing from the map (not from the packages), and in a corridor at the 1st floor (better place one at the upper floor and the other one at the lower floor, in the hospital area - might be taking out a door used by Assault rushers);
- security mirror texture not behaving correctly in both security area (one at the south exit, the other one at the West exit; /haven't sorted out this one yet/
- missing PlayerBlock area to avoid players falling down at the outer end of the West exit;
- elevator cables missing in the elevator room;
- rods missing in all of the pipes hangs (2 rods for each element).
- pipes and pipes 90° degrees corner missing in the south exit area. will come after some other things
- a door opening upwards in the cafe area;
- briefings not getting loaded; /haven't sorted out this one yet/

- last but not least, objectives. /partially done, unsure about if they works as playing offline i see both called as a class "A" objective/.

Light: some people notice a difference with the original 2.8.5 lighting in comparison to the 2.5 one and would like a darker setting. (to be verified).

1 more "todo" -> sounds.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 24, 2012, 19:08:33 PM by Koden »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager