Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: MP_BREAKOUT UPDATES  (Read 15674 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: MP_BREAKOUT UPDATES
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 01, 2013, 13:07:18 PM »
I agree, there should be doors. Make it realistic.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Rapture

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, September 26, 2013, 14:42:35 PM »
ok the newest addition to the map is the following: (yeah i didnt want to post ss)

added more rooms on 2ndfloor (secretary office, CEO office, document filing room, etc...)
turned 3 carriable obj's into just 1 (which resides behind a breachable door)
1 door breacher added to each of the Assault roles
assault now spawns in a sewer system before accessing the warehouse
added a vent system
added another way to access 2nd floor
visuals outside of extraction has changed
more report in locations
new and improved Conference Room
added a few doors (not alot)
elevator access 2nd floor now has more cover

Future Additions if time permits

add a few rooms on 1st floor
add a few rooms on 3rd floor
extend tunnel system a tad and add visuals (debri, pipes, etc..)
add a light source in all the rooms (ex: light fixtures)
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 26, 2013, 14:57:35 PM by Rapture »

Offline M_TopSecret

• Never fly the 'A' model of anything. — Ed Thompson
    • View Profile
    • |M|@fioso Clan
  • AA: |M|TopSecret
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 02:11:13 AM »
Sounds wack, I won't be playing this map...  :style: I'll be owning on this map!  :idea:
Never fly the 'A' model of anything. — Ed Thompson

Offline Rapture

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:11:35 AM »
added

more rooms on 3rd floor
elevator now moves up and down all 3 floors
doubled up sewer system to ease player congestion with 2 separate ways to exit the tunnels
few rooms added on 1st floor
replaced all broken glass windows with new windows
added more visuals
added more comm locations
added additional zone info's

Offline Rapture

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 14:34:18 PM »
i am aware of some small bugs in the map thats playable right now online. i just though i would post this before people come in after playing it. heres just a small list of some things i did notice that will be fixed :)

Minor Bugs

- 1 entry ladder from tunnels up to warehouse do seem to glitch sometimes when ur on them. until i fix this (which is soon) bypass this glitch  by jumping onto the ladder when u head towards it to climb.

- The door/door frame in CEO Restroom needs to be resized slightly

- Obj Door doesn't block coronas from red light by helicopter outside of extraction

- add zoneinfo's to rooms that dont have them

while these are a few bugs i notice. it doesn't really affect the game play of the map. ill be updating this stuff soon and if anyone notices something not on the list, then please post it here :) ty

Offline Mixk

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 15:14:44 PM »
Even with the bugs it's one hell of a lot better map now.  :cheer: :w00t: :cheer: :w00t:
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 15:37:57 PM »
thank u

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 18:36:45 PM »
New map LOOKS great but man is it bad. For the love of AA please bring back the old and make this new concoction Breakout SE.

Unnecessary rooms encourage people to wonder off to random obscure areas that are of 0 value and camp. They branch off in directions that seem to serve no purpose other than to add another room.....got bored? I played for only a few min and found all these ridiculous rooms off to the side extending the map, no where near the obj or anything.

Or AT VERY LEAST bring the old one back called breakoutold or w.e

The old version was a fav for a lot of players...this one is simply too big, complex, pointless rooms.

Id like to compare it to weapons cache se and wc.

NO ONE plays wc se unless its an urge for something diff lol. I would in fact say its even more of a dramatic difference between wc, wc se and this new breakout.

The old breakout was in my top 3 fav maps. Now, its not even available to play? sad sad sad.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 18:41:26 PM by Dav3 »

Offline Rapture

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 18:41:23 PM »
lol ty for ur input. im not sure about u or ur servers. but when we play wc se, we get a full server. as with this map, we get a large amounts of players on it. while there are still some bugs to be worked out, its still playable and alot of people like it. im not opposed if eliz or spanky wanted the original and this version being se. its up to them. but as far as what we host on our servers, we would only play this version. the map was changed cause the was 4 nades each player, which if 10 people are in then thats 40 nades in such a small area. everyone complained it was too small, had too many nades. i can rush in the old version (with me on assault) and hit obj in exactly 22 secs. how is that fun? people actually rage quit over this many many times. in my opinion and other peoples opinion, this version is more fun. i have only really seen complaints from lilpinky (who trolls anyways) and u. but im open to other suggestions to the map :)

Offline DwightSchrute

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 18:47:00 PM »
Good job Rapture!

>> sum clevr sig 2meak mi look liek a maste pro 420 bLaZE 1T f4g0T duud iBenCHh 200lbs np d1d u 3vN chEk mY aBs??! alpHA 4s fvcKKk!

Offline Rapture

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 18:50:13 PM »
but there are some issues with the doors i added, i will address those issues tonight later. i will replace all the yellow doors with more suitable doors and i will recheck the map for any errors it may have :)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 18:51:58 PM »
You could have just reduced the amount of nades and moved some spawn points? Instead of overhauling the whole thing =\. You basically made a completely diff map...

Dont get me wrong it LOOKS good, but in the process you killed a good map. You gotta at least bring the old back.

Of course its going to fill a server now. (tho I wouldnt tout it as a blast yet - our insurgent camp server has more players at the moment ) Once everyone has played it I see this map being hardly played. I mean you have an active clan and they will play it cause u put the server on it lol. And I can also see this map being popular among NEW players and the non daily players, old players, competitive players and so on.

I dont have any suggestions for this map, I wont be playing it unless its the only active server. I would however play the old a few times a week as I used to.

My suggestion is however. IF a map is EVER edited so extremely....it should be v2, SE, or named something diff. You dont just go and toss out a great map.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 18:55:28 PM by Dav3 »

Offline Rapture

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:11:47 PM »
You could have just reduced the amount of nades and moved some spawn points? Instead of overhauling the whole thing =\. You basically made a completely diff map...

Have u played the map before? talking about the original. cause there is nowhere to move spawn points without making additional rooms. i mean are u saying move def from restrooms to offices? cause all that will cause is def getting closer to assault spawn faster. which people will then complain about. maybe ur saying move assault spawns into main pump room? then i can take obj (on assault) in like 15 seconds, maybe less. i mean where are u suggestion spawn points be moved to in the original map? lol

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:18:17 PM »
Have u played the map before? talking about the original. cause there is nowhere to move spawn points without making additional rooms. i mean are u saying move def from restrooms to offices? cause all that will cause is def getting closer to assault spawn faster. which people will then complain about. maybe ur saying move assault spawns into main pump room? then i can take obj (on assault) in like 15 seconds, maybe less. i mean where are u suggestion spawn points be moved to in the original map? lol

So your saying the only fix was to literally change everything?

It clearly wasnt that big of an issue since people played it.

My true guess is all those complaints came from noobs and people who didnt know the map - as they do with every other map. OMG i died quickly. Yea, it was a small map. Now its massive.

Your talking like it was some MAJOR issue and everyone hated the map. It was a great one that people frequented. People will not frequent this map. They will get their taste then move on.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 19:22:21 PM »
Once everyone has played it I see this map being hardly played. I mean you have an active clan and they will play it cause u put the server on it lol. And I can also see this map being popular among NEW players and the non daily players, old players, competitive players and so on.

You wrong about that

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager