Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Map with Karma physics  (Read 3063 times)

Offline blint63

Map with Karma physics
« on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 14:05:36 PM »
Hi all, I have 2 questions: :o

- The description says somewhere, that there is a karma enabled and an offline map in the maap pack, wich one are these and how can I play them?
- I remember a huge in-door map with funny stuff in it to test the karma engine. Can you remember the map's name and/or do you have a download location?

Thx your help

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Map with Karma physics
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 14:11:46 PM »
Spankyville was one. I can't remember the other one that Blue worked on. I don't think they were in MP6 though. We did a lot of silly stuff in the beginning but I think it's worth our time to focus on realism and gameplay, not adding floating blue balls or dildo's to maps.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 14:35:50 PM »
Spankyville was one. I can't remember the other one that Blue worked on. I don't think they were in MP6 though. We did a lot of silly stuff in the beginning but I think it's worth our time to focus on realism and gameplay, not adding floating blue ballsor dildo's to maps.

Oh noes nasty blue floating things floating - did i mentioned they're floating? -

Dildos? Whatta...? Now raping defense will have a totally new meaning.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 18:29:57 PM »
The mAAp descriptions are old. Things were removed and updated so sometimes the mAAp description doesn't match the files.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 18:44:00 PM »
Blue, should we bring back one of those demo's? Ask Jonny to add a button in training or something? Get some AI and some karma objects :)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 20:11:15 PM »
I think we should make a new demo map so people can dick around with AI and karma. We can also jack the ai code from SOAR so they actually do something. These demo maps are starting to turn more into UE feature exploration maps.

I also just remembered I still have the source files from ageia physx. There might be a way to work that into AA if we can find a way to load dll's. Then we call the code with uscript.

Baby steps first :D
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 20:12:50 PM by BlueBlaster »

Offline blint63

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 20:52:06 PM »
Thx the answers, im looking forward to mess around those maps, uf you decide to add them.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 13, 2012, 01:07:38 AM »
I went and found Spankyville since it was more of a test than any other map. There's only 1 spawn point, 5 AI guys and a ton of Karma objects not to mention max'd lighting and other neat stuff. I think it will be our proof-of-concept map to test and implement stuff for other maps. Jonny might even add a button in the training menu or something :)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 13, 2012, 04:37:15 AM »
I went and found Spankyville since it was more of a test than any other map. There's only 1 spawn point, 5 AI guys and a ton of Karma objects not to mention max'd lighting and other neat stuff. I think it will be our proof-of-concept map to test and implement stuff for other maps. Jonny might even add a button in the training menu or something :)

With AI guys you mean something you could interact with or would it even be possible to have AI enemy entities? I loved Coop gameplay back in 2.8.5  :D . I was told (by an AA community mod- Frankof) that for that kind of AI an Autodesk plugin called Kynapse was used.

« Last Edit: Friday, January 13, 2012, 04:41:37 AM by Koden »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 13, 2012, 05:17:06 AM »
Hmm, I've never heard of Kynapse. In 2.4.1, the dev's were working on SoarAI, I used to have a link for the project but it appears to have died like a lot of the AA features.

Anyway, yea, we can have AI enemy entities. They're not that smart and I remember that I had problems with them in multiplayer but I think an objective could be added to end the round. It will be something we'll have to play with more but for now, they work alright in singleplayer.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager