Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: mAAp v7  (Read 7629 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: mAAp v7
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 08, 2012, 21:19:29 PM »
Pball works best with no nades or flashes. The best guns on pball are m16, or m4a1 (acog reflex ironsights), or snipers. Although all the spawns are set to the default m16.

Also the default game rounds are fun. Id rather be running in circles chasing the last person than getting nailed by assholes respawning behind me.

Offline Alex

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 08, 2012, 21:29:01 PM »
I still think the best mAAp map was Terminal or whatever the one with the crashed train was called. The one with ammunation. It was kinda unbalanced but it was still awesome.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 08, 2012, 21:46:33 PM »
Blue, could you take a look at Pipe's pine trees out front in the parking lot? I like that they move but they kinda look like crap. I also imported some AA3 sounds :P
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 08, 2012, 22:21:18 PM »
I checked the trees. They look great from inside or a distance. But I can tell they arn't lit properly. Im pretty sure other player won't notice that, I think you should leave them in. Also I found one problem. Walk down the stairs of the break room to the front entrance. As your walking down the stairs and you walk under the light in front of the door, look at the wall. You can see the red and green coronas from the objective appearing. Not sure why that happens.....

Also this is the first time I've noticed this on the security cams, but there's some nice video grain going on. Does this mean we can apply full screen shaders/textures to modify the way the game looks? Id love to have a trigger-able bloom effect based on a volume your inside of :D

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 08, 2012, 22:32:41 PM »
You can see the red and green coronas from the objective appearing. Not sure why that happens.....
They're the cameras. The monitor/security desk is being rendered which is rendering the scripted textures which is rendering that part of the map behind the wall. You'll notice that I put a cull distance on the security desk so when you're outside, you're not rendering the inside parts of the map. I think this only happens on single player because the cameratextureclient scripted texture doesn't replicate properly in multiplayer thus raising fps and eliminating rendering issues like those lights. Basically, the screens on the monitors won't update (you can still view them by pressing E) but I still leave them in there since the image is rendered and not feeding off of an old image in a package.

Also this is the first time I've noticed this on the security cams, but there's some nice video grain going on. Does this mean we can apply full screen shaders/textures to modify the way the game looks? Id love to have a trigger-able bloom effect based on a volume your inside of :D
Yea, Crunk made that video grain. It is pretty nice. You'll have to poke around but I think an overlay could be coded in.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 08, 2012, 22:42:57 PM »
Awesome. The map is really great thus far. I'm not sure what else you'll change, but you'll surprise us all.

Editor question. Do you know how to get the editor to preview volume lights? It's annoying having to start the game just to take a look at them.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 08, 2012, 22:44:21 PM »
About the xProcMesh trees outside, I think I'm going to remove them. I think they're dipping my FPS down to 45. I can walk past them, still looking in the same direction, and FPS goes up to 60 again.

:) I'm still learning Blue.

For previewing volume lights... no idea. I always had to go in-game. I made several of them in the parking lot and just chose the one that looked best and made more variants.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 03:08:58 AM »
Fair 'nuff. I wouldn't take PBall too seriously anyway since it's purely a silly kill map :) LOL @ Ice though.

Ice really needs help, there's a hole (a map hole) behind the rocks that are above the tunnel (you can climb above it), some map border not defined so yep you can fall out of the map and well the trees floating.

Since you're talking about PBall i recall there was at least one wooden ladder that "sounds" metallic. Not a great issue it's just a little wierd :)

In Square there's some kind of wierd effect on some building's texture on your left at defense spawn (i think it's defense), basically it seems almost like 2 textures overlaying or some meshes not behaving.

Ah, Defense 2nd floor stairs on Bridge Construction not being functional (it's physically there but you cannot walk on it).

About smaller maps like Square and PBall, i saw a server being set to use shotguns only on Square. And overall it was pretty cool (plenty of dancing). PBall it's small-medium range, i wouldn't really know which weapons to choose. Sniper rifles would advantage those skilled, m16 or other automatic weapons the rushers. Oh well, pistols then :)

« Last Edit: Monday, January 09, 2012, 03:17:51 AM by Koden »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 03:27:46 AM »
Thanks for going through the maps lol.

Glass kill house is an excellent map for all pistols. I prefer to play pball with default m16 and no nades/flashes. However I probably only played square like once, so no opinion :)

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 03:31:15 AM »
I think I fixed the ladder sounds on PBall, I set the ladder collision surface type to wood instead of default.

For Square, I just loaded it and I know what's going on. Prior to the MP6 release, I went through optimizing things. The outlying buildings are now staticmeshes (should render faster). I had Delta (one of the MP6 devs) convert the buildings for me and that one particular surface has 2 textures assigned. It's called z-fighting and I don't think I can fix it aside from re-converting it (although I might be able to convert it to a brush, edit the texture then back to a mesh...)

For Bridge Construction, there's some serious BSP tearing there. I removed the zone thingie and it still lingered around. This will take some more looking into.

Thanks for reporting :) I edited the first post with a bug list.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 03:48:59 AM »
Thanks for going through the maps lol.

Glass kill house is an excellent map for all pistols. I prefer to play pball with default m16 and no nades/flashes. However I probably only played square like once, so no opinion :)

You're welcome, i just enjoy playing the maps, i'm not the typical 24/7 Bridge crossing guy ^^

Ah, it honestly isn't a show stopper so i didn't posted before, there's some screen shaking when i join some maps like Ice - Monkey Island - Shipment. I thought it was some camera issue but i'm just taking a guess (unless it's happening only to me so it would be just a client issue of mine xD). 

Z-fighting? didnt knew that texture had love/hate feelings  ;D
« Last Edit: Monday, January 09, 2012, 03:52:24 AM by Koden »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 03:50:28 AM »
Ive experienced the screen shaking before on Pball. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the map though. I'd like to blame any extra u files we threw in before the maps get blamed.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 13:52:10 PM »
The TeamView mod has a shake screen while running feature to it. More modern FPS games kind of move the screen around when you run, I was trying to get Crusade to replicate that but we never got finished so it's a tiny vibration instead of a larger slower shake.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 14:52:39 PM »
Screen shaking I was getting was on viewing the viewpoint at the end of the round :)

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 15:31:23 PM »
Oh, then that's because of a lack of AGP_Viewpoints so the camera doesn't know where to go.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager