Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: mAAp pack 7.20 Bug Reports  (Read 11473 times)

Offline MothaGoosE

mAAp pack 7.20 Bug Reports
« on: Thursday, December 27, 2012, 19:11:28 PM »
All right, so I'm going through all the maps and will update this thread every time I find something new.

To start off: Petrol

For the record, these maps are awesome. Just a few things that I spotted:

-In one of the bathrooms, the stall doors are floating in the center of each stall.
-In one of the stairwell areas, there appears to be a bsp error
-Additionally, many of your static meshes cause buggy movement
-There is a way to get into a restricted area and shoot at people in the playable area
-The truck that is on fire causes severe fps drop, especially at a distance

(Corresponding Screenshots are here): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25230487/Petrol.zip

Rooftop:

-First off, just a small lighting artifact from UnrealEd being gay
-The sunroofs' alignment could be tweaked a bit so that they don't appear to be floating

(Corresponding Screenshots are here): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25230487/Rooftop.zip

Pool Day:

-Critical error occurs every time a grenade comes into contact with any water

Breakout:

Screenshots are self-explanatory: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25230487/Breakout.zip
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 27, 2012, 19:41:42 PM by MothaGoosE »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: mAAp pack 7.20 Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 27, 2012, 19:27:18 PM »
I have a few as well;

Contingency - There should be playerblocks in windows to prevent players from jumping out onto other objects that they normally can't get on. If you don't want to block windows then put physics volumes on top of the dining table things and stuff outside to push players off the top of them.

Ice - Cave has outdoor gunfire sound and the meshes around the entrance have gaps.

City Block - Briefings don't seem to work.

City Block & Petrol - Can't switch server to them in the admin control panel.

Monkey Island - AGP_Viewport needs work.

mAAp Pipeline - Map image in Assist and AA (overhead view) needs to be updated.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 28, 2012, 21:14:38 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 27, 2012, 19:37:38 PM »
I have a few as well;

Contingency - There should be playerblocks in windows to prevent players from jumping out onto other objects that they normally can't get on. If you don't want to block windows then put physics volumes on top of the dining table things and stuff outside to push players off the top of them.

Ice - Cave has outdoor gunfire sound and the meshes around the entrance have gaps.

City Block - Briefings don't seem to work.

City Block & Petrol - Can't switch server to them in the admin control panel.

Monkey Island - AGP_Viewport needs work.

mAAp Pipeline - Map image in Assist and AA (overhead view) needs to be updated.

Which windows and what objects? If you're talking about the lights in the warehouses, I put player blocks around them so people could jump on them.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 27, 2012, 19:40:53 PM »
Which windows and what objects? If you're talking about the lights in the warehouses, I put player blocks around them so people could jump on them.

I have no idea where :D There's windows just above an outside eating area. You can break them and jump down 2 stories and land on various things.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 27, 2012, 19:42:42 PM »
I have no idea where :D There's windows just above an outside eating area. You can break them and jump down 2 stories and land on various things.

Oh, that's fine since they pay for it by taking damage. It doesn't provide any sort of advantage.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 27, 2012, 19:49:15 PM »
Fair enough.

Offline Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 27, 2012, 20:53:52 PM »
I was able to play some pipeline and rooftop before eliz's server kicked me for having pipeline.aao....idk

Pipe looks good.  Except I dont get the opfor shouting sounds down in tunnels by that locked room.

a lot of Rooftop's ladders are glitchy.  They either spaz out when you're almost to the top, or you literally have to inch your way backwards with the S key in order to grasp the ladder.  In other words, if you hold S to back up, you'll miss the ladder.  And the ladder by the tunnel entrance for the blue side is hard to go down...almost like your being blocked.  Also objects down in the tunnels would be nice to provide cover.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 27, 2012, 21:23:29 PM »
Sounds like Killa didn't make ladders properly :) You have to use a playerblock to set you away from the ladder mesh then extend up past the top of the ladder as high as the player is tall (probably anything more than 64 is good).

For the opfor sounds, I'm hoping I can get someone to piss themselves in fear :)

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 28, 2012, 03:36:58 AM »
Most of the bugs reported on Petrol, Rooftop, and city Block are fixed although we're still not sure why Petrol and City Block can't be switched to. It's an error with tours.ini but there seems to be nothing causing it. Thanks a lot for helping out.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 28, 2012, 03:42:33 AM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 28, 2012, 04:14:19 AM »
Pool Day:

-Critical error occurs every time a grenade comes into contact with any water

I just removed the water in the pool. It didn't serve much purpose anyway, especially being as low as it was. Later on I might re-add water and a physics volume for shits and giggles. I also removed a stray playerstart.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 28, 2012, 05:16:43 AM »
Most of the bugs reported on Petrol, Rooftop, and city Block are fixed although we're still not sure why Petrol and City Block can't be switched to. It's an error with tours.ini but there seems to be nothing causing it. Thanks a lot for helping out.

I noticed that the missions are called mp_petrol ect instead of [mAAp] Petrol

The game cannot find the briefings, the screenshots or the fact that it is in the mAAp pack

You probably know all of this, but still.

Also, Spanky, In your Pipeline, I noticed that Assault can get a 203 into the Main Control Room very quickly. Defense can shoot back and it's not an easy shot, but it's a shot that could kill everyone in the main control room. This isn't really a problem, just thought I'd let you know. Move out, motherfuckers! XD I love how many ways there are to go. Really good job with that.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 28, 2012, 07:38:05 AM »
my first feedback is about Square:
nice to see that map with 32 player slots :). also good to see that side changes will not give anymore honor points. and the problem with the ladders is also gone i guess.

some points to watch at:
- if you go from middle tower at computer-room one level higher to 2nd floor, you can see at the stairs for a while
  the sky.  http://postimage.org/image/pd7jp47ht/
  this is not good and should be checked/corrected.
- it is not possible anymore to walk on the small wall headers (for example at the balcony, where the clothes are put
  on the lines to dry or on the upper stairs at the black whole). thats a pitty. wished to be back as it was before if
  possible.
- some MD5Tool Mismatches (removing Player xx):
  - StaticMeshes/M-mAAp_Pack_6.usx (len=256)
  - Sounds/S-mAAp_Pack_6.uax (len=256)
  - Textures/T-WINDOWS.utx (len=256) (happend at rooftop)

thats about Square. i will go on with at least one map per day, but i will not double report others.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 28, 2012, 09:54:22 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 28, 2012, 09:40:07 AM »
reports of :

- Teh Yeti's Lair (all good)
- PBall (all good, but PB Client Removing xx: GameFile Mismatch mAApKAutor.u)
- UT4 (all good)
- Glass Kill House (all good - only the glass you are walking on is not visible, but the same at old version, so dont care about)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 28, 2012, 11:21:44 AM »
Petrol:

There was 1 mention already, but there were 2 different places where you could get behind the houses at South side of the map (similar, but 1 SW and the other SE side kinda).

And from the house next to the gas station you can get on the powerlines and walk on them and get to places you shouldn't. They go both ways (west and east) and you can walk on either 1 and get pretty far. I don't like walking on powerlines anyway, but getting to otherwise unaccessable places is a sure no-go for me.

I have the screenshots in this rar:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7y1tp8pdtq85gpo/petrol.rar
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday, December 28, 2012, 11:39:15 AM »
Office: not a big concern but i noticed that the cameras disappear after you shoot them 2-4 times.

Interdiction: one of the glass panels in the production room is off.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager