Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: mAAp Ice  (Read 2207 times)

Offline !The_Engineer!

mAAp Ice
« on: Monday, January 07, 2013, 19:21:55 PM »
Played with Possessed a few rounds and I am still getting used to the changes.

The added wind noise while not bad per say it does seem a bit off. I kinda think that it should be more directional, perhaps it should be coming from the cave rather than all around and perhaps vary in intensity, perhaps similar to that of border. Just some ideas. Again, not something that isn't acceptable, just wondering if it couldn't be made to better fit the scenery, like the sparks coming from the electrical lines.

Not sure the purpose of the cave???

The added trees now makes what used to be a very heavily assault favored game now more evenly matched, perhaps even to some degree tilted slightly to the defense side (probably where it should be)

And, now that you cannot hide in the ice many of the assault advantages are pretty much gone.

The new ice "slip" when stopping is interesting and a nice addition. It surely does match with the terrain. +1

In checking out the map I almost immediately noticed a bug up on new rock/ledge on the right side of the map. You can see through it. If you lay down you cannot tell where the rock ends so you end up shooting the rock even though you think you are looking at a target. I would guess it can't be too difficult to fix.

Here is a screenshot

All in all I am glad to see the map more even weighted. Hope people give it a try.  Thanks for the hard work and effort. +++

« Last Edit: Monday, January 07, 2013, 19:35:56 PM by !The_Engineer! »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: mAAp Ice
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 07, 2013, 20:11:14 PM »
Thanks for the comments. When I was looking at the map, it definitely needed more tree cover. I also boosted the amount of snow falling. The wind sounds I think were done by Killa, I never checked them out. The cave, me and Killa feel mixed about. It doesn't serve a purpose and trying to get those rocks to fill in without see-through or invisible things is kinda tough actually. We might just get rid of it (unless Blue wants to fix it or do something different). The slip on the ice was actually in the original version (this map is a redesign) but it was one of the overlooked things.

Glad you're liking the changes :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline !The_Engineer!

« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 07, 2013, 20:25:29 PM »
Well I like whatever makes people play the map more. I mean I liked the previous version but I must say it was not a fair fight, assault/defense wise.  I would hope those that previously didn't like it for this reason will give it another try and see if this new experience is better. I have found that a lot of new people to the map in the past leave in a few rounds as they just didn't "get it". 

Also in the cave you can go under the wall and hide there. When I get a moment I will post a SS but if you plan to remove the cave then its a non-issue. I wish the cave had some type of tactical purpose. Seems like it was the start of an idea that just took an abrupt halt.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 07, 2013, 20:27:08 PM by !The_Engineer! »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 03:26:17 AM »
Haven't played the map since I heard you could go under ice and shoot everybody etc lol imma try it out soon
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 03:31:55 AM by Ganja »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 03:27:41 AM »
Yea, I tried fixing that "going under ice" bug twice. It's now permanently fixed :D
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager