Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: mAAp Forest [Beta]  (Read 7053 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
mAAp Forest [Beta]
« on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 02:14:07 AM »
Some of you may remember a while back, I started a new map called Forest. It was a daytime map then turned into a night map. Long story short, here's the old thread:
http://aao25.com/forum/maap/untitled-forestjungle-map/

The map is now live in Assist. This thread is to serve as a discussion on where to take the map as far as features and layout. There's problems with the map as-is, the trees are crappy and the objectives need tweaking but the basic idea is there. Below is a quick video of the first beta release. Please reply in this thread with any ideas or suggestions for this map.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 03:03:00 AM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: mAAp Forest [Beta]
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 02:57:27 AM »
So that's the thread I saw it on... 9 pages :D

Anyway, I'll try to get on it as soon as I can to see what's what :)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vilkas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 06:10:32 AM »
I will definitely check it out spanky once one of the servers runs it unless you could do it by console "open maap forest" ?

I am extremely glad that you continued your work,it does look spooky as hell:)

But I also liked your previous version. The jungle map. Just look at the effects you made on that map...just amazing. You should re do your work on that map you were based at the start and release another version maap jungle. But overall good job spanky:)

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 06:30:21 AM »
If you want to try it offline, the command you're looking for is 'open MP_Forest' or 'start MP_Forest'.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vilkas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 06:53:34 AM »
Ok thanks:)

Offline Southofheaven

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 07:14:56 AM »
well for what i saw i love it.. dont mind the trees its not even a problem... i also like the objectives. my thought is about the choise of weapons to the map.. normal m16s whit 2 snipers. or scope whit red dot.

Offline Petrol

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 07:37:57 AM »
My sugestion is to make that wooden house penetrable.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 07:57:43 AM »
nice map Spanky, thanks a lot!

when you get some time, could you make the map name visible at servers browser? also the SAI picture would be nice to be corrected.

btw: what is the map name to start like  GLOBAL mp_forest (it isn't mp_forest, will not start with that auto)

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 08:13:33 AM »
nice map Spanky, thanks a lot!

when you get some time, could you make the map name visible at servers browser? also the SAI picture would be nice to be corrected.

btw: what is the map name to start like  GLOBAL mp_forest (it isn't mp_forest, will not start with that auto)
It did start offline with mp_forest for me.

And btw, as you can read from the title of this topic, this map is far from finished, so obviously it won't have SAI working properly yet.

Jared

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 10:15:52 AM »
Nate get at me today and we can test it out, if my boss doesn't come in :D

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 13:59:32 PM »
I did play it and it is good to have - even with that 76 maps - a new one :)
for me it goes a bit camping like for def side, but ok. would be nice to have maybe a lake with stones to go over the field (from ass on left side) like river. also some bushes would be good so ass can have some cover with it. not only def rushing at building and camp then.

and maybe a tunnel :D - I would love it, but don't know how much work that would be.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 14:08:08 PM »
But I also liked your previous version. The jungle map. Just look at the effects you made on that map...just amazing. You should re do your work on that map you were based at the start and release another version maap jungle. But overall good job spanky:)
I kind of liked the appeal of that one too but it's just hard to get a really dense and lush jungle in AA. I mean, you have to place, scale and align each shrub/tree by hand. There's a way to "paint" trees on the ground so they're randomly placed but the problem is you can walk through them :) It was just tough for me to get to a point where I was happy with a lush jungle. I'll still have to manually place the dead trees but they should be easier and better for FPS.

well for what i saw i love it.. dont mind the trees its not even a problem... i also like the objectives. my thought is about the choise of weapons to the map.. normal m16s whit 2 snipers. or scope whit red dot.
I think once the layout is done, we can discuss weapon loadouts. For now, I just copy-pasted Urban Assault spawns.

My sugestion is to make that wooden house penetrable.
Like door breachers?

I see a server running with it (SWISS's), I don't see an issue. It should be in the tours.ini which will allow you to move a server to it with the F12 control panel.

and maybe a tunnel :D - I would love it, but don't know how much work that would be.
I like the tunnel idea, maybe more of a cellar. Especially with the hill that the house is on.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 15:49:55 PM »
yes, it was fixed by ELiZ, thanks.
and if you stand beside the left boat, you get stucked there. also a bit laggy the map, maybe you can do some tuning?

again thanks a lot - its fun

Offline Southofheaven

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 16:25:48 PM »
we try it and this is what we notice.. we can do boat obj at the beggining when we ass. and after we get to the house and obj dont appear.. defense also can do objs. 2 we can go in the water and go around the map. 3 maybe put something more to cover between the bridge and the houses.. :) but its a great beggining to a very good map. :)  :style:

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 17:26:54 PM »
1 - More wood houses on diffrent locations 
2 - thicker fog on below to crawl without being seen. not the whole map but sum parts of it, around the nice spooky trees.
3 - A 2e bridge for assault 1 left site 1 right site . ore obstical over the water?
4- Thunder storm and the sound wood be nice to.
5 - Also a sound meaby like in City Block when you get to the obj.
6- And sum objects on the field 

A - You can look under the summ trees thats weard!.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 18:39:40 PM by Vanoke »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager