Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Got two ideas one old and one new........  (Read 7410 times)

Offline dtruesdale

Got two ideas one old and one new........
« on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 00:31:55 AM »
The old one I had back in 2005 a Mogadishu map fairly large, with today’s servers and bandwidth it should be able to host 64 players 32 a side......... The other idea was destructible lights, lights that blew out when naded or shot out. Is this possible?

Offline Alex

Re: Got two ideas one old and one new........
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 00:36:16 AM »
Asisst doesn't support up to 64 as far as I know. I think 30 is the max. I might be wrong though.

Destructible lights are possible and there is even one in mAAp Pipeline on the watchtower outside.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 00:38:18 AM »
Assist could be changed and LowPingServers.com could host servers that large with a few clicks.

As for destructable lights, they are definitely possible. A big issue I had though is that you could shoot them and they'd go out but you could shoot them again and they'd come back on :) Also, they are hideous and shouldn't be used for main lighting. Dynamic lights go through walls and have a very specific radius. They should only be used for coronas really.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 00:47:33 AM »
The lights would actually add a new perspective to the game in some of the maps. Like insurgent camp in the building  the lights wouldn't be on if being attacked. how about a light switch?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 00:48:53 AM »
The problem with that is the close proximity of one room to another. A dynamic light would have to be very dim and small to not go through the wall. Go take a look at mAAp Pipeline's tunnels, you can turn the lights on/off.

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 00:59:30 AM »
oh so it's the dynamic lighting that would be the issue. I got it. Was an idea.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 01:03:34 AM »
Yea. It's a really cool idea and there's all kinds of things you can do but when you see it implemented, there's really no good way to make it look right inside a building. I tried to illuminate the bathroom on mAAp Pipeline with dynamic lights and while it worked, the lights looked FAR from realistic. I scrapped the whole thing. Outside could be really cool. Insurgent Camp could be darker and have a couple more spotlights as well as tent illumination that could be shot out.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 02:11:29 AM »
The old one I had back in 2005 a Mogadishu map fairly large, with today’s servers and bandwidth it should be able to host 64 players 32 a side......... The other idea was destructible lights, lights that blew out when naded or shot out. Is this possible?

the idea of 64 players in one game for aa scares me...lol

just think of the wait time between rounds.
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

JonnyM

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 02:12:58 AM »
and the lag

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 02:14:33 AM »
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

JonnyM

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 11:01:39 AM »
can we do something with insurgent camp so its dark, i mean no matter how high the gamma or brightness it is still fkn dark! with just a few lights where you can see.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 11:04:43 AM »
can we do something with insurgent camp so its dark, i mean no matter how high the gamma or brightness it is still fkn dark! with just a few lights where you can see.

That's why you use nightvision. I would like to see some light under the west objective in UA because I play with almost maximum brightness and I still didn't see the guy there.

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 11:08:14 AM »
I am sure Head Hunters would be strictly against changing the original Insurgent Camp map. Me included.

JonnyM

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 11:10:13 AM »
It would be an additional map, not a replacement.

Offline -Diesel.iNv-

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 11:26:10 AM »
1.) good luck trying to get 64 people in a server

2.) People already complain about people camping. Imagine a 64 man server.

3.) You are taking away the classic game play. If I wanted to play a FPS with that many people I'd go play battlefield.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager