Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Got two ideas one old and one new........  (Read 7411 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: Got two ideas one old and one new........
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 17:02:05 PM »
maybe try 64 players on poolday :D

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 20:39:01 PM »
I think the 64 player was lost in translation. I was wanting to know if we could implement a map of Mogadishu (Black Hawk Down for those who don't know) which was a game with 64 players on a map. Create our own map and test it to it's limits. I keep hearing camping, why is he camping? and all that jazz........folks real  Assault and Defence requires tactics and strategy, none of which is without teamwork or sitting in one position to defend an objective. Example AR is cover fire on Assualt and means basically cover an area with field of fire. On Defence it means hold your ground at all costs by laying suppression fire across the filed to keep the enemy at bay. I think you all got CS issues here. AAO was never intended to be a CS replacement. Teamwork, Strategy and tactics which I see little in a game. Everyone forgets the objectives and wants kills. Wins are either objectives taken or other team has all died  trying to reach their objectives. The game is about Objectives..............my opinion so fire away   

Offline Alex

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 22:02:05 PM »
I think the 64 player was lost in translation. I was wanting to know if we could implement a map of Mogadishu (Black Hawk Down for those who don't know) which was a game with 64 players on a map. Create our own map and test it to it's limits. I keep hearing camping, why is he camping? and all that jazz........folks real  Assault and Defence requires tactics and strategy, none of which is without teamwork or sitting in one position to defend an objective. Example AR is cover fire on Assualt and means basically cover an area with field of fire. On Defence it means hold your ground at all costs by laying suppression fire across the filed to keep the enemy at bay. I think you all got CS issues here. AAO was never intended to be a CS replacement. Teamwork, Strategy and tactics which I see little in a game. Everyone forgets the objectives and wants kills. Wins are either objectives taken or other team has all died  trying to reach their objectives. The game is about Objectives..............my opinion so fire away
The concerns still remain. The lag would be huge and the wait times would be very long. Nobody wants to wait that long just to play.

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 22:16:22 PM »
Again like i said the 64 player was lost in translation, it could be 32 or 40 it was the map that was being asked about.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 00:00:02 AM »
I bet it would be awsome to have 64 players playing RT, but again the lag will be huge.

Offline Alex

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 00:03:34 AM »
Again like i said the 64 player was lost in translation, it could be 32 or 40 it was the map that was being asked about.
Oh, well that's not likely to happen. It's possible but I doubt anyone would be willing to put the time and effort into it.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 00:06:38 AM »
Killa, you're good at copy-paste, why not just copy SF CSAR into UA?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 00:12:03 AM »
Killa, you're good at copy-paste, why not just copy SF CSAR into UA?
I see you've heard of my legendary work on SF HospitalBridgeCrossingPooldayAssault.

lol. It would have to be an extension. There's nowhere to fit CSAR in UA or the other way around. Technically not impossible but very impractical.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 00:18:34 AM »
Right, I'm just kidding :) I've always thought UA is pretty small. It could easily be extended. Hell, we could even base off of Urban Assault SE *sudders*.

Offline Alex

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 00:25:56 AM »
Right, I'm just kidding :) I've always thought UA is pretty small. It could easily be extended. Hell, we could even base off of Urban Assault SE *sudders*.
We'll put CSAR upside down floating over UA and have jump pads to change what map you're on!
Not sure if that's even possible but it would be funny.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 00:48:54 AM »
We could spoof that. Add CSAR outside of urban and set the roofs of both main subtractions to be a special portal much like the non-euclidian map for 2.8.5 I have.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager