Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Got two ideas one old and one new........  (Read 7414 times)

Offline zoxee

Re: Got two ideas one old and one new........
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 11:38:31 AM »
Let's make 64 player rounds of 3 min...  :D

I could host such a game on my home gig, it's a i73690x with 64 GB Ram
and my internet connection is 200 Mbits
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 11:50:20 AM »
I talked to (I believe Pinky or Bridge) and they asked me if it would be possible for me to make a Insurgent Camp SE type of map. I told them yeah its possible. so they may be up for that. :)

JonnyM

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 11:56:51 AM »
IC always been my fav map, i would like to a refreshed version of it made.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 12:10:09 PM »
if none else attempts it, I will try in a few weeks since I'm currently working on breakout atm. I'm trying to get it completed so it can be pushed on the next mAAp push
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 12:11:50 PM by Rapture817 »

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 12:16:13 PM »
I talked to (I believe Pinky or Bridge) and they asked me if it would be possible for me to make a Insurgent Camp SE type of map. I told them yeah its possible. so they may be up for that. :)

How to do that? mmmm
 Ic is so small... so I would like a SE!

Offline Rapture

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 12:28:14 PM »
it shouldn't be hard to extend the main area and maybe add some mud/stone houses and maybe 1 more tunnel system and change objectives around a bit. maybe do like a weapons cache obj or have assault penetrate def base for a carriable obj and then they have to extract it or something.

Offline Alex

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 14:07:26 PM »
Well Spanky would have to do it because I cannot stand working with terrain and that's pretty much all that IC is.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 14:12:26 PM »
IC has been talked about a fair bit but nobody has brought any real ideas up.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Rapture

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 14:27:03 PM »
Well Spanky would have to do it because I cannot stand working with terrain and that's pretty much all that IC is.

lol what am i, chopped liver? lol. I never messed with terrain before, but I guess I could learn from the border/dusk tutorial.

Offline Alex

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 14:28:57 PM »
lol what am i, chopped liver? lol. I never messed with terrain before, but I guess I could learn from the border/dusk tutorial.
haha. I didn't really know how good you were with the editor so I didn't say you. But give terrain a go. It's more frustrating than fixing zones.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 14:32:53 PM »
With terrain, you have to double-check what tool/option you have selected before you do anything at all. Sometimes the dialog box will mess up and all the options will be jammed together but this also happens on surface properties too...

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 14:43:55 PM »
1.) good luck trying to get 64 people in a server

2.) People already complain about people camping. Imagine a 64 man server.

3.) You are taking away the classic game play. If I wanted to play a FPS with that many people I'd go play battlefield.

This is something I never understood. Why wouldn't you want more players in a server? Constantly I see 2 hospital servers full. Imagine the gameplay if they were all in the same server! Of course, if it's laggy, we wouldn't do it but why not 32 slots? Why not 36?

Offline Alex

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 15:04:07 PM »
This is something I never understood. Why wouldn't you want more players in a server? Constantly I see 2 hospital servers full. Imagine the gameplay if they were all in the same server! Of course, if it's laggy, we wouldn't do it but why not 32 slots? Why not 36?
Who would want to wait that long to play between rounds? I know I wouldn't. Large player servers are great in games with respawn. in AA, not so much.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 15:05:33 PM »
It can often take a while on full 26-slot servers. I'm not wholly agreeing with 64 slots, I doubt the engine would do it without lagging somewhere but 32-38 or so might be pretty good.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 16:58:06 PM »
It can often take a while on full 26-slot servers. I'm not wholly agreeing with 64 slots, I doubt the engine would do it without lagging somewhere but 32-38 or so might be pretty good.

We already have a server on pipe with 32 slots, almost full today. I can tell you it;s a massive chaos... Assault becomes defence and vice verca. 32 slots is good, but it's only good on a big ass map with like 5 minute playtime, because nobody wants to wait that long if they die.

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager