Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Goldenrod City  (Read 6554 times)

Offline Alex

Re: Goldenrod City
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, June 06, 2012, 21:28:13 PM »
The rooms are massive, the map is massive. Things i have noticed about maps that get played are that they are compact, have options in terms of where to go, but those options are all relevant in the grand scheme of the map and objectives. Basically every piece of a map has certain relevance to an objective. Hospital, IC, Weapons Cache are good examples of maps that have relevance in open spaces and are popular maps because of it.

Im not trying to bash your creation. I think its a clever idea. BUT your asking for alot out of the gate. A map of this size and openness demands ALOT of players. People may simply lose interest before a server gets big enough to play.
To be honest this map was just started as more of a joke and I had too much free time and went too far with it. I never really intended for it to be a real map. I agree, there is way too much open space. There is a lot wrong with the layout,. It's simply too big with not enough stuff. It's more of a novelty map than anything. I appreciate your feedback and it's a good observation, people don't like big maps. I would have scaled it down, but due to Pokemon's nonsensical scaling the inside of buildings are big while the outside is small and vice versa. I didn't realize how big of a problem that would be until I started. I ended up with huge buildings. Bigger than I originally wanted.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 06, 2012, 21:32:10 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, June 07, 2012, 11:50:11 AM »
Killa's goldenrod is too big :(
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, June 07, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »
Killa's goldenrod is too big :(
I would like to see a big map, only a terrain like a desert and some reachable peaks/mountains :D(like Monkey Island)
and somethings to hide behind XD
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 07, 2012, 13:41:17 PM »
Radio Tower?

Offline Alex

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 07, 2012, 14:19:18 PM »
I would like to see a big map, only a terrain like a desert and some reachable peaks/mountains :D(like Monkey Island)
I was actually thinking about making a long range terrain based map not too long ago. Something like River Basin, but better.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 07, 2012, 14:26:28 PM »
Radio Tower?
more plain terrain, its impossible to see ppl on the building if you are at the spawn :D
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 07, 2012, 21:31:42 PM »

You mean one like this and whit 64 guys in it

My opinion is!!>>>
>>> Time to cooperate whit aaotts, Assist hase the opening to the world aaotts has the maps
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 07, 2012, 21:43:19 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 07, 2012, 23:16:13 PM »
You mean one like this and whit 64 guys in it

My opinion is!!>>>
>>> Time to cooperate whit aaotts, Assist hase the opening to the world aaotts has the maps
good map and yeah some know mappers are in aaotts

Offline Alex

« Reply #38 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 16:15:31 PM »
Here is the map if anyone wants to run around in it. I'm not working on it anymore. Warning, it does not have proper spawns.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/514645/Goldenrod.aao

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager