Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Getting my hands on Mission Editor  (Read 4171 times)

Offline Spooce

Getting my hands on Mission Editor
« on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 19:36:25 PM »
I've been searching the internet but I cannot find anywhere to just get the America's Army mission editor. How do I go about downloading that? The only version of AA I have on my computer is 2.5 assist.

Ideally I'd like to extend the map Dusk to make it larger and play more like a special forces map. Thanks in advance.

Offline Alex

Re: Getting my hands on Mission Editor
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 21:43:24 PM »
The mission editor is private (seeing as it was never actually meant for public use) and I have no idea who is giving it out anymore. I wouldn't bother though, nobody will play your map, they'll just keep playing Pick A Weapon Pipeline and shit. Trust me, I wasted too much time making maps nobody plays, it's not worth it.

Offline Spooce

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 22:38:32 PM »
The mission editor is private (seeing as it was never actually meant for public use) and I have no idea who is giving it out anymore. I wouldn't bother though, nobody will play your map, they'll just keep playing Pick A Weapon Pipeline and shit. Trust me, I wasted too much time making maps nobody plays, it's not worth it.

I wouldn't mind if my map never got popular, I'm just making it for myself and a few others who I know would appreciate it. Just because Pick A Weapon Pipeline is ruining the game doesn't mean the maps you created were a waste. Maybe you should submit your maps to this forum and get them put to use.

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 11, 2013, 00:16:48 AM »
Maybe you should submit your maps to this forum and get them put to use.
My maps are in the game already. You can load them up right now. I made City Block(MP_City_Block), Rooftop (MP_Rooftop), and Petrol (MP_Petrol). When the latest mAAp pack released my maps got some play time but a couple of weeks later and everyone went back to pipeline. I wasted a huge amount of time on those maps for a week of playtime. It wasn't really worth it.

Have you used the mission editor before? It's not that easy to learn UE2 if you don't have someone helping you and some of the things it does are nonsensical and frustrating beyond belief.

As for the original topic question, I'm not sure who you should talk to to get the editor. It used to be Spanky but he doesn't do anything with it anymore. I'm pretty sure Eliz has it, so I'd start there, although I can't say whether they'll give it out or not.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 11, 2013, 00:18:40 AM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 11, 2013, 04:18:07 AM »
one way to get the maps more used would be playing tournaments, like winter league - or others like german's e-league.
but there are also only a view maps playable.

so why not a tournament (after the ending of winter league) with no maps preselect - and you will see that not only pipe, brigde, hospi and so would be played :)

so let's wait a bit ...

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 11, 2013, 10:51:55 AM »
This game comes with dozen of great maps, from wide areas to close range building fights.
I don't see the point to have even more added.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 12, 2013, 00:32:43 AM »
Spooce, speaking as someone who's thoroughly enjoyed making maps for AA; don't bother :) I'm not saying that because I'm bitter that nobody plays my maps, I'm saying that because the game engine is severely limited and it takes a lot of time to learn all of the kinks. Find something else to do with your free time, seriously.

If you absolutely want to edit Dusk... do it in the 2.8 editor and convert it using ELiZ's tool.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 12, 2013, 04:01:08 AM »
btw:
realy nice maps Spanky - thanks for that.

Offline Spooce

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 14:00:32 PM »
Those are some good maps, Killaman. I appreciate all of the..advice of not pursuing this, but I feel like it's something I could have some fun doing.

Can anyone link me to a good download of the Mission Editor for 2.8? The ones I downloaded off file planet were full downloads that ended up being corrupted.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 14:27:25 PM »
Think there is only the full version, no standalone 2.8.5 editor.

http://abr-clan.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=569

The issue you were having download could be the size(2.5) GB, use a download accellerator or a webbrowser that can handle large files like that, I know that IE has a history of messing up large files.

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 14:28:13 PM »
2.8.5 Editor:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnm6amc8legfwwj/AAEditor.rar

Let me known if it asks you for any .u or .dll file
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline Spooce

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 14:38:19 PM »
Thanks for the response, everyone. I finally got a working download. If anything of merit ever comes of this, I'll be happy to share it with you.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 14:42:20 PM »
Those are some good maps, Killaman. I appreciate all of the..advice of not pursuing this, but I feel like it's something I could have some fun doing.

Using an editor that is barely decent, to create mission for a game that is several years old, played by a small community...it really depends on what it means to you.

Offline ELiZ

Offline Spooce

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 16:04:37 PM »
Thank you. I already had that Dusk tutorial bookmarked for obvious reasons, haha. I'm anxious to get started.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager