Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Editor/Game Gamma  (Read 1528 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Editor/Game Gamma
« on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 17:45:33 PM »
Question for Spanks.
I have flux running all the time on my comp. Usually when I map, it's about nighttime and my monitor is set to 3400K. I noticed that when I'm using the editor, the gamma doesn't change at all because flux is running. However there are short instances when itll flash to the proper gamma if I click on a control or build all.

I've been creating/editing the maps based on my monitor in 3400K while running flux and I noticed that all the lighting I've done seems to clip the whites (overexpose) when you look at it when the editor goes into the proper gamma level. Spanky, I know I edited pball, but does the lighting look overexposed to you (cuz I know you use the default settings like a boss)?

I know it's as simple as turning off flux when I'm mapping, but I like have a warm screen at night so I don't get blinded by that damn blue light lol. I just wanna know how I should compensate for lighting when I'm working on 3400K. It's good to have another opinion other than my own ya know.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Editor/Game Gamma
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 18:05:29 PM »
I think PBall is fine. It doesn't look washed out or anything and there's no dark spots. Have you tried toying with the editor's gamma settings?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Editor/Game Gamma
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 18:08:02 PM »
Haven't tried that. If pball looks good, then Ill just go after that same scale of brightness and say problem solved.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager