Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 2.5 Editor  (Read 7176 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: 2.5 Editor
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 05:44:00 AM »
Give me the AA Overmatch, if I get it, I'll not upload the file (upload speed: 59kbps = ~7KBs) lol
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline guner

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 17:47:40 PM »
Ok, I so so want the 2.5 Editor but yes if you giving it out to some people it will be on the net for download in an hr.
I think for what it is worth have maps made on 2.8 and then vote. the winner has there map converted.
By who idk?  But on the other hand I would pay to have my map converted if it won.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 07:34:57 AM »
Not sure if this is really a matter of money

Offline Gnar

• Nigga I'm Gangsta
    • View Profile
  • AA: -[Gnar]-
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 11:16:46 AM »
Personally I agree with it not being handed out. If you give out the editor to everyone, or even just a few, what's to say they won't abuse it. I'm sure whoever has the editor currently can be trusted with the fact that they wont leak it. If the editor gets leaked, then why would people want to come here when they can make their own map and skip the middle man? Out of respect of those who put so much time into the mAAp pack I say don't release the 2.5 editor.
-Scrubz

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 16:11:30 PM »
I think a great way to both solve the editor problem and promote growth for the community would be to incorporate the editor into assist. I feel that by creating a subforum for this discussion we can bring more members of the community to the forum and hopefully get enough people together that any questions that would be pointed at Spanky could be answered by other people too.

Old players might be even more tempted to return with the editor included. We've recently seen evidence that players want the editor.

*EDIT*
Also, I believe there should be some group of current mAApers who vote on new maps, with the community polled as well to help that group decide.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 18, 2012, 16:13:57 PM by Archeh »
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 17:03:58 PM »
and hopefully get enough people together that any questions that would be pointed at Spanky could be answered by other people too.

First time I read this I thought it said "hopefully get enough people together to point questions at Spanky" just to spite me :D
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 06:05:42 AM »
might make the forums more alive, if there's a section about it where people help eachother and so on

U definitely explained it better than me ^^

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager