Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: City Block Map  (Read 32050 times)

Offline Alex

Re: City Block Map
« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 13:40:58 PM »
Very nice map dude. Pretty much like the obj idea in a 2 floors building.Although I'm not against SF in that kind of maps
It's too small for SF weapons and everyone with a 203 would just kill the fun. It's like doing SF on Urban Assault, 203's flying everywhere to the point where it's just not fun anymore.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 13:48:47 PM »
It's too small for SF weapons and everyone with a 203 would just kill the fun. It's like doing SF on Urban Assault, 203's flying everywhere to the point where it's just not fun anymore.

+1, shooting a m203 requires very basic skills, makes little to no fun and by today it has become the new Lame Weapon of choice.

P.s. you said it is too small for SF weapons, but you're equipping some slots with an s24? I'm confuzzeled.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 19, 2012, 13:51:39 PM by Koden »

Offline Alex

« Reply #32 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 13:53:56 PM »
+1, shooting a m203 requires very basic skills, makes little to no fun and by today it has become the new Lame Weapon of choice.

P.s. you said it is too small for SF weapons, but you're equipping some slots with an s24? I'm confuzzeled.
Yup. A sniper slot worked out great in Urban, and this way Spanky might actually play the map! :P

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #33 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 13:57:31 PM »
Yup. A sniper slot worked out great in Urban, and this way Spanky might actually play the map! :P

Awwwwwwww :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 14:02:36 PM »

I kinda figured that it was something like an equip made for Spanky, lol.

Jared

« Reply #35 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 16:41:24 PM »

LOL. This is the new requirement on all mAAp pack maps. ;)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #36 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 16:57:42 PM »
U can force sf without 203 but whatever, I think I imagine the map bigger then it is.
Anyway great job

Offline Alex

« Reply #37 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 16:59:54 PM »
U can force sf without 203 but whatever, I think I imagine the map bigger then it is.
Anyway great job
Watch the video and you'll see how big it actually is. I would say it around Urban Assault's size.

Offline Alex

« Reply #38 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:27:54 PM »
Ran into a small problem with the breachable doors. They work and you can blow them up with breaches, but you can also open them from both sides using E. I have no idea how to stop this from happening.

Offline Alex

« Reply #39 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:28:16 PM »
Ran into a small problem with the breachable doors. They work and you can blow them up with breaches, but you can also open them from both sides using E (or whatever key you have binded to USE). I have no idea how to stop this from happening.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:30:09 PM »
I think you need to open the object category for the mover actor. Change the inital state. I can't remember what all the initial states are, but you should be able to figure out which one to set by name.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:31:02 PM »
LOL. This is the new requirement on all mAAp pack maps. ;)

In addition to nvg and binocs for all players even if you don't need it on the map :D

Offline Alex

« Reply #42 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:31:40 PM »
I think you need to open the object category for the mover actor. Change the inital state. I can't remember what all the initial states are, but you should be able to figure out which one to set by name.
The funny part is I copied the doors right from Dockside, and yet they don't work like they should. That leads me to believe something other than the door is set to block players from opening it.

Also, there will be nightvision since it's a night map.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:34:26 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:36:26 PM »
The funny part is I copied the doors right from Dockside, and yet they don't work like they should. That leads me to believe something other than the door is set to block players from opening it.

Also, there will be nightvision since it's a night map.

If you take a look at the doors I put in Glass Kill House, they don't open with E. They open when the objective is completed.

Offline Alex

« Reply #44 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:37:29 PM »
If you take a look at the doors I put in Glass Kill House, they don't open with E. They open when the objective is completed.
I found out how they did it. Just added a door trigger. Now to find out how the hell that even works.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:42:21 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager