Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: City Block Map  (Read 32062 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: City Block Map
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 00:13:43 AM »
Use fraps then run it through Movie Maker which will make a video something like 100mb or so (it will tell you when you go to upload it through Movie Maker).
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 00:27:16 AM »
lol @ killa
reminds me of that time I asked spanky why my shit was too big

Yea, I told him that he needed to see a doctor.

Offline Alex

« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 00:54:48 AM »
Use fraps then run it through Movie Maker which will make a video something like 100mb or so (it will tell you when you go to upload it through Movie Maker).
I did that and saved it through Movie Maker but all it did was add a thick black border around my video and make the whole video look bad.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 00:56:10 AM »
I usually re-encode with xvid's included mini converter. Set the b-frames and i-frames from 3 to 5 and you get a decently sized video to upload. Although that method is a bit more advanced than putting it through movie maker. Nothings wrong with movie maker though.

The map is starting to get some life :D

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 00:59:13 AM »
I did that and saved it through Movie Maker but all it did was add a thick black border around my video and make the whole video look bad.

Then you didn't do it right because if you feed 1920x1080 (make sure fraps is set to full screen, not half) video to Movie Maker, it will output 1080p with visible quality loss but it's acceptable for how fast and easy it is.

Offline Alex

« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 01:03:17 AM »
Then you didn't do it right because if you feed 1920x1080 (make sure fraps is set to full screen, not half) video to Movie Maker, it will output 1080p with visible quality loss but it's acceptable for how fast and easy it is.
lmao, movie maker was set to 4:3. I figured it would auto adjust to the video.

Offline Alex

« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 01:31:43 AM »
New Video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uKV7OAjF44[/youtube]

OP also updated.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 01:36:00 AM »
Can we have breachable doors?

Offline Alex

« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 01:46:38 AM »
Can we have breachable doors?
The map is kinda too small for SF weapons (only ones that come with door breaches as far as I know). I currently have the weapons on M16's AR's and S24's

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 01:49:41 AM »
You can add breachers with AddedInventory. It's up to you though. I just want more mAAps to have more dynamic gameplay elements.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 01:50:54 AM »
Looking great Killa :)

Offline Alex

« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 01:52:50 AM »
You can add breachers with AddedInventory. It's up to you though. I just want more mAAps to have more dynamic gameplay elements.
Well if you can find a good place to put a breach-able door I'm definitely open to the idea. The problem is I can't find a place to put one that wouldn't be completely useless. Door breaches are cool on maps like SF Dockside because it is in the center of the map and the lower cargo is often an objective so it's important.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 03:00:25 AM »
How about a 3rd objective that is instant win if you capture it. But it's in a building with a breachable door. You would have to make the interior so that if some team does go in, the opposing team should have an time killing them so that it's not too easy to take the objective quickly. Objective could be on the second floor possibly (think how breakout has the open top floor which is easily nade-able from the bottom floor). OR you could increase the time it takes to capture the objective.

Offline Alex

« Reply #28 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 10:36:08 AM »
How about a 3rd objective that is instant win if you capture it. But it's in a building with a breachable door. You would have to make the interior so that if some team does go in, the opposing team should have an time killing them so that it's not too easy to take the objective quickly. Objective could be on the second floor possibly (think how breakout has the open top floor which is easily nade-able from the bottom floor). OR you could increase the time it takes to capture the objective.
That's a pretty good idea. I'm thinking of putting a 2 story building and having a lot of windows and the objective on the second floor. Breachable doors on the bottom.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
Very nice map dude. Pretty much like the obj idea in a 2 floors building.Although I'm not against SF in that kind of maps

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager