Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: City Block Map  (Read 32050 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: City Block Map
« Reply #45 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:42:06 PM »
Check the events and tags for the door and door trigger. But I might be wrong, never used the door trigger before.

Offline Alex

« Reply #46 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 17:44:24 PM »
hm, I'm actually thinking about making it not open normally from the inside. That gets rid of 2 problems, I don't have to sit here and try to figure out how they did it (door triggers are apparently for the fire alarms)  and it also gets rid of the door breacher glitch where if you open the door when a breacher is on it, the breacher disappears.

Offline Alex

« Reply #47 on: Saturday, March 24, 2012, 23:58:33 PM »
New video with new objective building only enter-able by breach-able doors.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvAjaJ-12IE[/youtube]

The audio is way behind the video (fraps fucked it up) and I didn't notice it until I uploaded it to youtube. Was going to take off the audio but apparently youtube doesn't let you do that as far as I can tell. Anyways, just mute it or something. :P

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 00:51:59 AM »
The layout is looking good. I can't wait to see how it looks with all the final details.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 05:30:49 AM »
Very nice one, I'd say it's a mix of urban, breakout and abit of pipeline :D

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 13:01:10 PM »
Tried the map today and noticed there are 2 objectives, one takes turns (needed to win), placed outside in the park, and the other one (doesn't take turns, not needed to win) placed at the 1st floor. I noticed you can actually get the 2nd objective in a pretty safe way, as there no sniping point that covers that part of the building. I was wondering if that's a choice by design cause while it's gonna be a pain in the ass to defend the park objective (well,you can still do it by laying in the fountain, lol) it will be pretty easy to complete the 1st floor one.

Offline Alex

« Reply #51 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 13:03:09 PM »
Tried the map today and noticed there are 2 objectives, one takes turns (needed to win), placed outside in the park, and the other one (doesn't take turns, not needed to win) placed at the 1st floor. I noticed you can actually get the 2nd objective in a pretty safe way, as there no sniping point that covers that part of the building. I was wondering if that's a choice by design cause while it's gonna be a pain in the ass to defend the park objective (well,you can still do it by laying in the fountain, lol) it will be pretty easy to complete the 1st floor one.

There are 3 objectives. There is one in the park and one in the cafe. You need both to win (take turns). Then there is one on the second floor of the building that is an instant win if taken. I understand how the park could be difficult to defend while the cafe would be easy, I'll take a look at it later.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 13:06:53 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 13:08:15 PM »
There are 3 objectives. There is one in the park and one in the cafe. You need both to win (take turns). Then there is one on the second floor of the building that is an instant win if taken.

Ah yap, now i get it.

Offline Alex

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, May 05, 2012, 19:13:44 PM »
Just a minor update. Added humvees to the park to provide more cover for the objective. Also added a watch tower there. Also added a flipped semi on the street to right of Assault West spawn. I'm out of ideas for the map so if anyone has some ideas, I'd love to hear them.  :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bhMOTz-_yM&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, May 05, 2012, 19:45:38 PM »
You added a ton more objects, looks great :D

I'd have to play it to think of any ideas, it looks pretty good right now. Although there is that one building next to the courtyard with the ladder. The entrance is just a big hole hehe. Put that rollup garage mesh halfway up, unless you can think of something better. Because it looks kinda odd without anything.

Offline Alex

« Reply #55 on: Saturday, May 05, 2012, 19:46:48 PM »
You added a ton more objects, looks great :D

I'd have to play it to think of any ideas, it looks pretty good right now. Although there is that one building next to the courtyard with the ladder. The entrance is just a big hole hehe. Put that rollup garage mesh halfway up, unless you can think of something better. Because it looks kinda odd without anything.
Yeah. I planned on adding doors to both the laundromat and the warehouse by the assault west spawn. Thanks for reminding me. :P

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, May 05, 2012, 20:00:35 PM »
Just noticed this thread. Nice work, keep it up.

Offline Alex

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, May 05, 2012, 21:28:34 PM »
Alright I added doors to the laundromat and the roll-up garage door on the warehouse.

Offline Alex

« Reply #58 on: Saturday, September 07, 2013, 15:30:59 PM »
Alright so I updated City Block for the next mAAp release. Basically it was just redone lighting and some bug fixes (fence in obj building is now shoot through-able lol)

video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IhqSLy0-kQ&[/youtube]

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, September 08, 2013, 13:49:49 PM »
add a ladder to the obj roof with another breachable door down the stairs. on either s, east or west side, like a fire escape

Also make the cat walk have a ladder up to the top of obj - also accessing the roof breachable door.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager